DCUO Announces Next Episode: Long Live The Legion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

TRAVEL TO THE 31ST CENTURY THIS NOVEMBER IN "LONG LIVE THE LEGION"

DC Universe Online's next episode features the future's bravest team, the Legion of Super-Heroes, and a time-traveling adventure into the 31st Century. The new episode LONG LIVE THE LEGION will launch in November 2020.

[IMG]
    Legion of Super-Heroes #4

NEW EPISODE: LONG LIVE THE LEGION

In the future, the founding members of the Legion of Super-Heroes take inspiration from our present-day heroes to form a new team and face their 31st Century threats. Chief among those threats is their oldest and timeless foe, Mordru!

Having so far failed to defeat this stellar team, Mordru concocts a new plan: use his eldritch-enhanced powers in the 31st Century to destroy history's heroes. His logic? No past, no heroes, no inspiration - no Legion of Super-Heroes.

In LONG LIVE THE LEGION, Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, and Lightning Lad uncover Mordru's plot amidst exploding chaos in 31st Century Metropolis, and then have a clever thought: who better to help protect their past and future Metropolis than the 21st Century heroes themselves?

Players must travel forward in time with the Teen Titans - the Legion's most direct inspiration - to set things right before they and their legacy disappear.

SJ'S TAKE: "Players have been asking for a Legion of Super-Heroes episode for as long as I can remember. Well, the future is now! I'm not sure if I am more excited for 31st Century Metropolis or the new Legion characters. Both bring something completely new to the game." - SJ Mueller, DC Universe Online Creative Director

THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT LONG LIVE THE LEGION:
    • LONG LIVE THE LEGION will offer standard and elite versions of the content, with level-agnostic event versions of the content available free to all players for a limited time.
    • The episode will feature new and returning allies and adversaries, including founding members Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, and Lightning Lad as well as their foes Mordru, Emerald Empress, and Validus.
    • The storyline will include adventures set in the distant future, featuring 31st Century Metropolis, the Legion's HQ, and more.
    • The open-world 31st Century Metropolis will feature improved World Boss encounters, rewards, and mechanics.
    • The episode will launch new player rewards, including gear, artifacts, styles, base items, and feats.

EPISODE 39: LONG LIVE THE LEGION will launch in November 2020 on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

Questions or comments? Join the discussion below!
    • Like x 35
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Cool
    • Like x 2
  3. Eve YouTuber

OMG I just ran out of breath seeing the title. Yesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 8
  4. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Very cool. I've been looking forward to someday seeing the Legion in this game for a long time.

Not so sure about working the Titans into it, but at least it's not another WW or GL episode. As I'm sure the devs know, the Titans were in no way the inspiration for the Legion. That has historically been Superboy (pre-Crisis) and/or Superman. More recent reboots might have mentioned the Justice League as an inspiration. *Never* the Titans.
    • Like x 1
  5. Caroline Dedicated Player

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWOOOOOOOOOOWOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 2
  6. Mat Walker New Player

What characters can we hope to see? By the picture I assume it's based on Bendis' new reboot.
    I'm always down for more Legion content. I don't know about Teen Titans direct inspiration though - I mean, I can't remember any version of the Legion being inspired by the Teen Titans (I mean, the Legion might have inspired the Teen Titans since it's older).
  7. BabyAres2 New Player

Sooooo yall not gonna add a new power from the them huh? (Missed opportunity)
    • Like x 1
  8. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Oh, BTW....classic costumes and appearances, or the recent reboot? The artwork above is from the Bendis version I believe, but the game as a whole usually presents more classic appearances for most characters.
    • Like x 2
  9. Zamara Dedicated Player

I'm just here to read the comments tbh, i know many of you've been asking for this for ages
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. Isif Committed Player

Nice to see some fresh faces and not just rebooting the usual suspects.
    • Like x 3
  11. Jackster Developer

Would that I could find the posts that said we'd NEVER do Legion.
    • Like x 5
  12. Bigmoo New Player

I don’t know the setting! Any recommendations on what to read for background?
    • Like x 1
  13. Magnificent Loyal Player

My vote is for the classic.
    • Like x 10
  14. Michael Grid Well-Known Player

Sooo excited to finally see the Legion. To me as kid growing up, their Roster of Heroes was sooo big with so many fun characters! I'm hoping to see a lot of cameo appearances by some of the other Legionnaires besides the Founding 3
    • Like x 3
  15. Eve YouTuber

Now that I got my breath back: I'm excited. This is new type of content and I really want to see how it turns out. Since BoP and Wonderverse were great, I'm sure this one will be even better. EMERALED EMPRESS will be in DCUO. AAAAH.
    • Like x 3
  16. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Hopefully the wonderverse boss mechanics will return, as tedious as they are, they’re still a unique and new form of boss functionality, adding something newer to the game
    • Like x 3
  17. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Cool! But hope there will be more than one raid or at least few duo and alerts.
    • Like x 2
  18. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Called it from that briefing :) nice looking forward to it
    • Like x 2
  19. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

A lot of the main player's powers are covered already though...
    • Like x 1
  20. Kanniu Well-Known Player

"improved World Boss encounters"
    The Open-World bosses are returning? Is the 2nd currency going to be something permanent now?
    • Like x 2