Solar amp (continued from testing thread)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Qwantum Abyss, Sep 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I want whats best for the game. Whats best for the game is balance. What the devs did is take balance away, they nerf’d one of the most balanced artifacts in the game an by doing so took Viable options away from players an did so AFTER we invested i them for OVER A YEAR.
    My solar amp aint even 200 yet either (it will be soon tho in spite of). Its the principle.
    Please come and Explain to us why this was in the best interest of the game. Explain how this makes the artifact more balanced or the game more balanced.
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

How did the correction negatively affect balance? It’s not power specific so it reduces a powerful aoe option for all powers for might DPS. From what I understand, it was being used in ranged aoe loadoats prwrrt evenly throughout most if not all of the powersets except for maybe electricity and munitions. Hell, you could argue that between this and and the flurry shot nerf, might and precision are closer to being balanced in both ranged ST and ranged AOE than ever before. But I certainly don’t claim to be an expert in might ranged aoe within all the powersets so if I’m wrong, I’m open to being enlightened.
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Not the balance between Might/precision. The balance in the artifact itself. I dont think nerf’n arts is the way to balance might/prec anyway (IMO).
    The artifact itself was well made an well balanced allowing for use in a wide variety of loadouts. That balanced universality is what made it popular and functional. Now that they neutered the AOE, its really only functional in ST loadouts and thats if it even works the way they now say it does. Thats niche not balance. What was once an artifact with universal utility is now just a niche ST artifact. Balance is lost and the game is worse for it. There were stronger options no matter what you were going to build BUT if u built for universality it was a top choice.
    For example, i dont change my loadout. I dont run ST for some things an AoE and/or DoT’s for other things. I run just 1 loadout universally for everything and it worked fine (wasnt great at either thing because theres better options both ways as i said). But even tho the de-balanced it an ruined what they should have been proud of making, I will still do so because screw their nerf. My loadout is fun for me and that part hasnt changed.
  4. gemii Dedicated Player

If the artifact was doing what it was intended to do from the start and wasn’t bugged this thread wouldn’t even exist and plenty players would of still leveled it. Maybe not to 200 (if they don’t care about the extra %) but it would of still been an artifact leveled up and used it’s the best single target artifact with slight aoe Percs and has some of the best might stats.

Just because you can’t pew pew heat vision adds anymore in hallways and deal a decent amount of damage on them doesn’t take away balance from the game. Maybe takes away your playstyle if that’s the way you were playing but it doesn’t take away any kind of balance.
    • Like x 1
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

It does take away balance because now the artifact is niche an not balanced as it was. Thats the balance loss. Instead of a well balanced art u could use in a ST loadout or an AoE loadout (or like me an use the balance to keep from needing to have dif loadouts) ow its not balanced an not viable for anything but ST.
    Niche is not balance. Theres a place for niche an it/they serve their purpose but they sold it under the lie it was fine for over a year an suddenly want to say its broke? Na, not buyin it (no pun intended). The devs silence for a year tells us it was working as intended. Perhaps strat card making awesome use of SA has made that combo overperform but thats strats prob not SA’s. Its just sheisty an wrong to bait n switch customers AND to do so in the name of “it wasnt working as intended” is disingenuous at best and flat out dishonest at worst especially when preaching balance is the goal.
    If balance is the goal, then you dont neuter a well balanced art. You change to description and be proud at the balance.
    The way these nerf’s seem to work (and maybe im wrong) is they are based in 2 things an 2 things only
    1) popularity - if “everyone” is using it then its deemed OP (get rdy to have your trans an strat Cards nerf’d FYI. Admit it or not its happening cause they are too popular)
    2) ppl who dont like it cry about it or dont have it an cry about it. Squeeky wheel gets the grease as they say.

If they has listened to feed back and tested their work thoroughly then they would have known An it would been fixed w/in a month and that would have been pallet-able. Over a year later? Seriously? that changes everything, even if it was broke. Its the wrong move to make for your customers and thats what should matter most. Ppl paid $ for this and the devs silence for over a year tells us its fine in spite of players crying (players arent the dev team an we should not be expected to take what random ppl say as fact). Devs needed to communicate an didnt and that effectivly communicated there was no issue. This is on the devs, its just a dirty move and this is all in spite of the detailed testing done and results posted in the TESTING FEEDBACK section.
    • Like x 1
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’ve always considered Heat Vision a single target attack. It was single targwt before the Solar Amp existed. It was single target when max artifact level was 160. Even after the max level was raised to 200, there’s nothing in the artifact description that suggest any boost to AOE so it should always have been considered a ST attack which makes the Dolar Amp primarily aSingle Target artifact that can stille provide strong stats but not much else for AOE.
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

What u consider it is moot (and myself and anyone else, personal subjectivity Isint relevant).
    Your point of nothing suggesting any boost to AOE is false for 2 reasons
    1) it adds an AOE burst and a DoT so it in fact IS supposed to “buff” into an AoE
    2) Theres nothing in the description either that says it doesnt become a stronger AoE and that would be the logical progression.

We all know descriptions are VERY open ended so relying on a description is dangerous at best.
    None of this is even tho point. The time line is the point. It was fine and sellable for over a year. Thats baiting. Devs randomly decided to change it with no communication, no justification, no results, nothing and then expect everyone to be onboard and excited. Thats switch.
    Bait n switch is shady business practice. U agree with them if u wish but nothing u say will convince me or others like me differently.
    A dev coming here and communicating with their customers perhaps would though
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We're monitoring what/if any balance problems arise from the artifact working as intended in the live/wild environment. Testing feedback was mixed and not convincing enough to buff what is already a very powerful artifact.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.