DCUO Announces Next Episode: Long Live The Legion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 30, 2020.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Looks like they’re going with the current Legion by Bendis; and in that version, Superman’s son Jon is the inspiration for the Legion. Jon is friends with Damian Wayne and had more interaction with the Titans, so that’s probably where it’s coming from.

Regardless, I suspect they’ll be playing up a Superboy prescence with the Titans - whether it be Conner or Jon.
    • Like x 1
  2. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

This is amazing. So excited about this. I especially love that Emerald Empress and Validus will be featured. I'll have to create a villain now.
    First question. Tharok? At least seeing him at some point in the updates of this episode?
    Second question. Persuader's Atomic Axe weapon style?

First comment. This is amazing. I love that we will be going to the future and that we are getting Mordru.
    Second comment. I truly do not know which style I hope we get in this.

Final comment. I hate figuring out temporal grammar, so don't be excited if I complain about how figuring out temporal grammar gives me a headache. lol
    • Like x 4
  3. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Oh, I'm up to date. It makes marginal sense if they use Connor. Less so for Jon. While Jon is in this version of the Legion, he was never in the Titans. Damian brought him along once but that was a one shot guest appearance, as it was before he was aged up by Bendis.
    • Like x 1
  4. MrStoob Well-Known Player

DC content I know nothing about, so it'll ALL be new to me then (apart from the maps, obv. they're never new) :D
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Not to be "that guy," but I have a request. I haven't checked yet to see if it's in test or not, but is there any chance we could ensure it stays on test until most, if not all, bugs and kinks are worked out?

Obviously, going from of/test to live console, there are usually always going to be things that need tweeked and adjusted, but it would be GREAT to not have that many bugs: artifacts not operating correctly, styles not accepting materials etc, improper interactions with npc/enemies, etc.
    It just kinda sucks when a new DLC drops, and you're so excited to play it, but can't finish without serious bumps on the road technologically.

Other than that, I'm glad to see a new DLC coming even before the years finish!
    • Like x 4
  6. tukuan Devoted Player

I think the first power I suggested in year 1 was shadow based on Shady. In later years I pivoted my thinking for to transmutation ala E-Lad.

That said we have a number we can already model , but not-nearly enough. I can only think of 5 that directly map and 2 maybes if you squint a bit.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ascended Well-Known Player

The Legion? Awesome. Couldn't really get into this last Wonder episode and have barely played lately but I do love me some 30th/31st century Legion.

Looking forward to this. And future Metropolis? Awwwwww yeah!
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

My sober, dignified thoughtful, analysis of this decision is that:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

From the bottom of my heart all the way to the rest of it. Pinky-swear.

At long last! Long live the Legion!
    • Like x 4
  9. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

Just in time for the new consoles.
  10. Megzilla Developer

That was def me who said probs not to styles. Sooks' designs offer a little bit more to work with though. :p
    • Like x 4
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

And here I was just thinking last night and today how burnt out on the game I'm feeling and whether it was time to take a long break.

I can't imagine anything more that DCUO could do to turn me and my interest around more than this announcement.
    • Like x 1
  12. Paul StClair New Player

Yes!!!!!!!!!! The classic Legion, please!
    • Like x 1
  13. Engendro Nefasto Well-Known Player

Yes, something like this!!![IMG]
    • Like x 11
  14. Kuno Loyal Player

Can we count on having again 2 different styles like the rest of the episodes, 1 normal 1 for the event? Wonderverse kinda fall short on styles because one of the styles was a retexture.
    Also, would be nice to have the enhanced style for members in reward boxes after completing content back again... I missed those too on Wonderverse.
    Why did the devs took them from us?
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I do really hope that we at least get to see each of the many Legionnaires acknowledged or, best, pictured in some way, in this DLC.

I realize that obviously DCUO couldn't create models for all, unless Meg has been working in secret for a year, given the number of Legionaires, so I certainly don't expect to see more than a few as NPCs, but I hope we can at least get some images, at least, in some way, of as many as possible, or perhaps audio investigation profiling each member.

A great bit would be to construct a tiny environment like the Oblivion Bar -- or find a small currently existing in the game room -- where some immobile NPCs of other members of the Legion could be standing around for us to talk to. Or find some reason to scatter them in the instances.

I realize that it's all done now and that my wish list won't be incorporated, but I do have small hope that perhaps something like any of the above will be included.

But any way about it, wonderful news.

And using Mordru as the big bad is completely the right choice. I'd have been disappointed if it wasn't either him or Time Trapper as the villains.

Wondering if the Fatal Five may make an appearance. It would be awesomesauce to fight the Fatal Five.

Belated edit: Oh, I see we are definitely going to see at least Emerald Empress and Validus.

I can't wait to see how the Emerald Eye differs from Sorcery's Healer eye pet. And then, of course, I'll want an Emerald Eye as a sidekick. Who wouldn't?

I've certainly been as noisy about requesting as noisily and frequently as seemed reasonable and not overstepping or spamming.

Thus my gratitude. Of course, now I'll have to figure out what I want to see after that. :)

Doom Patrol? Stargirl and STRIPE? Buddy Baker, Animal Man? Challengers of the Unknown? Crisis on Infinite Earths? Darkseid versus Trigon? Legion of Super-Pets? Must ponder.

I'll squee like mad if the Legion of Substitutes is acknowledged somewhere in this DLC.
    • Like x 1
  16. FreyDCUO Well-Known Player

I'm willing to bet the Fatal Five could possibly be the open world bounties! Really excited for this episode.
    • Like x 2
  17. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

YEs! I hope we meet mon El! :D
    • Like x 2
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Post Superboy they moved it towards being inspired by "the 20th century heroes" in general, as I recall.

I can see why DCUO/SJ would want to refine that to a small number of specific heroes. But I agree that the best choice would have been to make them Legionaires and skip including the Titans, who we've already had a heavy dose, not that I want to never see them again.

There are any number of possible plotlines that could have included the Legion time traveling in their bubbles, or any of a number of other methods, without needing to make heavy use of non-Legion characters, but I also can see why they would chose to use already existing character models, because it's obvious. So I'll not nitpick and I will forgive this design choice.

http://wmqcomics.com/bonusreading/long-live-the-legion-4-eras-of-the-legion-of-super-heroes/
  19. Proxystar #Perception

They didn't take them they were moved to the aether vendor. That's really what that style is
    • Like x 1
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

In the best of all worlds we'd parallel-world travel to each of the three different Legion incarnations. Four, now, I guess? :) Because you could never have too many Legionnaires!

(Not even mentioning L.E.G.I.O.N. Nope, not mentioning at all.)

(Sorry if this is too many comments. I'm so excited! ;))
    • Like x 1