Not A Bug Lernaea's Amulet Rank 80 broke on gadgets stealth

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by KN1TE, Oct 1, 2020.

1. KN1TE Dedicated Player

On a gadgets alt, just hitting stealth no other powers, the artifact kicks you out of stealth right away after going into it. I'm unable to hit any powers in stealth at all. Renders stealth useless.
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is how stealth works. The workaround is a white Hand mod called "Improved stealth" wich gives you a shield that exceeds the damage stealth deals to you while using Lerneas Amulet.
  3. KN1TE Dedicated Player

So they made it intentionally to make players buy white mods then. Also it punishes a power set from using max damage in the hand mod and possibly being less competitive.
    This is disgracefully intended?! This is not working fairly then. Glad I tested it on a villian alt. I won't be playing that toon now for sure. SHM. Fail.

Appreciate the confirmation of what I figured.
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The mod is basically free (must own Home Turf episode - wich is free atm)
    Also, the damage increase for not getting interrupted in instances exceeds the 2% by far.
    Thats one of those sparrig target -> instance conversion myths. If you play with stealth i would always recommend improved stealth hand mod over max damage since even a "1" dmg hit can knock you out of it - even without Lerneas amulet.
  5. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Not quite true. To have access to tactical mods you need Lair System. But Lair System isn't a part of episodes, it was separated from Home Turf a long time ago.
    • Like x 4
  6. KN1TE Dedicated Player

I have a gadgets main, DARKN1TE, he has the mods, however I don't need to use improved stealth. I don't get knocked out of stealth on that toon as I can do the rotation without getting knocked out and have tested it. I get better gains with max damage. It is risks vs reward. I'm not using Amulet on this toon. But was considering. Glad I tested it on another alt. I won't be changing.

I confirmed on another gadget toon, without mods, it's unfair to make this artifact only work with improved stealth. It pigeonholed your options. 1. you must have white mods. Free to Play are screwed. 2. Must have improved stealth hand mod. No other option if you use empowered channeling or max damage you lose those options. 200 SA artifact empowered channeling broke. So that's another issue.

I'm saying that's a bad way to develop an artifact and is not fair, it's picking on a power.
  7. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Yes and you can't purchase it with loyalty points either. MP cash purchase only.
  8. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Open episodes don't give you free tactical mods. That's subscription members only. It has to be purchased in Marketplace separately or with subscription.
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hmm didnt know Lair system is excluded from Home Turf. Time to change that.

*pokes Mepps*
  10. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Yeah why they changed it is suspect to making more money? It's grandfathered to old purchases. Had a leaguemate that came back for free episodes, didn't have white mods. They purchased home turf episodes with loyalty points. It didn't come with it. She put in a ticket and they said she had to buy with real cash the lair system. They also would not refund her loyalty points even though when she googled it, it showed the mods in the episodes. So she said same old DC... and quit. This from a long time subscription player. She won't be subscribing again. Too many things are too deceptive.