Picking a side

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Innerknightmare, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Innerknightmare New Player

Just wondering what side if more active or if both are equally as active,
    • Like x 1
  2. spikeat Well-Known Player

Create both a villain and a hero. Then log on each toon at different time of the day and day of the week. Spend about 5 min looking at LFG/Trade chat, then switch side to observe LFG/Trade chat for another 5 min.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Hero side is more populated. I saved you 10+ minutes of staring at LFG.
    • Like x 3
  4. Eve YouTuber

Depends on which server you play on? on EU, definitely go to heroes side. Even though Villain population grew abit but not enough.
    on US, I can say the Villain side is fairly active and the Unicorns of Love always looking for more villains to snag! :D
  5. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i have villains and heros and i can tell you for sure the hero side is more active
    • Like x 2
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Quality over quantity baby
    • Like x 3
  7. Brit Loyal Player

Functionally, there is very little difference. The 4-30 leveling missions have some deviation (though even with them, several are the same). Post 30, you will have a very, very small number of unique bits of content, and it gets entirely phased out very quickly in favor of Heroes and Villains running the exact same thing.

Additionally, the Task Force X function allows Heroes and Villains to merge teams in the random queue, so even group-building is not incredibly different.

Purely in terms of convenience sake, the majority of the players are on heroside, so when you're talking about the odd exceptions like the Wonderverse World Bosses, it pays to be a hero since it's much easier to get a group there. But otherwise, it really doesn't matter.
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Hero side may have quantity but villains have quality
    • Like x 1
  9. Brit Loyal Player

It's just a shame that it's not Quality that's required to down the World Bosses.
    • Like x 3
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Nope just decent/good burn, which a phase of around 50 hero's seem to fail on murk, ares, and athena, but 20 villains can do it in less then 1.5 minutes. Says slot to me.
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I've seen the opposite. It's amusing how people try to say there is more quality on villain side, everyone's experience varies. I've had some terrible experiences on both sides.

Tbh, the us pc/ps server's villain side is doing well in population to be successful. So if op is on that server, then it doesn't matter.
    • Like x 6
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

My experience is a 1:3 ratio
    Obviously it will be player dependant but seems to be fairly reliable in them open world bosses that it takes roughly 3 heroes to accomplish what 1 villan can.
  13. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I might well be wrong, but it's my impression that the villain side, for the most part, is populated by the type of players who work on their characters ( older, more seasoned gamers type ), whereas you tend to see a lot more of the CR-skip, run straight to the end game type players ( kids ) on the hero side. I mean, obviously, there's exceptions to the rules on both sides, but in general I think that's it. kids tend to want to play heroes, not villains.
    • Like x 2
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

That is exactly why i think i find it pretty consistent. I have made 2 heroes just to see what its like “in the circle” as well rather than just being and outside observer and i found that to be the case, i noticed that on heroes side, the best/smoothest runs had villans in there and above all i found it almost impossible to get any sort of help. Villan side while much less n numbers have in my experience also been much more helpful to each other.
    • Like x 1
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not if you're trying to get something done and your request on LFG remains on the same spot on the chat box for 30minutes+.
    • Like x 2
  16. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Only time that's happened is 30 minutes before shutdown (9am for me) or immediately after.
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Exactly is what my last post was saying
    • Like x 1
  18. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Oh trust me theres trash on both ends that I will agree with
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

My villain is female and I, early on in my game, was stalked to the point I didn't play her for a year. So yeah, trash.

But again as far as quality goes, I think if you have a league to work with you will have a good experience, but if you try to pug a lot, there are obvious cliques. Though it lessened after the PS crossplayed with us. This happened because the villain population jumped to how pc hero side was.
    • Like x 1
  20. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I mean I technically do have a league, but theres only 4 of us, it's my 3 friends I've famed with in DC and other games for probably the past 7 or 8 years, with alts tossed in too ofc.

But we dont recruit and we enjoy our time in voice chat, because theres just the 4 of us vs a random variable that could be toxic or whatever that causes any given 1 of us not to enjoy the game we've been playing for nearly 10 years.
    • Like x 1