Extra Life Charity Drive

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by bradleymsimmons, Sep 28, 2020.

1. bradleymsimmons Well-Known Player

[IMG]

First, I'd like to send a very appreciative Shout Out to Oceans as a Thank You for drawing my character profile below. It was the result of a donation I made to the Extra Life fundraising efforts DCUO is partaking in this year. If you hurry up, you can grab Ocean's next character portrait slot for $95!

If you haven't heard of Extra Life, it's a charitable fundraiser for sick and injured children. I believe this is DCUO's third year participating (someone correct me if I'm wrong). DCUO has started fund raising a bit earlier this year (if I remember from what I heard in one of the streaming videos). There are 10 staffers currently raising money. There are perks and incentives along the way leading up to THE day, which is November 7th this year. Below are some links if you'd like to read-up on the charity, last year's event, and access the donations page.

About Extra Life:
    https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.page&id=1306

Last Year's Thread:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/extra-life-2019.304867/

DCUO's Extra Life Donation Page (click the "Roster" tab half way down the page for a list of participants):
    https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=50842

Twitch:
    https://www.twitch.tv/dcuniverseonline

[IMG]

[IMG]

I believe they intend to reveal more incentives along the way, leading up to the November date. Currently, for a $25 donation, one can receive a physical postcard in the mail with a hand-written note from one of several exotic DC Universe locations. Each dev has their own location.

Megzilla - Postcard from Zamaron (had previous character portrait slots open - may open more later)
    Red Five - Postcard from Gotham
    Mepps - Postcard from Metropolis
    Oceans - Postcard from Themiscira & 1 slot currently for a character portrait
    * If Oceans reaches her personal fund-raising goal of $2,000 a special Pastel Chroma will be unlocked in-game on Game Day!
    Carp - Postcard from Atlantis
    Aalaizah - Postcard from Kahndaq
    AerynDC - Postcard from Central City

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  2. Eve YouTuber

Donated. I hope to get my Themyscira, Zamaron and Metropolis post cards soon! And Megzilla's portrait slot when she gets to me on the list. Sadly I do not have enough for another portrait from Oceans and it makes me sad but it is what is is. Next year P:

But the cause is noble and I can't wait for this week stream!
    • Like x 3
  3. bradleymsimmons Well-Known Player

Awesome, Zoe! :)
    • Like x 1
  4. bradleymsimmons Well-Known Player

BTW - The links to the Extra Life website are correct. They seem to be experiencing server issues at the moment.
  5. bradleymsimmons Well-Known Player

Looks like the website is back up.

And because I want you to have a "full set" Zoe, and because your positivity and contribution here in the forums deserves recognition...

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  6. Eve YouTuber

You didn't have to!!! Thank you so so so much! I have no words but I'm so grateful you have no idea.
    Bless you and your kind heart, your family too and I wish you all the best. Thank you <3 For the children!!
  7. bradleymsimmons Well-Known Player

You're welcome, it was absolutely my pleasure Zoe. Proof that good things happen to good people. Especially, when they least expect it! I don't know you but I can tell you are a kind and caring individual. The world needs more people like you and more moments like these right here, especially now when the world seems like it's in such a dismal state. :hugs:

And yes, for the children! Bless their beautiful souls, the families who love them, and the people and organizations (like DCUO and Extra Life) that do what they can to help them. <3
    • Like x 4
  8. bradleymsimmons Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

• Like x 3
  10. bradleymsimmons Well-Known Player

It was my pleasure. And that seriously looks amazing! Oceans did a great job on your character. Congrats!! :)
    • Like x 1
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Took the last one :p
    • Like x 2
  12. Eve YouTuber

Oceans is really awesome. With only these 3 art pieces she showed how talented she is. And that's not even topping all the materials and stuff she did in game. Oceans you're awesome!
  13. Oceans Developer

Thanks for the support, y'all!

And thanks to everyone who claimed the new sketch slots so quickly. They'll be a bit more sketchy, but still made with love. :D

Don't forget to get a shot of your character to me!
    • Like x 3
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Certainly, just at work at the moment will send it in a couple of hours :)
    • Like x 1
  15. bradleymsimmons Well-Known Player

Guess I have a dumb question. Can the Extra Life Charity items we claimed on character be emailed to other characters on our accounts? I'm getting an error message when trying to attach these items to send.
  16. Rejchadar Inquisitor

No via mail, but you can transfer to your other character through the shared-bank.
  17. bradleymsimmons Well-Known Player

OMG, why didn't I think of that!? lol
    Thank you Rejchadar!