Developer! Yea the dev that creates the feats!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Oct 17, 2020.

1. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Hi, I would like to ask for a huge favor!

Can I please get a chance to catch all of my alts up!? I spend all of my time on grinding feats this dlc. I don’t mind grinds, but all of the alts that I spend money on are falling behind.

I spent a ton of money on arts, name changes, etc.. but regret it. I love using all the powers, but just don’t have the time to keep up with the feat grind on my few main characters.

On this next DLC, can I get a chance to use all of my alts?! Without worrying about the counter feats?

I just speak for myself, but I am also asking for the players who feel the same way.

Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  2. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

While we are at it, what is the reasoning behind not having all of your toons progress toward feats just combine into one counter? If buying feats is the reason, then why can the toon that finishes the feat get the feat, then we have to buy the feat on our alts?

That way we can relax and play on all of our toons?
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

Why offer it for free when people are willing to pay?
    • Like x 2
  4. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

No idea what you are talking about.
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

I think they're talking about using replay badges to unlock feats on alts.
    • Like x 1
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

Anything that will reduce their revenue regarding feat unlocks or pretty much anything, will not happen.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You aren't using your alts to take advantage of counter feats?
    If there's feats for x25, x50 and x100 for example:
    My Toon A will do 25 for the x25 feat.

I will buy x25 feat on my Toon B, do another 25 for x50 feat.

I will buy x25 and x50 feats on my Toon C, do another 50 for x100 feat.

I will buy the missing x50 and x100 feats on Toons A and B. Done.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

This actually is the same as if you play on one. While you grind that 25 on one, you are not touching the others.

Personally this issue isn't the problem on this grind feat, it's progression. There are two different currencies, that make your alts fall behind if you farm on one character.

This game always sets time on having one character account.

I wish the game was more account designed and not just a single character. If it was easier to keep up alts, there would be more content ran. Need a healer? Sure let me switch right quick. But I digress...
    • Like x 2
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Hard to Balance Because your basically asking for feats to be simpler, easier, faster so that u can do it on alts as well (instead of using replays to get the feats).
    I have 1 main and 1 alt that is NOT for playing, its for events to farm currency faster. If it were made to what yournasking then players like me who dont have alts an dont want alts would have nothing to do leading many to quit.
    Just focus on your main for those type of feats and use replays to unlock them on alts. Its really cheap an really simple. Whats stopping you from doing this? Seems to me your issue is more that u want t free an thats a separate issue all together.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

But I'm not spending all that time on just the one character. I can divide the grind and spend time on all three or more.
  11. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Wonder verse was hard to keep up all the alts. But was helpful for each temple, was able to get the feats for all of them and buy for each one. Bounties wise, I wish they all combine together.

Certain feats, would like them to count towards all for example, kill 5000 reapers, or bounties stuff like that. For exapmle some of them drop some items. If I do 10 on main and get item they drop, do 15 on another until get item, maybe 7 on the next...for all toons they all come to a counter of 32.
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. You think I'm asking for a grind decrease, I'm not. I'm asking for a more account based system that allows you to think of the whole, not just one. Where the grind is equal to one character. If you choose just one or many.

Let me ask you, since you said you have an alt to just do seasonal content. If you had an option to truthfully use it, would you? If it's a 'no' then you are probably like most of the player base and would be perfectly fine. Same amount of content ran, same amount of grind.

The biggest reason everyone is not supporting an alt system is because they think it would just be a way to circumvent leveling. Kind of like how you use alts to do the seasonal. I think it could if they just opened it up, but I don't want that. I want it to be equal to having a single character or 16 characters. There are so many ways of doing this in the confides of what we already have available.

So... What do you do about currencies then? If you spent 12.5 hours getting 25 which yielded a lot of currency on that one. Of course spread out over a few days, you chose not to count any on an alt? So they lose out on marks? I'm confused, only because it still sounds like you limit your alts while playing on one. I do like the idea of choosing which to get what. On the other hand, your system would work for the brick color feat.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't think we're on the same page here.

I start the day on my Fire toon, join a spam group and grind out a feat to hit the first big milestone, breakoff to complete my dailies. Switch to my Nature toon.

Buy the feats for the first few milestones (ie: 1, 5, 10, 15, 25), the game now assumes I completed 25 so I'm currently 25/50 for the next milestone feat. I join a spam group and grind out another x25 for the feat, breakoff to complete my dailies. Log off, have lunch, watch TV, whatever. Log on to my Quantum toon.

I buy all the feats I've obtained so far. The game now assumes I'm 50/100 for the next feat. Now I have a few choices: I can join another spam group and grind out another x50. Or I could do x25 now and on my next off day do another x25. Either way I'm going to get my dailies done on this character as well. And then log off to enjoy the rest of my day.

I don't lose out on currency, I got all my marks for the day. I manage my time and divide the work between my characters. I may not get all the grind feats done that day (talk about burnout) but I will be done within a week or two depending on how high the milestones go.
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Well, there is an option (2 actually) we all have to functionally use alts.
    1) use replays to buy the feats (cost $ but easy peasy no grind needed).
    2) grind out the feats the old fashoned way.

One way cost $ To bypass the grind the other way is free. So what exactly are you asking for here then? If u want a free way to build alts we have that, if your asking for a fast way to bypass the grind we have that but it cost replays. If neither is what your asking then i must assume your asking for a free way to also do it fast. That cost $ an if u take away the part where the company makes $ then your idea is dead before u even get a chance to explain it.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

I think you again misunderstood me again, sorry I'll stop.

Oh and I have no problem paying to help alts, trust me I have spent a lot in replays. The problem is how they do it. But again, I'll stop. Everyone only sees superficial ways and not actual foundation fixes.
  16. Ekart Committed Player

SWTOR has something like this with some achivements and renown. You grind them with all your chars on Republic or Empire side.

DCUO could easily be an EA game because it's such a money grab.
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

If only the game included a way to unlock accomplished feats on alts!

Perhaps it could use Replay Badges!

What an unrealistic dream solution, eh?