DCUO Announces Next Episode: Long Live The Legion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Controller Devoted Player

I hope they introduce Mordru as a Raid Boss.

Took the entire JLU to defeat him in the series - and his Magics were powerful enough to merge Batman and Superman into one being, with Wonder Woman's voice LOL.............

[IMG]

I think it would not do him justice to leave him as a World Boss.
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

I believe smallville was used in Earth 3 DLC with the visitor duo.
    • Like x 4
  3. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

Any chance we can get a classic version of the legion .. mostly for wildfire but any way its nice to get something not wonder woman or batman related
    • Like x 4
  4. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Only if they do tyroc justice and give him all of his powers and not just a sonic scream. He has an effect for different types of shouts that make him a lot more verstile than Canary and Banshee.

As for a quartet? Black Bolt and Tyroc are going to obviously be the lead screamers trying to prove who is better. Canary is the mature one. Banshee is there for the fun.
    • Like x 2
  5. Controller Devoted Player

Agree with this.

I also think Black Bolt is going to be the Bruiser in this quartet - able to handle Crowd Control at their concerts on a MASSIVE scale....

Just read yesterday that dude can press 60 tons. I knew he was strong but not THAT strong. He also has a measure of invulnerability.

Hulk is rated at 100 tons, normal emotion level.

Black Bolt is NO joke.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You're entirely correct, although I must note that only a small portion of the map was used.

But that's why the word "almost" was in "It's almost never been re-used before."
    • Like x 2
  7. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Yea Black Bolt is pretty op. It boggles my mind when their are comic fans who don't read DC because all the super heroes are gods pretty much and Marvel has people like Black Bolt who can wreck cities with whispers lol.
    • Like x 1
  8. Controller Devoted Player

EDIT - Thinking this over a bit more I believe I'm wrong.

He could very well be a World Boss, a Hydra-Level type boss.

If they introduce The Fatal Five I'd make perhaps Emerald Empress a Final boss in the raid along with her goons but make Mordru a World Boss, definitely.
    • Like x 3
  9. L T Devoted Player

I could see it going either way.

He was certainly underwhelming in justice league dark though.
    • Like x 5
  10. zNot Loyal Player

Which dev will or has worked on the Elite raid or raids (incase we get 2) for the upcoming Dlc?
  11. zNot Loyal Player

Same like most Of the Elite Raid bosses they have released so far... i hope this will change from now on and that we get bosses in Elite which actually hit hard so they to are a constant threat to the Tank...
  12. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIInally.
    This is an amazing game but it would be nuttin without the legion of super heroes or villains.
    Please don't forget something Inspired by Saturn Girl AND their iconic ring style and Legion belt that they all wear.
    I wish we get some new super powers news soon as well.
    • Like x 3
  13. Dark warlorck Active Player

So the meanest wizard of all, Mordru survived? The last time he saw him he was devoured by his own pet. Ultimately the rumors about the immortality of a chaos lord are true. As Mordru says, it will exist even after the end of the universe.
    • Like x 4
  14. L T Devoted Player

Sadly, I don't think we're in store for any new powers any time soon.

Still... a Legion episode would be an excellent opportunity to introduce Darkness powers...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the potential is staggering. All the possibilities.

if we're going to be focusing solely on the first three it would be fun to have multi dimensional versions of them in content. Visit the silver age and smallville. Its been done in the comics, its been done in game with the council of Batmen and Luthors. Would be a nightmare ton of work with silver age, cocrum/grell costume designs, the 80's up to more recent times). I would love some sort of "Legion try out" instance be it a solo, duo, alert or raid where you compete for a spot in the Legion. Star Boy Material. Cosmic Chromas. All the slim line and emblem possibilities. The Legion of Super Pets. In fact I want a Legion of Super Pets DLC. And a Legion of Substitue Heroes DLC. And Spider Girl. Ultra Boys 2995 tattoo. What would be fun is a mechanic where we each have to turn on our force field belts or get one shotted.

!@#$ing Validus. He better be good.

Happiest I've been with a content announcement since before the you know what.
    • Like x 3
  16. Dark warlorck Active Player

[IMG] I remember when Mordru faced off against the Legion of Super Heroes, he always manifested with the appearance of an old wizard. The amazing thing is that he seemed a lot stronger than when he went for a younger appearance. I imagine that we will see him again in the game with the aspect of an old man, his also reminds me of an episode of justice league unlimited where Mordru it was returned to earth to destroy the world, all the super heroes of the planet! 'had fought but none were matched against him, it is ultimately Booster Gold that saves the day by traveling through time. As an artifact the Ruby of Chaos or the Eye of Ekron should be included.
    • Like x 2
  17. Earth742 Well-Known Player

i was debating which of 3 characters would get the CR255 boost then it hit me; B6 Supergirll, as she is a daughter of Kara Zor-El & Brainiac 5...

Unrelated side note, the Starfleet Combadge on Mordru's belt buckle has me wondering about his secret origin...
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Not to mention a Space Canine Patrol Agents Episode.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Can we get Validus in the raids? A very hard hitting Elite boss i think that will match him perfectly this DLC theme as endboss who is very hard to defeat and the strongest out of the villains. I think mordu alone would be boring we already had him, and hes not so strong unless you make him hit hard.. and put him with multiple other villains otherwise it will be a underwhelming elite raid like 90% of the time.
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Mordrus first appearance was epic. That story (featuring superboy, monel, shadow lass and duo damsel going back in time and living like teen agers with self induced amnesia) was heavily reprinted back in the late seventies. terrified me as a little kid.
    • Like x 2