Mepps, any chance of Bonus PVP weeks?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Hey Mepps,

I was wondering whether we could get targeted bonus pvp weeks or weekends where one map on the rotation provides double marks.

I understand PVP has balance issues, but there's still feats in there and styles lots of people no doubt need.

If you implemented a bonus week on one map it might encourage players to spam that map helping them get both pvp feats and styles.

For example i know lots of people always seem to need 8v8 Australias for example and without motivation they just don't really queue pop.

The weeks or weekends could even just run side by side with any pve event that week.

Thoughts? Thanks for any consideration. :)
    • Like x 12
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Personally, I need very few maps(Ace and Lair) due to a big push 2 years ago, and don't need any of the styles. However, I think this would be a good thing for most. +1

Honestly I think just putting the maps back on a rotation, maybe 5 or 6 maps up at a time, bonus or not...would help. Back when it was 1 map per quantity like '1v1' or '4v4' it was much easier to get the one you wanted when it came up. Issue was the rotation seemed random so it might be a long time for 'Bomb disposal' vs 'Moon' or any of the other 4v4 maps as there were so many. Maybe 2 4v4 at a time, 1 map each for the other quantities. People that want to PvP probably don't care that much what map it's on, so they queue all, and the most popular ones pop first. AUS/HOD/WT hardly ever pop as a result as it's easier to populate the smaller maps. Less choice would mean funneling the people towards the map of the week.
    • Like x 1
  3. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

You run into a lot of issues if this isn't done right
    lairs only give 70 marks for a victory, You get 200 in batcave/shadowlands for a victory, Unless your grinding feats or like the map thats an instant skip
    2v2 gets worse because now you run into the split node maps where instead of 1 you have two nodes to capture. Becomes a hurdle for players who can only win while fighting with a partner vs actually fighting alone. Plus lairs is a 2v2 annnnd 70 marks for a victory is a skip
    4v4 You'd have to have at least 3 options. Deathmatch/capture and hold/king of the hill/ bomb capture/Hostage rescue/ capture the flag are all the variants of 4v4. Players are....um... sometimes players...ehhh...they like to pew pew instead of read or following the objective.
    8v8 gets the ultimate skip because why would I run something that takes more time, a proper group build for the same amount of marks I get from a 1v1.
    And this is on top of the horrific imbalances that pvp has already.
  4. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Support this 100%. Might even convince me to finally finish the dead shot pvp style.
    • Like x 3
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Sure, why not? I probably wont join in, but sure!
    • Like x 1
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Personally I'd like if you do 1 map it could as 10-30 wins or however many, this is for pvp not LPvE btw. Granted they could do the same for lpve

To add onto this they can also do 5x currency for pvp. At the same time
    • Like x 2
  7. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

We did have a Lpve bonuse a while back it was worth 10 points I believe that was really sweet I wish they bring that back :).
  8. Wildcat Committed Player

more pvp?
    [IMG]
  9. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Very much this & the original OP. Bring back the rota, double the rewards on 8's (preferably permanently) and add win feats to maps that don't have them (Shadowlands, FOS and a few others i think)
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

All of these are true, additionally all are also true today... BUT you also have the decreased chance of getting into any single map on the list because there are multiple options for each level right now. You are also mainly looking at it from a marks perspective. If you are grinding marks, you'd stay away from Lairs anyway. This is especially true if Proxy's suggestion came true and there were some sort of bonus marks(which Im still in favor of...Just suggested limiting the maps as an alternative that might also work.)

BTW, I'm merely suggesting putting it back to a rotation like we had + an additional 4x4 choice to cover the wide variety those arenas. This isn't so much a change as a reversal of the change they already put in. If the rotation on maps was set vs the seemingly random rotation we had before (where I think Hostage recovery came up like once a year), your desired map would come up more often and when your map came out, you'd likely be able to get in a lot easier cause it would be the map people were running to run PVP, at least it would be more likely to be run. Being able to put a group together and avoid the pew-pew factor might be easier too as the group would be less likely to sit in a queue for 30 min waiting on one match to pop as you can easily do today.

We saw this with the LPVE bonus week to an extent. When all maps were active, after about a day, queuing in on all maps or some of the less popular ones would likely only result in Trigon/Oan/Armory popping, because those are the higher value ones (time/reward). Mid way through the week, LFG was pretty much these for these few maps and lots of 'No team ups' shouts. Now that the regular rotation is back in, the map of the week is the only choice and it pops pretty easy (ok...not Paradox). People looking for team ups and feats in LFG are only looking for that map, cause it's the only option.
  11. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Oh, please no. [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Ehh.. PvP is fine and easy enough the way it is already. If you are having troubles just boost. Cakewalk.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are hesitant to touch anything pvp related without also addressing some of the requested updates or changes.
    • Like x 14
  14. TheEnquirer Active Player

Let's be honest here.. You guys have been hesitant to touch anything PvP-related for YEARS now. I'm confused why you would be hesitant to add in bonus marks, something that's not even a fix or change, but is being HIGHLY requested. Like, nobody is going to get mad at you for trying to at least make PvP feats easier to obtain. We are all aware the current state of PvP. I think the incentive (double/triple/whatever rewards) FAR OUT-WEIGHS the cons. Just do it, now or never, at this point.
    • Like x 4
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks for the response, appreciate it. The example I use to make the request was when you added the Belle Reeve map and also ran a double marks weekend at the same time I know heaps of people that actually had lots of fun, despite the fact PVP during that weekend was broken as all hell. In fact even the legends pets characters were broken and people were spamming two face and circe; but still having a blast.

I get the hesitancy, I really do, but I'm sure giving out extra marks and rewards could only be a positive thing. :)
    • Like x 2
  16. The Jeff Well-Known Player

PvP is broken. We know this. There is little to no hope for any kind of revamp or balance on the horizon. We all know this as well. The devs have been up front about it. It is what it is and there's no reason to complain about it.

Given that, how about simply changing the rewards so whether you win or lose, you get the same rewards. At least that way, we can deal with the imbalance and people playing a power/spec they know isn't viable will have more incentive to actually queue up. The people who want to PvP but don't due to the imbalance can at least know they'll get a better reward. The people who want to play OP specs can still get their top spots on the leaderboard and the rest of us can get the marks for the vendors.

I for one would like to be able to finish all the style feats in a reasonable amount of time but due to the erratic nature of the queues coupled with the high chance of not winning have avoided it. I don't care if I win. I'm not chasing top spot on the leaderboard. I just want to finish some style feats.
    • Like x 3
  17. Wildcat Committed Player

how its not possible for them to make money on pvp?
    I just really dont understand this, soo many games can, why DCUO can't?

guess its just bad marketing?

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. Noble One Committed Player

because pvp doesnt have a limiter in it. you can play it as much as you want to get your rewards and then thats it. unlike pve that has limits and needs replay badges. pvp is unaffected by this. so hence no money is to be made from pvp. never has been for this game since day one.

as for a PVP weekend it likely wont happen since pvp is still currently broken and has bugs that needs fixing. releasing a bonus for it would only add gas to the current forest fire it already is. its not a headache that the devs need nor want right now.
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Then just give the pvp feats to everyone and remove pvp on duty from the game allow ppl to still duel obviously but remove on duty pvp. That would be suggestion where everyone wins, players win by getting the styles and feats, you all win by never hearing about pvp again. Could be our anniversary gift eh
    • Like x 2
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd guess no version of this would happen. For whatever reason some people still play for the PVP aspect....go ahead, queue in...you'll meet with some hardcore PvPer about every 3rd 1v1...and they want to WIN!!! Also, with the fact that people still whine about the map counts being decreased after they had already finished them, I'd think decreasing them to 0 will set off a whine storm of epic proportions.

Unless you are suggesting just 'removing' them...without granting the feats and styles that would forever be inaccessible at that point. Yeah, I doubt that would happen either, but hey...it would be different group of people whining at least. The people who were done would likely be fine with that.