Bonus Catalysts & Teekl Buckets!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

BONUS CATALYST WEEK!

Jump into the last few years of content, and walk away with bonus catalysts!

This week – from Thursday, October 8, 2020, through Wednesday, October 14, 2020 – Artifact catalysts will have a chance to drop in instanced (On Duty) content in Episodes 31-38 (Deluge, Teen Titans: Judas Contract, Atlantis, Justice League Dark, Metal Part I, Metal Part II, Birds of Prey, and Wonderverse). Additionally, Augment catalysts will have a chance to drop in instanced content from Episodes 34-38.

Catalysts are used for Artifact and Augment Breakthrough Ranks.

[IMG]

BONUS TEEKL BUCKETS!

Happy October. All players receive Teekl Buckets each day during the Witching Hour event, but this week, that's doubled to six! Get your trick or treating started early. Look for your Teekl Buckets in your grants window every day.

This week – from Thursday, October 8, 2020, through Wednesday, October 14, 2020 – an extra three Teekl Buckets will be delivered each day!

PLEASE NOTE: The bonus week will begin this Thursday with daily server restarts, and will last through Wednesday to daily server restarts next Thursday morning. Players must log in daily to claim their Teekl Buckets.
    • Like x 13
  2. Eddy New Player

No seal of completion this time? Hopefully this is setting up a double artifact xp week
    • Like x 1
  3. Sprout Robinson Active Player

Excellent, thanks!
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Dang, I was hoping the open world quests would have catalysts too. :( Guess I'm only getting 1-2 this week on my switch. Eh, at least I don't have to buy those that do drop.

Switch and instances are not as easy to do outside of solos and duos. lol
    • Like x 3
  5. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Boooooo........lol! :p
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

But I have over a dozen buckets sitting in my bank since last year and so few only because I threw out several dozen for lack of room or point. Every year, buckets drop like mad. It's the candy that needs to drop, not buckets.

Or is my experience unusual? (The buckets below are from last year; I haven't been playing the past week.)

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. xtrahigh Active Player

i have to much candy and not enough buckets, lol
    • Like x 4
  8. ALB Dedicated Player

Imo, this is the worse bonus week. RNG in DC is horrible, and "tge chance to get <insert item> is a terrible idea. Leave RNG out 9f bonus weeks
  9. thedemonocus Loyal Player

A bonus week is just that,a bonus week you don't have to love every bonus week and not every bonus week is going to be for you but it will be relevant to someone else. For me this is going to be a great bonus week.
    • Like x 2
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

So, does this mean extra New Genesis Seeds and Skylands?
    • Like x 1
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No. It's Artifact and Augment catalysts.
    • Like x 1
  12. Walvine Well-Known Player

So that means between 126 large -252 small sweets/candy must eaten this week to stop inventory from being full of baskets this week oomph I3elch!.
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The bonus augment catalysts are group loot that we have to roll need/greed on. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that’s not intended. It might also only be happening in Wonderverse because of the slightly different reward structure, I can’t be bothered to go run earlier episodes to check.
    • Like x 1
  14. L T Devoted Player

That's actually a good point.

On the other hand, I can always use catalysts. There will inevitably be new artifacts coming, and I will probably want at least one of them, and the Boon of Apollo hasn't really been dropping for me very well.

On the other other hand, what I really need are Sparks, and if I'm reading the announcement OP catalysts are not included-- which is profoundly sucky.
    • Like x 2
  15. Casey Jaymz Active Player

The point of progressing in a game is not to go backwards unless for feats/items but other then that we don't need bonus augment catalysts from earlier episodes & many are either close or done with Wonderverse augs so there'll be alot that's not getting touched but thx for the extra buckets
  16. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

There are feats for leveling older Augments.
  17. RahRah Active Player

It must be your experience. Every year, I have more candy than I know what to do with. Maybe you don't play much daily to get enough, but the small candy drops a lot (and it doesn't matter what candy you put in the bucket, the stuff you get is the same). Last year I had so much candy near the end of the event, I spent the last few days running the content with all toons - at the time probably 10+ of them - and bought 5 buckets on each daily, giving the buckets to one toon I wanted all 4 boos on... I opened a ton of buckets over those days, and still had quite a bit of candy left lol
    • Like x 2
  18. RahRah Active Player

Yeah, it is sucky. I still need 8 Skyland's for my OP helm (the only things I need), and I haven't had one drop in SIX weeks running the raid on 5 toons!! Ridiculous. Just luck of the draw, I guess. Personally, I think it shouldn't have been RNG for those. They should have been guaranteed drops, especially as it's only one raid. I'm not someone that makes tons of cash (well, I do okay, it's just I spend as fast as I make), so I couldn't buy them outright. I'm now saving for them because I've obviously got really bad luck and won't get them in drops. When I last checked, I had about 270mil.. So not too far off. I just hate buying catalysts off the broker, I prefer earning them, but in this case I'm kind of forced to do it.
    • Like x 2
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nope....buckets are easy...candy is hard for sure. The candy drops every 10 min you are hitting something (well drops on the 10s...assuming you hit something at that point) so 20-30 min per bucket (depending on your mix of drops) and if you get a lucky crit. That's 60-90 min a day for 3, 120-180 min for 6 (approx due to crits). Big thing...just like farming Nth... never be doing 'nothing' damage wise. If you are decorating or playing dress up or just waiting in a queue, every 10 min, pop into a solo or step outside and get 1 kill to get more candy(exo farming might also count). Also, if filling buckets, drop in 4 of the 25s or 2 of the 50s before adding more. The crit on 100 will give you an extra 25, saving you at least 1 piece of candy on that bucket. It adds up. If I'm farming candy, I'll sometimes just park it outside East end PD where the braniacs spawn, hide in the alleyway and watch TV with the remote on my lap(yeah, KB/mouse finally has a disadvantage). If it vibrates or I get to 10 min, I'll start throwing an AOE, pop my Seahorse/henchmen and just throw some shots blindly (generally till I get the remote to vibrate then stop again). I won't even look at the screen...just keep watching TV. Last year I sat by the fire pit and drank and just picked up the remote every 10 min to throw some shots in between taking shots. Nerdy, but yeah...I hate the empty buckets and have a hard time deleting them myself...so I fill them all.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ekart Committed Player

Did Crypt of Penthesilea and we needed to roll for the extra catalyst. No tnx for such bonus Weekend.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2