Oldest DCUO Player?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Doctor Time Lord, Oct 19, 2020.

1. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I just mentioned in a reply in another thread that I wonder if, at age 63, am I the oldest player in DCUO.

(Note: video games are not just for young uns anymore and I started with PONG so my street cred should be good :) )

But seriously, are there any players out there as old or older than I am?

Just curious on a Monday morning
    • Like x 6
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

Not quite that age, but I'm certainly not a spring chicken any more.
    • Like x 2
  3. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Oldest player I know is in our league at a young 75 years. ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i remember pong.
    • Like x 5
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

A former league member from several years ago was in his 70s. I don't know if he still even plays or not.
    • Like x 1
  6. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I started with Pong as well, but you have me beat by a few years. These young 'uns don't know how good they've got it. When they complain about the graphics I just laugh and laugh.
    • Like x 3
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm one of the oldest players I generally run with in my LOW 50s, but yeah....63 is about as old as I've ever run with (I had a leaguemate who passed would would have been about that now). Glad to hear of a few who are in their 70s....I'll pass that on to my wife when she says I'm 'too old' to be playing games.
    • Like x 3
  8. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

i feel older then what my actual age is......does that count?
    • Like x 1
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

No I've ran into a military veteran at age 81 at that time, was 2 years ago that still plays dcuo and runs multiple characters
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Netari says hi, am I right? Good ol days
    • Like x 1
  11. Walvine Well-Known Player

Space invaders ,breakout ,frogger,Window painter , chooky egg, centipede
    I Remember when battle tanks and Night rider 2600 were played on wooden console with cutting edge analogue steering wheel hand controllers I also remembered when ET the extra terrestrial source code was leaked as demo on several magazines to find out on release day that the source code was just the full game with a door that never opens .
    • Like x 3
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wow...2 ET game references on the same day....makes me feel like revving up the old 2600 for some terribleness.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/expensive-broken-game.312051/
    post #3
    • Like x 2
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I'm 19. Guess that's why I'm more mature than 90% of the PvPers in game.

Lol jk (but not really), just some light shade.

Anyways, the oldest player I have ran with was 61 back in 2015 or 2016.

Average age of players I have played with in PvP is probably 21-25 by now for the veteran ones at least. At the time when I was really active in PvP (like 2015-2017) most of them seemed to be anywhere from 15-25 years old. Mostly college aged from those who actually said their age.

Average age of players in PvE from my experience seems to be anywhere from late 20s to early 40s. I've only met a few players younger than myself at any given time, and that includes a couple of people I know in real life. A lot of the spammers in the Metropolis and Watchtower chats are probably teenagers though so there's that.
    • Like x 1
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

57, me.
    • Like x 1
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Had a lady in my old league who was 74, thats the oldest i ran With that im aware of. Im 40 so i dont in it seems haha
    • Like x 1
  17. TheDark Devoted Player

I’m 32 on the outside. But on the inside I’m 99.
    • Like x 3
  18. Hath No. New Player

Yes, lol old folks play video games and we love them.
    • Like x 2
  19. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Because it's not the age, it's the mileage. :D
    • Like x 2
  20. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

53 here. I love this game a little too much...
    • Like x 1