Thanks devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OG Betray, Oct 22, 2020.

1. OG Betray New Player

Sheesh didn't realize it'd garner so many posts...no not pvp to whoever said that pvp been broken since 13' just learned to deal with it. As for helping others its a constant revolving door of new bs players (sorry not sorry) with the skips every 4-6months. A food for thought to solve before more frustration....simply only allow skip after 1 toon reaches a certain cr/sp then allow the skip. Shame to see so many people leave over the years and been at bat for the dc side but man is it getting as aggravating as ever. Suppose it was more of a rant than anything however u lose 1 loyal for 10 new so wont matter in the end. Good luck to all!
    • Like x 1
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I feel for both sides on this. We all know there's issues with the skippers but it definitely isn't just them. There's no instruction for them to learn. Healers wearing full dps gear with augments of every variety using tank artifacts. Dps's in troll gear. Whatever, and it all comes down to lack of reading comprehension for some of it but mostly no instructions. And even if you teach them how to build a character out, it's too late because there's no way to reset augs or get appropriate gear/ artifacts other than starting over. So they give up or try to make it work vs starting at 0. The skip is decent, the cr climb is way too fast. I can go from 255 to 315 in a day or 2. No real sp gained, augs would maybe move 5 levels, and artis would be maybe 2 levels higher. Not sure it's remotely possible but a locked in cr for a bit would be very helpful as would a "use these augs for pfft dps, use these augs for healing blah blah" instructions listed under them. Then it's on players to read.
    I was in something, probably wv alert, and the healer was dps gear and prec/ vit/ dom/ resto augs with a cog, phr, and the orbital strike arti. I didn't say anything in instance, others sure did. I switched to heal to help finish and we moved on. I went to wt and wrote a book of an email with all the info I could give and told them to feel free to reach out if they had any more questions. No response ever but did see them again. Still the same build basically but with higher stats to them. Lead a horse to water...
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

BTW...I ran SGR a month or so ago prior to the newest skip, so the only 255 jumps at that point were likely from the other Jan freebie 9 months ago. Epic fail on first boss because people don't know how to block and roll out of the meteors Tala drops (even when told...many times) or fail to pick up those that are knocked out... and I've seen 7-8 year vets fall REPEATEDLY in there because they still can't time their jumps correctly.

Is it moreso after a fresh crop of jumpers? Sure. Is it strictly due to them? No.
    • Like x 2
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Mainly because there are a lot of players who will overplay the content in the first week, often with the help of a speed hacker, to get to full renown, top level gear, and have all of the feats done and then go and disappear until a new boss shows up with feats attached, new rewards become available with feats attached, etc, at which point they spend a weekend doing it and then go and disappear again until the next time it happens or when the new DLC drops and they start the cycle over again.

They aren't interested in teaching. They aren't interested in giving back. They got theirs and they're gone... maybe throwing out barbs at people along the way or saying derogatory stuff about them in secret chats.

The even more frustrating thing is when you arrive in an instance (especially elite ones) and nobody goes to the chat. OK, you can stay in your league or private chat until you get to a boss... but when you fail to go to the chat you don't hear the call-outs ("bracers," "burn," "stop burning," "mind controlled," etc). I don't care if you ran it a thousand times on your main and this is an alt you're fooling around on. You may be in a group with people who are still trying to get their main done. That said, the frustration level gets even higher when the people make the same mistakes over and over and over again (hit when Grail has bracers up, don't attack the adds, etc), so I get why some people will leave after a few attempts. Once in a while people will mis-time something, mis-judge, etc,... kinda in the category of "hit shappens," and those are forgivable... or maybe you get overlapping mechanics that just screws EVERYONE up... again, forgivable because it can happen.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You don't understand the difference between one person in the group needing guidance versus 3 or more in the group needing guidance?
    Here's a visual:
    Group of randoms with 1 problem: oooooooo
    Group of randoms with multiple problems:
    o o o o ø oo 0
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Are you speaking from the perspective of someone on the Switch or on PC.
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I agree but the OP just implies he hates skippers and it ruins his game so hes leaving. Is why I asked the questions I did. I dont recall any quotes from him answering the questions either, so makes me think it was a 1 wipe leave deal. Which imo he has no room to complain if he didnt try to explain mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  8. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Cr skips wouldnt be so bad if they came with a good amount of sp... if open episodes stick then theres no reason not to throw in atleast 150 sp.. i mean isnt that like the bare minimum needed to be okayyy as a tank
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Still dont see the difference, hows helping 1 any different than explaining mechanics to the whole group? As I said back in 2011/2012 the population then explained things and it made for a better playerbase. Why is that so hard to do nowadays?

Would you not explain job duties to 7 new employees if they messed up 1 time? I'm pretty sure you would depending upon your role at your job. You would want those 7 new people to be up to par with everyone else.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

I know this is OT, but do most players think a PC player is a speed hacker? I just noticed a trend and I've seen first hand experience when one is speed hacking, but it's been far and few in between. The only time I've seen them consistently is in PvP on weekends, when reporting has to wait until Monday to look into it. (Don't pvp anymore, so haven't seen one in a long time.)

I don't know what platform you are on, but I can say from my experience playing on PC and the switch, there is a significant more potential damage one can do with a keyboard than a controller. Especially since all powers and actions are laid out.

Anyways, sorry to detract from the conversation. I actually agree with most of what you said. The content spurters are the reason why we got the god awful monthly content and cr relevancy. The same with communication. Definitely a lot more people that don't want to talk. Evenmoreso with the switch, because even their text system is terribad and most don't use voice. (I'm included, I can and will if we are going for feats/content, but I don't, mostly because I'm used to typing.)
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Just like this conversation, I don't have the time or patience.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Yes to both.

The switch one is even more fresh in my mind. My character was boosted to 100 cr because that's what they gave out last time, unlike the other platforms. So I actually needed to go through content to catch up to most of the players. (Then I hit 260ish and they announced the free skip. lol) There were a lot of bumpy players and I would type in chat to try and explain mechanics. Surprised by the positive response, but probably due to the low population. A significant number of players try to get along since they see each other quite often. We had one bad troll in CoP normal, which means he got enough to get in there. With all suggestions, he just quit. I don't know if it was a barrier or what, but he definitely was the reason why we struggled the most and we weren't accusing in any way.

On PC would make more of my history though. Issues with not learning your role before entering content has been a problem way before skips and this conversation has come up over the years. And the consensus on the forums is that the devs don't have anything to teach. Which is why I think this is a numbers game. It's not because a new player is skipping, it's because the point of entry is the starting reference to learn on and players that complain about the struggle are just not wanting to be the ones to teach the mechanics. When it's a group content and should work and learn how to work together. There are still people that don't know how roleless buff works.

I don't have an issue with a new player coming into content, even if they are struggling. It's when that new players chooses not to want to learn, that's when it becomes a problem. And like what xxHELLSTROKExx above said, you can only do so much.
    • Like x 1
  13. OG Betray New Player

Top of page 3 is my response...
  14. OG Betray New Player

3 skips a year is far to many 1 in jan for anniversary 1 when bop dropped and the most recent hell 3 in 10 1/2 months smh
  15. OG Betray New Player

I understand getting new clientele **** i do business myself who doesn't right now. Yet at the same time why should Joe Bologna be able to fire up the game and que to relevant cr instances with not knowing what is what thinking quantum heals.
  16. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Why because you know you stood where I was not long ago preaching the same thing to many on these same forums when the 1st skip happened? But now dont like your own words tossed back at you. GG
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Not all do, but there was clear evidence that people were using hackers to obtain renown and no death feats in FGSe week 1 and even week 2 up til it was fixed. Chill has it on his channel go look.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I've always been against making skips available to people that haven't already achieved that cr naturally.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

And those people are still playing.
  20. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I didnt say ppl were banned, I simply said theres evidence of ppl using speed hackers for no death feat in FGSe. It was known week 1.