Test Discussion The Witching Hour 2020

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Sep 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread for feedback and bug reports for this year's fall event, new feats, and new items.
    • Like x 3
  2. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

The rewards are nice overall. There isn't an overwhelming list of things. Base items are detailed and mostly animated. There are a lot of fun things that can be done with these components. Thanks for keeping the list to 12 and not multiple variants of everything!

[IMG]From left: Catacomb wall, creepy lab table, creepy grandfather clock, creepy fireplace

The objective counter reduction is a nice optimization. There's enough going on elsewhere in the game, so cutting down the repetitive nature of these seasonals is a big help, especially for those that run multiple characters.

I know you guys like to mix it up from event to event, but I much prefer the "collect x number" of base items rather thana checklist. They're all 10 bites anyway. Checklists only make us buy things we won't place. If items are meta-tagged enough, pull an analytics report on seasonal items bought & placed. Then compare events that were checklisted vs not.

Can the fireplace clip into walls a bit more... about 50%. That way it can be used as a wall component as well as freestanding/2-sided.
    • Like x 3
  3. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Can we get a pair of bat wings for the head?
  4. Miss Adora Loyal Player

How much spooy bites we get a day? The emblems are 50 a pop, not sure if we will get enough to get them all. Them emblem and base itemsa are the best thing on there, the styles are a let down. Was hoping for a witch style to go with the witchy hat
    • Like x 1
  5. DCUO Post Loyal Player

The emblem prices needs to be adjusted.
    • Like x 5
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

From my understanding you only need 2 for the feat, but I agree I think the 2 should equal 50 once you saved up enough for both, not equaled to 100. This way we can at least attempt to get the rest of the emblems and other style that we didnt get for the feat.

Not everything needs to be a grind fest imo.
    • Like x 1
  7. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Emblem prices is too high. Actually styles too, but it at least understandable with cool styles, but emblems...
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Feedback

[IMG]

Is there a particular reason this feat has returned to an individual checklist? I'm just wondering what the desire/logic here is, base builders tend to like to be able to spend their marks on items they want, not items they're being compelled to purchase, the items are quite expensive, in that they're 10 marks so I'm sure base builders would like to be able to spend their marks on certain items in particular, the other seasonal feats were commonly "buy any 12 base items", is it possible to change this, so it's just any 12 base items"?

Is it possible to add some feats? I notice this year there is no 50 pt feats

It would be nice if you could add either two more stages to these feats (25pts each) or a single 50pts (as pictured below) for consuming these tricks and treats, it would give players a reason to consume these things and give playrs a little more to do as well.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  9. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I agree with the others in that the base items should be just collect X amount of them and not all X amount of them.

There is already a boatload of available base items in the game that many of us collected on our main characters and having more base items we will never even use just adds on to that giant list.

If anything, it would be nice if we could delete base items from our characters list after we consume them.
    • Like x 2
  10. GothamKnight38 Active Player

A Bat Wing Cowl would be PERFECT for a Bleez toon :)
  11. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

The base items are Great I've seen a few this year I'm definitely using on my Boo master toon but I to have to echo what other's have said some of the base items I won't ever use so can they be collect X amount.
  12. Stephen Nix Well-Known Player

The swarming bats aura is only 10 spooky bites, wasn't it supposed to go to 50?
  13. mikolokim New Player

I feel like the reason they switched from "collect x amount" to "collect these specific amount" is that they can get you to purchase extra marks that they have. In the last event, I ran all 10 toons everyday and still needed to purchase extra marks because half the base items I didn't want to use in my base. Couldn't donate them to league either because you had to collect them in order for it to count.

I have no problem spending real money to get this, as it does help keep the game going, but things like outfits and hair (things of that nature) should then be able for all characters to access either through buying them with replay marks or is available through other means. I hate that I only have one person with the hiker boots because I had to spend my marks to get feats.

Also, can my girls get some heels that go under pants? I mean Lois Lane has them.......
  14. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

I also agree with the above comments of the Boo Emblems being a bit overpriced currently. If they could be either halved ideally to 25 each, or at least to 30 each, and if the Victorian Detective styles could also receive the same treatment, seeing that they are also?

Currently as it is, if the event runs from the 1st-31st, and if it rewards 10 Candy Corn a day, max from normal play from full days are 310. The costs for 1 of every item being 120 for base items, 50 for accessory, 50 for head, 50 shoulders, 50 for trinket and 300 for Emblems, and it is quite a high price for emblems alone if they also do not provide a feat except for collecting only 2. Total Candy Corn required is 620, double the amount rewarded.

The above suggested changes would bring the overall price to (if 25 for each emblem): 470, or 420 (if 25 for each Victorian Detective style) and (if 30 for each emblem) 500, or 440 (if 30 for each Victorian Detective style. Both suggested options could also make the feat for the Victorian Detective styles require both style pieces if at those prices being 50 or 60 Candy Corn in total, and potentially, if desired, add a feat to collecting the Accessory as well.

Strictly for Feats, pricing currently is 120 for base items, 50 for Victorian Detective, and 100 for 2 Boo Emblems for a total of 270.
    Suggested changes to 25 for 2 emblems: 220 (Same if Victorian Detective is changed to 25 each but require both styles for feat)
    Suggested changes to 30 for 2 emblems: 230 or 240 (if Victorian Detective is changed to 30 each but require both styles for feat.)
    Then if a 2 Star 25 point feat for the Victorian Candelabra (based on last year's accessory feat) were to be added, it would be +50 to all amounts, being either 270, 280 or 290 for feats alone.
    • Like x 3
  15. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

Also two minor questions, first being if the Auras from the Trick or Teel Bucket could be made Account Bound rather than entirely non-tradeable if this has not been changed prior?

Secondly, is there any chance the Victorian Detective Head style could be used with Face styles?
    • Like x 2
  16. lulukachina New Player

Is there any chance the boo belt and boo family trinkets will become CR scaled?

It would give the players a reason to run the content every year and work toward getting these items to match their current CR level.

As it is, the level 70 belt that I currently have and trinkets are a little disappointing when equipped with my current set of gear being 275 or higher. That CR drop is discouraging.
    • Like x 4
  17. Proxystar #Perception

The aura's are already account bound, or at least they were last year, are they not currently on test, I've not tried
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

+1 on this.

Can we get the bootility belt scaled up in item level so that when we put it on it doesn't so heavily impact the CR and we can keep the stats we would otherwise have, it would be useful to have this scale up at least once a year.
    • Like x 2
  19. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

Thank you for the reply! Did not recall if it did get changed concerning the auras, didn't get any from the Buckets on Test so posted it just in case.

I agree about making the Bootility belt scalable, and the magic knockdown trinket too instead of having several level versions.
    • Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Agreed, the Croatians Talisman right, that could do with an upgrade to make it more relevant at end game. :)
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.