When you complete your dailies for the day, what do you do?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Hey everyone. Haven't played DCUO since the Metal Part 1 episode dropped and it was largely due to boredome. I felt that there wasn't much I could do beyond the dailies. PvP wasn't much of an option and I'm not sure things changed much from that front. Episode 39 is one that I've been wanting for a while which is why I'm thinking of trying the game again.

Are there missions in older episodes that are relevant for you to do? Has a new game mode been introduced? Or do you just log for the day after completing the daily content?
    • Like x 1
  2. Eve YouTuber

Usually I go work on my alts, or go to the broker to check for base items and starts decorating. Or if I have time I work on a new video\guide for the Gazette. But that's just me. I run old content when I'm really bored, but even now I slack on my dailies and just wait for new content.
    • Like x 1
  3. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Thanks for responding!

How are the queue times for older content? Particularly raids and alerts? Also if you don't mind, could you explain how open episodes are working now? Is it occassional or like a continous thing? And is everything in event style or just the most recent episodes?
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Birds of Prey and wonderverse is your current DLC', meaning if your CR316 as I am you will only get source mark from those 2 DLC. But to answer your question, I usually help friends run their content after I've done mine, run old content for source mark and prestige.

It's pretty much how it was when you last played, very limited on what to do and what you get source mark from. This DLC is different it has tired people such as myself out, 475 kills of the bounties just for all bounty feats, the gen mods, elite gear, them when I was just re-grouping the extra items hit. Had to farm even more.

No complaints here as I wanted items just for aethers more than items just for splinter coins. But we're still due another round of extra items and I'm exhausted already.
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Open episodes have been going awhile now, and the current DLC is the only DLC that has event versions of its content
    • Like x 1
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Oh and queue times can differ, depending on time, server. I've had some things pop quick but others I've had to build groups for to get into it.
    • Like x 2
  7. Eve YouTuber

From what I understood the Devs think it will continue to be open episodes and not just an event but there wasn't any confirmation on it.
    Old content is always hard to get into, so lfg is your best bet or a league. Only Wonderverse has event mode right now, the others had a limited time event when they were new, but now It's Wonderverse. BoP and I think Metal II and I people still play and queue up for.
    I think old elites like Olympus E, ZooE, PanoE etc people queue to still.

You basically can queue into everything and walk into everything (but you have to be the required Combat Rating still, and - you will have longer loot lock timer because of not owning content\membership).

Hope it helps.
    • Like x 2
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

This did help! Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Often times, just log out.

On the Switch, I've looked around at feats, but a lot of them require a lot of marks for vendor styles or groups, which is rarely seen.
    • Like x 2
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Well it's good to see that at least two episodes at a time are relevant. Still not sure if that's enough for me to not get bored but I might just reinstall the game and see if I enjoy it.
  11. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Hmm. My schedule in college is really weird right now but I have a couple of days where I can just relax and really dive into a game or something. I'm the type of person who likes to play a single game and stay in it for like 5 hours. I guess I just wish more content was relevant at one time. When I was my most active, which was probably in 2015 or 2016, I completed all my PvE stuff and then just PvPed for the remainder. Unfortunately PvP just isn't where it was but it seems like the PvE upgraded quite a bit.

Also, I heard that the population on the Switch was basically nonexistent. How are the queue times there?
  12. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Decorating bases or just log out.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I am too, I have stuff I can catch up with on my pc account. A lot of it I'll just wait to do with league. Relevancy needs to be reworked.
    About the same as you imagine, very long if it pops at all. Depending on time period, the event or stabilizer can also take a while to pop.
    • Like x 1
  14. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

When I'm done with dailys on my character's including alerts I just log out and play something else and come back later to help league mates or friends etc.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I have 3 mains, when I finish my dailies I log off and play Skyrim.
    • Like x 2
  16. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Do you any thoughts on how relevancy should be reworked? And it's a shame to hear that about the switch. As far as I know, DCUO is the only MMO even available on that platform.
  17. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I think it's super dope that people still play Skyrim. I'm actually playing Elder Scrolls Online. I'm enjoying the game but I miss the ambiance of DCUO which is why I'm back here. Playing in a DC universe map is just a different feeling for me.

Unfortunately I'm also not the type to have multiple characters. I honestly just like having a single character.
    • Like x 1
  18. myandria Item Storage

Well, for me, I work on my lower level alts, do some lair/league base decorating and work on feats that I can solo, since much of the older content is rarely played. I also do a inventory clean up at least a couple times a week and put unwanted/unneeded items on the broker for cheap ($1-500k for most items). So, if you see a basic aura for $1 or a time capsule collection piece for 200k or less, then it is most likely me getting rid of stuff. My hoarding habit can fill my inventory/bank spaces very quickly.:eek::D!
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I would argue 3 episodes at a time are relevant in that other than the 2 mentioned, if u run thanagarian content it still gives episode specific marks. If u bank this up, when it goes obsolete u can exchange them for source marks.
    So really, in a way, 3 episodes at any time are relevant
    • Like x 1
  20. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

Feat hunt even tho artifacts > feats.