Finisher/La Mort card suggestions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Qwantum Abyss, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I will lead with some questions as i am NOT well versed on many powers in this game.
    Im a quantum dps formerly an electric healer an thats really all i have direct exp with.

1) are all the various powers finishers channeled?
    2) are all the various powers finishers ST?
    3) not as important but are all the various powers finishers “beam like”

I ask because i have what i feel may be an interesting suggestion for finishers themseves OR something to suggest for La Mort card.

Suggestion:
    Finishers - what if they added a “power progression” element.
    Specifically for finishers, what about adding like a 3 tier SP system in that
    A) 0 SP on finisher it behaves as normal
    B) 1 SP on finisher and it gains a “arc” effect or a “chain” doing say 15% damage to 2-3 proximity targets in addition to The 100% ST damage to primary target
    C) 5 SP on finisher increses the “Arc” or “chain” to 30% damage to the additional targets.

La Mort - if the above isint an option due to it being too big a change ornwhatever since SP is involved then what about adjusting the rank 200 effect. Its VERY underwhelming as is an thats ALOT of metal an catalysts and seals to go from 160 to 200.

Make La Mort cause the finisher to gain the “Arc or chain” effect and damage would hit for the 30% On 2-3 additional targets while the primary takes the same 100% like normal.

This would (for quantum at least and why i asked about the other powers) a very cool animation in you’d see the tendrils shoot out of primary target to snap nearby enemys. It’d look like a baby oblivion an add some flare.

Thoughts???
    • Like x 1
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

All Finishers are ST and you are correct they are "beam eqse". There's a couple of outliers like Rage's E Chain is a Combo and does 2 hits of Damage. Some Finishers, if not the rest of them, are Channels and do DoT during the casting.
    • Like x 1
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I figured so an was in hope they were haha.
    I stand by the suggestions then. Would be visually cool and add some utility to La mort past 160 for what it takes to get it to 200
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Nature's Finisher in Gorilla form and I think Hard Light's finisher are not Single Target.
    • Like x 4
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Thnx, suggestion should still work as those are AOE’s so not much would even change except what would equate to a buff at a cost of rank 200 or some SP depending
  6. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

I use photon blast and also use the la mort card artifact. Having some sort of chain effect added would be absolutely badass.

However, we have to consider the fact that this would probably make it OP, and therefore may lead to everyone using the same artifact, and using the same load outs....again. This has happened many times in the past.

So, if they were to do something like what you suggested, they would just have to make sure they were very careful with how they chose to implement it.
    • Like x 1
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I've always said we should be able to use our DP to level up abilities and change how they act and do damage/heals/stuns ect

Just never bothered posting it because of how this forum community is, always so negative and nay-saying unless its something they want. Its ridiculous.
    • Like x 1
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I got ur back lol
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yea for sure and im of course generalizing. I havent a clue what acceptable damage would be just tossing #s to plant the seed is all.

My “skin in the game” is im quantum and our finisher is cool looking but really hard to see at times an it made me think a chain effect would live it up.
    Plus we all know La Mort is fully “MEH” at 200. U gain almost nothing from 160 to 200 and something like this would make it more of an option then most currently consider it. My thought was that would add balance by increasing functional options
    • Like x 1
  10. Ryazan Dedicated Player

It would be awesome if the last bonus was making the finisher become like the old healer version of Ionic Drain.

I miss that power so much... :(
    • Like x 1
  11. Walvine Well-Known Player

And La mort still only applies the debuff/curse to the selected/highlighted single target for both hardlight and nature aoe finishers.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Cool.
  13. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

La-Mort Card really is used for the reduced cooldown and the 10% damage increase when enemy above 35% health. So some things to know.

1. Not all finishers are the same contrary to belief. Light Blast hits multiple enemies meaning you'll be doing 10% more damage to MULTIPLE enemies instead of just one such as with other finishers in the game. (unless I'm wrong and the increase damage is only for one target)

2. E.Chain is a combo and not a DOT like the other finishers. It can hit two times and unless I'm wrong here too, it'll apply the 10% damage increase with each hit. Because of Rage unique supercharge you can further increase the damage of your E.Chain with Berserk.

3. Correct me I'm wrong but Ionic Drain heals you to, just not nearly good enough compared to healer role.

In my opinion since I pair it with Lernaea's Amulet, I would only rank La-Mort Card to to where the cooldown is reduced with the 10% damage increase. Perhaps they could add a DOT effect or make the finisher empower you for 6 seconds. I would like an ability to be able to charge it to max to unleash its maximum potential like Superman supernova heat vision in the comics instead of doom stacks.
    • Like x 1
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Thats an interesting idea too
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

Interesting ideas, but I think it’s pretty balanced as is. Have you seen some of those Impendinng Doom ticks at rank 200 with 70 stacks? There’s a time and a place for all of these artifacts. This one is great for single target boss fights.
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Disagree, i have it an have this seen the single damage burst with stacks of all various ammounts and its barely noticeable at best. Its a long time to wait for a single burst of 1 underwhelming tick.
    La Mort does a few things well but the entire doom stack mechanic is not one of them.
    The burst is so underwhelming if u dont hear it or see it then u would never even notice it happened sadly
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Eh I dont pay people no mind any more, half the time I glance over responses lol
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lol
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

It's TRUE especially if I see the name I can pretty already guess what kind if reply I'll see from those type of people. I'm sure you know some ppl around here you have picked up on that you kind of just ignore reading their replies because it's always so douchie lmao
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Heck im sure im one of the ones ppl view the way ur describing haha but yea, i am noticing patterns as well