Forums less active nowadays?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BƖack, Oct 10, 2020.

1. BumblingB I got better.

I took a couple of long breaks and that included the forums. I do notice a massive difference between when I was last active and now. I think the players that were also active on the forums might be taking a break too. And the new breed of players just don't come to the forums. Most likely a mentality that stems from how they do their social media. Forums have started to become more obsolete, even in gaming and more companies are using social media to share information.

Also, the USPC/PS population is fine and I have seen players come back. Like me, they haven't played in a long time and decided to try again. The cr skip helped too.
    • Like x 2
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

That website says that they estimate there are 311k total players or subscribers. I know further down it specifies them as subscribers, but...I dunno, I wouldn't take that as gospel. As willflynne mentioned nobody knows for sure how many subscribers there are except Dimensional Ink and Daybreak. Steam, again as willflynne mentioned, is not an accurate measurement. I play on PC, but not through Steam. In fact very little of my friends who play on PC play through Steam. That is anecdotal evidence on my end of course though.
    • Like x 2
  3. Earth742 Well-Known Player

https://gamstat.com/games/DC_Universe_Online/ tracks PS3 (5.5M) & PS4 (11.7M) memberships, Steam only tracks Steam memberships to DCUO, so i think the data i was referencing with https://mmo-population.com/r/dcuonline, is Daybreak Memberships directly thru DBG, which would be the PC users.

i don't bother with reddit, and Steam is Steam, so i didn't chk it as i don't use Steam for DCUO.
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

I used to check the forum daily always something new, but i can check in every few days and page one doesn't move much nowadays. What is there to say?
    • Like x 3
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Its because people are tired of giving feedback and getting banned for it, having their thread locked because its deemed not constructive, or any other BS reason the uppers dislike certain feedback on certain things.
    • Like x 1
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Dang.... been seeing threads like this one for 8 years. Heck even 10 years since I heard these kind of comments even before I started playing DCUO.... heck even before DCUO was first released. ;)

Even if this represents the PC users accurately.... they only represent a small fraction of DCUO players.
    The Lion's Share of players is on PS4.
    Not to mention Xbox and Switch users.

Did not realise we had reached this time of the year where DCUO is Dead?
    Time to dig out my video about it. ;)
    • Like x 2
  7. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I cannot speak for everyone but from the people I do know personally thier reason usually fell in line with (lack of PvP fixes or updates), (Not fixing or reviewing certain powers at the speed they would like), and last but not least, (they feel like they are unheard and most posts are repeats of each other so it's no point in making them over and over again.)

Again, this does not speak for everyone on here just the people I know.
  8. BƖack Dedicated Player

I also noticed that too
  9. FutureSoldier Active Player

Forums are dying, compare the posts that are being made now to the posts that were being made throughout 2013-2017 , all of the PVP community stopped posting threads because our opinions are not being heard and have been getting ignored for the past 4 years.
    • Like x 2
  10. BƖack Dedicated Player

I agree [IMG]
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I don't bother with the forums anymore because it's all the same. And this is coming from me whom I've probably spent just as much of my time/if not more time than on the game.

"Buff this, nerf that."

"Can we get X feature from X mmo?"

"Can I get unlimited cash as a premium even though the devs'll say no?"

"Blue lantern powers bro."

"I need mah stat-clamping for these guys who haven't probably made it to tier 2, these veterans are ruining the game for these new guys, etc, etc."

PVP threads that'll never bare fruit.

And then there's the like 5% of threads that have people complaining about progression, the bosses, or something else in the new content.

That's not to say the threads don't serve a purpose or to say I'm superior to somebody because I've made a lot of those threads, and for the most part.... They either get derailed, ignored, or necro'd.

Again, I'm not superior to any of y'all. I'm sure those who've followed my 5k posts on here'll recount my involvements of being in discussions that ended up being the straw that broke the camel(the thread)'s back .

I'm just stating my two cents here; after a while of the same old same old; I don't really feel like bothering with the forums when I could either be playing the game or just... generally doing anything else.
    • Like x 3
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This isn't accurate at all. There are no PS3 players, that was cut off over a year ago.
    • Like x 2
  13. Earth742 Well-Known Player

Probably PS3 when it peaked, before getting pulled. As it shows 0 growth for PS3.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Oh I see.
  15. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I dont think the forums are less active and if they are who cares... i think whats more important is that someone steps up and fills the wholes left by the people who covered dcuo news that have moved on. Lets be real the reveal streams are nowhere as good as tors videos... man i miss that dude

He recently updated as to why he left in the comment section of his most recent video.. ive never played on test server, but from my understanding as to what he said that on test you have to grind out collections and other things? I kinda thought it was all given to you on test n you ran the missions to make sure there werent bugs
  16. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Yes, traffic on these boards seems down to me.

But traffic across ALL video game message boards seems down to me as well (yes, I actually do play/follow other games ;) ). I think the kids are using their Faceholes and Tweeters and whatnot to chat about their games these days...
    • Like x 5
  17. BumblingB I got better.

My thoughts exactly. The developers are also using them as the sole platform, like Reddit. I think message boards are going the way of the dinosaurs.

It doesn't help we have less interactions from the devs, too. I miss that kind of dynamic, good or bad, it gave energy to the forums.
    • Like x 4
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Like anything else, activity here is more when there's 1) a big problem, or 2) something new happening. This is the DLC lull, and we haven't had a major revamp or brand new system in a little bit. And as mentioned, gamers are branching out to other ways to communicate with us and each other as time goes by.

That said, a *very general* rule of thumb is that MMOs launch and quickly spike to their maximum populations, then lose about 10% of their player base per year. Usually MMOs will hit a plateau with age where they don't really gain more players and also don't really lose anyone, and where veteran players rotate in and out regularly. So you would expect there to be less discussion as there are less players and less to talk about.

That rule of thumb doesn't describe DCUO at all. We have several times spiked to new maximum populations, have had more growth years than not, and continually see a huge influx in new players every year. We have continued to update, revamp, and add systems and content, which routinely gets players excited-talking or angry-talking. I would expect us, at the very least, to stay top-notch in generating angry-talking as the years go by!
    • Like x 24
  19. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Given the influx in new players, have you considered revamping matchmaking or LFG? I want to start a new character on console but old content seems to be left in the dust and hard to queue in for.

DCUO's old content is phenomenal and I don't think that new players should lose an opportunity to experience it.
    • Like x 6
  20. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

Bruh where are the imaginary revamps you speak of game still looks a PS2 Game lol, here I'll tell what you guys need for the game to survive in the 2020 era, 1 Graphics overhaul no brainer here, 2 updated animations to many powers do the same thing and brawling needs to be changed to boxing, 3 new body types shocking right, 4 new personality's, i guarantee you the game will blow up.