Account Maintenance - September 30, 2020

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We will perform a routine maintenance tomorrow, September 30, 2020, beginning at 9AM PT. All worlds will be impacted for about three hours.

During this maintenance, the marketplace will be offline and unavailable, and logins will fail. Players already in the world before the maintenance begins will be able to continue to play (as long as they do not log out).
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Twice on bonus aether and triple splinter.

Any chance of details on exactly what "account maintenance" is/entails?
    • Like x 3
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Routine? Does that mean this annoying extra maintenance will be a weekly thing? :(
    • Like x 2
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

not, it just means it's run-of-the-mill, bog standard, normal.
  6. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Due to lack of time and fatigue, I did not have the opportunity to fully use this bonus week ... I had the hope that at least on the last day using RB I could make up for it at least a little ... but it seems that the developers want to save my money. .. well so be it ...
  7. MrStoob Well-Known Player

While these things need to be done, some ahead of time communications would be nice rather than announcing on the day. Many of us need to arrange our time, which becomes difficult when you've no idea what the next day might bring.

No matter the platform, no matter the game or media, if there's one thing that grinds peoples' gears it's a lack of communication.
    • Like x 2
  8. Eve YouTuber

Oh! I'll let my streamer friends know not to log out if they stream. This kinda sucks but I understand why it has to be done!
  9. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

When they do stuff like this they know the player base is small now. because the content is small 80% of the player base is off playing other games till this game has something to offer. so they do this kinda stuff without much notice. They need to do account maintenance to notice how many peole are not active so they can try harder next time they make an ep. Which is what I would be doing lol one ep is not going to keep us active at all
    • Like x 1
  10. Jolbrunner New Player

the maintenance beeing every on times where the most player normaly playing....dc universe is the only game with so many downtimes !! i think this is not routine... so many problems with server or whatever is since daybreake has dc universe...sadly then i playing DCUO since the first time that this game exist : /
  11. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Personal opinion and usually business standards: maintenance windows should be done when they impact the least amount of people (EG: 11PM PT on a Tuesday).
    • Like x 1
  12. RoboDuck New Player

At this point I don't even want an episode, I just want The Witching Hour to come already and this day refuses to end
    • Like x 1