Most realistic tutorial yet?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So I made a new account for 'reasons'...Since it was new-new I actually had to run the tutorial..something I haven't done for a pretty long time. The dang wife and kids demanded my attention...yeah...I know. And I stepped away just as I was coming to the first adds. I came back just short of being logged out and lo and behold, Supes had cleared all the hallways for about 1/4 the map. He had stopped at a point where I think it was waiting on me to trip a video clip...so I did that, then waited. Yep...Supes killed all them too then continued up the hall, finally stopping at another point where I needed to trip a trigger to get more adds to show up. As they dropped on my head I had to fight, but I let supes continue on. He again had to stop in the room where all the bots are and Green Arrow and another join the fight. I stepped out and they cleared the room again as well as the following hallway. Finally settling at the last boss room where I had to do most of the work on Brainiac cause WW/Bats/Supes were busy with adds they apparently can't kill.

So...FINALLY the most powerful guy in the DC universe actually helped ME escape the ship...not the other way around. Took a bit longer...I learned nothing about the game other than pew-pew-pew and 'let someone else do the work'....so yeah....pretty accurate tutorial now. Grabbed my 255 skip and READY FOR JLD ELITE!!

More sarcastic than ironic....but...
    • Like x 2
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

This isnt a good thing though, this is less and less people have to learn in a tutorial which defeats calling a tutorial
    • Like x 1
  3. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Which I'm sure that's what you were going for
    • Like x 2
  4. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I remember when they moved the tunnel down to floor level in the room where you meet your first Overseer, because people were too stupid to work out which way "up" was, & did away with the block / counter / lunge mechanics bit, because, you know, learning how to hold down one chuffing button was hard. I ran the re-jigged tutorial once, back when they first re-jigged it, &, yeah, for all the good it was you might just as well have had a little video explaining how you got off the ship & jumped straight to your first safehouse / pd. I don't know. some people, 'ey?
  5. inferno Loyal Player

Soo, in other words you got "carried" in a tutorial. Lol.

JK. I actually experienced this but mine was stopping at the end of the hallways. Guess I got the lazy version of Supes then.
    • Like x 2
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

His back was hurting from carry you through the hallway, he had to take a 5 minute break
    • Like x 2
  7. Critical Massacre Committed Player

Yeah I think the tutorial is more story introduction and character introduction than actual tutorial now. This game has no love for new players learning to play it. I really think they should change the whole initial game to more of a tutorial. Like having to use your alternate role to support some npcs on a mission and a section of precision fights to better prepare you for later content. And maybe even a hero that acts like Paperclip saying “are you aware you are in a healer role but using dps power?”
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah...this toon was a 'sprite' body type, so maybe it was easier for him to carry.:p