Integrates When Equipped, some shortcomings

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nawanda, Sep 30, 2020.

1. nawanda Loyal Player

This thread is specifically about trinkets which grant a character a customised orbital strike or supply drop or a combat pet.

It is a shame that there isn’t some code for these items which, when they are equipped on a character, applies an Account Bound flag, rather than Integrated.

For example, when Magic Supply Crystal launched, naturally most people would have veered towards equipping this on their main character. Now that there are multiple and ongoing options, that item is stuck in my main character’s bank when I have another character who didn’t exist at that time that it would suit more. It doesn’t grant any gameplay advantage, it is to all intents and purposes a cosmetic item, so what harm would it do to be able to pass this around characters on my account?

Another example is the Zeus Orbital. Putting the nerf aside, this was a great item when it first came out. So naturally it went on my main character. Years later I have an electricity toon who it would clearly suit but he can’t use it and it’s stuck in my main character’s bank, probably never to be used again. I’m simply not going to spend thousands of qwarks or open dozens of time capsules to obtain a cosmetic for an alt, especially when I’ve already earned it.

Same with the pets. Although there is one pet you can pass around your account, the LexCorp robot, but this is/was a marketplace item and was flagged account bound.

Any support for this idea, can anyone see any drawbacks?
    • Like x 8
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I actually agree, it would be better if these things could be moved around alternatively let us purchase heavily reduced additional copies if we already own it once.
    • Like x 2
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I also agree, they need to expand the account bound option for a significant number of items that drop.
    • Like x 3
  4. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Agreed. I can't see any draw back to this.
    • Like x 2
  5. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

"Puts on her 'Devil's Advocate' hat, takes a look around, sits down and thinks about it for awhile. Takes off her 'Devil's Advocate' hat and shakes her head slowly."

No, I can't see a drawback from this either.
    • Like x 2
  6. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Just make them account bound without integration. They have been "paid" for already. We played, we bought and we paid for them. Let us move them to another character if we want to regardless of if it's been used on another character previously.
    • Like x 2
  7. spikeat Well-Known Player

I still have 2-3 unequipped Zeus Orbital in my bank. Then one day I noticed that dev changed them to non-tradable.
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Technically the magic supply does offer combat advantages, it frees you from control effects. It actually says it in the description.