Respectfully, is there any update or information on PvP?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by ColdFuzion, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Aspirit Active Player

Thanks for reminding us. PvP can be profitable as well.
    It’s very easy to build up a system based on game engine mechanics.

Make leagues and also use the 8 player format that is used to subscribe to a leaderboard for PvP.
    Make that leaderboard for 1, 4 and 8 (the current formats), where they are displayed in a ranking system.

Number 1, 2 , 3 and up to 100 players are displayed in the leaderboard where nr 1 is the player with most wins this day, week, month and so on. Make it reset every month.

Give players the initiative to take part on different PvP events.
    Create a PvP boss where 8 or more players join in to defeat the boss and get loot like completing an instance (a raid).

Make different equipment for PvP like you have done for PvE.
    Like the catalysts and artifact system.

The PvP will soon become as profitable as PvE if there is a group of devs who can make it happen and reap the rewards.
    The game will be more attractive and we can finally say PvP has a meaning and is enjoyable again in this game.

This is all doable and I have seen mobile games that attract micro transactions and become very profitable through a simple PvP system. And if they can make it on a mobile game so can the Dcuo devs.

Please Devs take a look at these ideas.
    • Like x 2
  2. Aspirit Active Player

I want to be the guy that one day the devs in a livestream or in a forum topic will mention, “we took specific ideas from the forums, we read and liked so we implemented the ideas of some of our members”. One day when these things are done and the game starts generating income from the PvP system...
  3. SekretVillain Loyal Player

They arent going to give you credit for anything
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

the players got what they wanted and that why pvp is in the state its in
  5. Aspirit Active Player

I would never expect personal credit. It was a joke, the whole thing.
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Didnt want you getting your Hope's up
  7. Bantos2 Active Player

That's nonsense, Mepps said Stats revamp had nothing to do with PVP. Everything was playable until the stats revamp, it turned PVP into a spam fast, rifle 5 tap being abuse (Unblockable), stuns being too strong, and after immunity was removed it created many bugs that had to do with counter windows (such as double counters, shield not being able to lunge from longe distance, etc). Nobody supported those things so I can't see where you're coming from.
    • Like x 2
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

Its been busted since like 2014 when they started tweaking the block break windows, dual wield nerf, them WM destroyed PVP in very short order
  9. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

You demand an answer, but one is given pretty regularly. At this time, what's going on, is that there are no plans to do anything with PVP. They've been pretty clear on this for a long time.
  10. BƖack Dedicated Player

Exactly, for a LONG TIME, like 5 Long Years, it's way too long. Maybe it's time already to do something with PVP?
  11. SekretVillain Loyal Player

You dont have to stay, nobody is forcing DCUO on you. Nor is anyone forcing you to buy into any of what you mentioned. I'm at 497sp and do just fine without 50-60% of what is in time capsules.
  12. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Again, any time they try they cant get the population to agree on fixes so they say screw it and leave it be as it is.
  13. Saami Loyal Player

Just add rankings and pvp will be populated once again. I think i said in old forum back in 2011 that pvp will die, if there is no reason to do it. I got answered "people will pvp, because of pvp itself". Yeah, it doesnt work like that in real life. There is not even new feats.
  14. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

The core problem with pvp is the spam, which can easily be reduced by decreasing the amount of power/power regeneration that the super powered spec has within pvp instances. Implementing this would put pvp in a better place immediately
    • Like x 1
  15. Iroonmongoose Level 30

calling it now this thread will be closed when i get off woek.
  16. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

I qoute you and make the thread even more relevant "They've been pretty clear on this for a long time"

Now is the time for answers
    • Like x 1
  17. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Funny how you say that when even in this thread there is someone saying it's been broken since 2014.

Goes to show people still can't agree with how PvP was done.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Um... Stats revamp didn't kill PvP, that happened in 2015/16, when they were actually going to work on it. Something happened specifically (lets say there was no agreement and leave it at that) and the devs halted all development changes. It hasn't been touched since.

Rifle abuse has been a thing for a very long time. Heck, Two-Face was a go to for legends because of it. Before that it was One Handed (Joker). Before that it was Dual Wield (Nightwing). And of course, there were bumps where the HB/MA hybrid for the bat family were the go to, because of something specific that they could achieve while doing it.

With Arenas, there were a lot of things that resulted in it being absolutely unplayable WAY before stats revamp. AM's, whirling dervish, light spasm clipping, last laugh gear, trinkets and mods, making it like legends, making gear have all stats thus making tanks and healers ridiculously OP, removing the RPS role system, ranking system for queues, etc.

ALL of these were changed or implemented WAY before the stats revamp update. The only thing that stats revamp update do, is really break all the Legends characters and their powers because of the standardization of powers and nerf their weapons. (Which indirectly made LPvE worse.) Stats revamp didn't change much for Arena and it's foolish to think otherwise. If anything, it helped by removing Advanced Mechanics.
  19. BƖack Dedicated Player

And here we go, the thread was moved in to a dead forum section [IMG]
  20. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

I'm calling it now they move the thread to where most people dare not go! Sucks to be you bro!