DCUO Announces Next Episode: Long Live The Legion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 30, 2020.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

What, no Quislet? For shame! ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. L T Devoted Player

If you have patience and enthusiasm, I think of Mark Weid's 50 issue run from 2005ish as the definitive Legion narrative.

If you want a quicker introduction Paul Levitz's 16 issue run from 2010 is faster to get through, is great, and features some of the villains in the DLC.
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Please no more world bosses
  4. Isif Committed Player

Who are these "people" and why are they afraid of an update? Costumes are much nicer in the newer of the two. Maybe they should do a classic version to make "people" happy.;)
    • Like x 1
  5. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Haha you forgot the smiley
  6. Controller Devoted Player

Love the new DLC - however they decide to go with it.

My personal choice is the Classic LOSH BUT include an "updated" Tyroc please.

[IMG]

Now if we could ONLY get him, Black Canary, Banshee and Black Bolt to do a quartet together.

"Voices of Destruction"?

"Voices of Doom"?
    • Like x 1
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I've checked out the current Legion series. Not bad. Really just another updated retelling of the legions formative years. Not the first time. Don't think it will be its last.

Any continuity that does not have Princess Projectra as a snake will do.
    • Like x 1
  8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Some of the new ones aren’t too bad, but some just aren’t right. Ultra Boy should be a bigger guy with a red shirt; and Matter Eater Lad should be a more average sized guy (it’s part of the joke with him - he can eat mounds of anything and never gains weight).

Wildfire also needs his original look; they tried to make him look like a strange, skinny alien in the new look.

And Shrinking Violet? Can’t even recognize her with the new look- she’s not supposed to have a snow white mohawk like 80’s X-men Storm!

But, I don’t know how much say the dev team has; DC might be pushing the new looks on them. As it is with Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy and Saturn Girl - the new looks aren’t bad. I especially like Saturn Girl’s new costume and hair.
    • Like x 3
  9. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I am loving the fact the Legion is coming to dcuo but am horrified thinking they will have to go with the Bendis version. He is an absolute horrible writer and seeing him destroy the "new" Legion (since Doomsday Clock basically wiped the classic Legion out) sickens me with every issue. (Should we start the "We want Gold Lantern Powers" thread now or later?)

I can only hope the dev team was using Jacksters treasure trove of comics as research material in an attempt to keep some semblance of Legion lore embedded in the upcoming episode.
    • Like x 1
  10. Perdition Committed Player

I hope it’s gonna be a different setup then the dlc that we have now. I’ll wait and see before before i pass my judgement. But i do can tell
    If its gonna be 1 raid, and then kill X amount of “world bosses” or bounties for feats or getting stuff from a vendor (like elite utility), then it will defo not be for me.

I’m all up for you guys trying different setups. But this current dlc was just a tedious grind.
  11. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

12. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

So another ep where we are stuck doing over and over for gear progression for end game? A new ep is nice and all but there shouldn't be an end game or a gear cap u guys have so much content why glue us to end game. I feel like this game wouldn't lose so many players so fast, if we can find a way to bring gear ranking to life. have no end game so we can run anything instead of the same thing everyday.
    • Like x 1
  13. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Except Cosmic Boy’s hair. I don’t know why but I hate Cosmic Boy’s hair in this current LoS run. Rokk’s hair has got to be one thing I hope we do not see. Lol
  14. darth_paul Dedicated Player

This will be so much better than Wonderverse for me! Time to brush up on my Interlac!
    • Like x 1
  15. inferno Loyal Player

I don't mind if they go for the new designs. It's been a while since I saw the Legion and the changes are a lot. The only thing that will really get to me is the limited styles we will get with the new DLC. I mean, look at that roster and tell me how do you choose only 3 styles to be included in the game. Argh!! That's just pure torture.
    • Like x 1
  16. Krossssss Well-Known Player

Speed Metal would rock episode wise..:cool: [IMG]
  17. inferno Loyal Player

Oh and PLEASE...if we can't get the Old Legion have a Hallway of Statues depicting them at least like that old comic book cover.
  18. L T Devoted Player

I liked the world bosses. But the grind to 100 was really painful.
    • Like x 1
  19. L T Devoted Player

That's funny I hate the new saturn girl look. Legion looks have been through a lot of iterations; I guess it's not that surprising if there isn't really a consensus on what the right look is.
    • Like x 1
  20. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Awesome! Been waiting almost ten years for this!!
    • Like x 1