Bonus Catalysts & Teekl Buckets!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 7, 2020.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Is it just Crypt, or is it God Sphere too?
  2. inferno Loyal Player

This bonus week would be even better if they added seals as a drop.
  3. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah it happened in FGSr for me too. We had to roll for Boon of Apollo. Not sure if that was the extra catalyst or the regular drop though because I got a Quantum Energy regardless? Not sure if that's how devs intended that we need to roll for bonus catalysts now but hopefully someone brings it up to them.
  4. MiLady Well-Known Player

Rolling for the last catalyst is B.S. If its going to be a bonus week, then give all players in the instance the bonus, not have the players do Need/Greed.
    • Like x 2
  5. Chucklezz New Player

Woo! I got the Teekl base item in my bonus Teekl Buckets!
    • Like x 1
  6. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I’ve got extra from last year and I’m lucky if I can fill one in an hour this year! Last year the candy dropped more often for sure! I’ve tried hitting enemies everywhere at all different levels and all I get is candy on the first hit in a new area and then nothing but Nth Metal and trash drops. And if I do get any more candy from the same area it’s not until 20 minutes later! It’s ridiculous, and it’s not fun. The drop rate should be upped.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Seriously...it's every 10 minutes, it was 10 min last year. I run it on 8 accounts and have farmed it the previous 2 years at one point or another using a stopwatch. Sit somewhere you can just spawn camp adds and just swing the heavy throw or whatever range power you have. If you are not getting it every 10-11 minutes (depends on when the actual 'kill' hits), something is wrong for sure. If you are doing something like the bounties in WV, your mileage may vary as you can spend 5 min just waiting and if you are not going after adds in between, it can throw off the timing as you might spend another 3-4 min just killing the boss...who might be the only kill you register. And it only counts for your kills...not group kills. If you don't make contact with someone, and someone else kills them, it doesn't help you.

Not saying you need to camp on it, but if you want to check...spend 11 min bombing weak adds. It should drop around the 10-11 min mark whether you are constant killing or just fire off one shot every 10-11 min. Now...could the drop rate be upped or the candies doubled? Sure, especially with double buckets,....this year I will not be able to use all my buckets, mainly because I'm out of town this weekend and won't be able to do any heavy farming while doing nothing else productive....like my 'watching TV' example above.

Good luck, but it's a timed thing...so it should be timed the same for everyone. It doesn't matter where you are or what you are doing as long as you are 'active' attacking and knocking things out when the timer hits. You are either the exception or it is just how you are perceiving it.

It also helps to work around getting the crits. If you drop in 150 of the candies, and get a crit, you just wasted 25 or 50 candies toward another bucket...splitting them takes a second, but can save you 10-20 min a day if you do it optimally. Only ever drop in a stack of 100 (either 2x a 50 one or 4x the 25 one), and shoot for the crits.
  8. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Why do we have need/greed roll for the bonus catalyst.. it should given 1 per to each player.
    • Like x 3
  9. Earth742 Well-Known Player

So Far, the candies have been dropping pretty good, and i have been getting enough to use the buckets as i go, but i barely made a dent in previous years' leftover buckets.
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Still no word on having to roll for bonus catalysts? The worst part is, I’m not even surprised.
    • Like x 1
  11. Captain Wonder Active Player

Should have events all month long
    • Like x 1