My .02 cents on wonderverse

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xxHELLSTROKExx, Sep 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I guess I'm in the minority that I didn't hate anything about this. Sure, the grind was rough, the elite raid is tough, and it took some broker work to get the op helm, but all in all I am still liking it all. Another raid would have been cool but I understand why there wasn't and I'm not here to whine.
    One thing, one single gripe... can we please use the generator drops for league hall donations to prestige? Like 20 or 30 points worth. We're all grinding new stuff and it is making running old content less likely. Except that's generally how we would get prestige points. Old dlcs have been replaced by the open world bounties. This one change would make a world of difference. Aside from that, after over a month of doing this dlc, I'm a fan.
    • Like x 15
  2. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I also really like the content. I really enjoyed it. Grindy yes, but not awful. I'm hoping the rewards coming will give me something to spend Aether on.

I honestly can't think of anything really critical I would complain about related to the content specifically. I thought it was well executed and one of their best DLCs to date (JLD probably being the best).
    • Like x 2
  3. Kanniu Well-Known Player

I don't think you're in the minority. I actually think the majority enjoyed this DLC. The devs were definitely more receptive to feedback this time around.
    • Like x 2
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

Good idea. I'll pass it along.

Stay tuned. The plan is that there will be rewards that are exclusively Aether and rewards that are standard Episode currency. Some of which have been hard to obtain and highly requested/sought after.
    • Like x 12
  5. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Thank you Charon. Looking forward to it. When do those bonus rewards usually get released? They must be coming relatively soon, no? Looking at those "dcuoleaks" websites, I'm excited to pickup a pair of bracers for my Amazon ;)
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

Relatively soon™. ;)
    • Like x 9
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Thank you Charon!
    • Like x 1
  8. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Its a great episode, but a lot of it is because its new. I dont think bounties are the way to go for every episode, but I dont want the old model again. It would be awesome if we could get 2 raids plus some extra group farm that doesnt lock
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I too enjoyed this episode for the most part. Stuff needed for OP items does not dro enough as usual IMO but overall good episode. We NEED aether to be infinite or at least something reasonable like 10k. Capping it at 99 with nothing to spend it on means i have been running it “loot locked” daily for a month.
    That said, my questions are
    1) can we get a cap increase on aethers?
    2) will there be feats attached to the “goodies” that cost aethers?
  10. Psyfur Well-Known Player

You’re not in the minority. It just seems that way because the minority tends to be more vocal than the majority. This DLC has been enjoyable for most, including myself.
    • Like x 4
  11. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Out of curiosity what sort of thing interests you? What would you prefer to see?

For me, I really enjoy open world bounties and have since beta. We used to group up just to take down Grundy or Bizarro. The only problem with them was that there was no incentive to run them after they were done. If they scaled in difficulty to accomodate solo players or group players and by "level" they would stay relevant! Or imagine they were like the Wonderverse bounties and dropped a piece of scalable gear plus a chance at an iconic something (Imagine Grundy's torn tunic style, or something like Orion's motherbox dropped from every iconic bounty), that would have made them more endearing (and more replayable) to the players I think. Maybe I'm wrong though.

And in terms of Wonderverse content, there's some unused space on the island I'm hoping to see get used. I'd like to see more iconic WW related heroes and villains become additional bounties that can be run. Circe, Cheetah and Giganta or Wondergirl, Donna Troy and maybe a Wonder Woman are natural top choices.

If I did have a complaint about the DLC it's mostly related to loot like a lot of others' complaints. In terms of rewards, I wish potential for Seeds or Skylands were in the loot tables for the bounties. I realize the Devs want to make those items rares etc but they're already super rare so at least give us more chances at the rare drop. And like I said above, I think *every* iconic fight should have an iconic related reward drop of some kind.
    • Like x 1
  12. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Thats a really good question bc I have no idea. I'd like something like a open world SM (as ppl in the area kill the bosses new and harder ones appear with better rewards) but its hard to scale and to make the mechanics fun while there are 100 ppl burning a boss, so Im not 100% sure i'd enjoy it and I for sure wouldnt enjoy doing it for 6 months or 8 either.

My problems with the bounty system are: it takes too long to beat a cycle, they become boring once you do them a number of times, its 10 minutes of fight and 20 waiting, there is the phasing issue and you dont enjoy the mechanics. Its great to have once in a while, but doing the same thing for 8-12 months? Not for me.

In my opnion they should do some instanced content without look locks to see how it goes as well.

I love the iconic drops but they arent enough to keep me farming for months
    • Like x 3
  13. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Like I said, was curious :) Hope I wasn't asking too many questions but you seemed like you had an idea you wanted to express so I took a jab at interrogating you :)

I understand that. I fill the time chatting with leaguemates but it can still be a snore. That's kind of why I was thinking of ways to incentivize the individual bounties themselves. After replying to you I was thinking about it more and wondered what it would be like if the bounty fights were re-imagined across faction lines. So, villains could take down Wonder Woman while Heroes could take down Murk (but neither could heal their faction's iconic of course). Maybe it would make it feel more dynamic and like the player was swaying the direction of the narrative more to feel engaging? And of course the rewards I mentioned. But I admit I don't have anything better than that in mind.
    • Like x 1
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Very good idea.
    I'd like to see that extended to base items as well. They should be worth a little more according to their "level" and rarity (blue, gold, purple etc). There should be a few hundred and thousand pointers. It would stimulate the buying and selling of base items as well as encourage going back into older content to farm for them.
    similarly the tokens of merit and prestige should be consolidated into one item that when consumed will give you merit or if donated to your league hall will provide prestige.

i don't hate the bounty grind. Having "done it all" and then some for my top alts i am at that point where the idea of doing more is kind of painful. I do think this is one of the better dlcs we've had in some time. if the bounty idea were to move forward I would like to see some original characters used, for example if we were getting a Legion dlc using the Fatal Five in a similar fashion could be kind of wild if it led up to a battle with Validus...
  15. The Jeff Well-Known Player

I agree for the most part that this is a good change of pace. The issue I am seeing is more future related. Once a new DLC or two comes out, things like aether are going to be very difficult for new players to get. Once the flavor of the day has changed, spam groups will start to die out making aether extraordinarily difficult to get.

Old content handles this readily converting all vendor items to source marks. I expect this will happen with splintered coins, but since this dlc has two distinct currencies with greatly differing values/drop quantities, I am wondering how that will be handled when that day comes.

Is there a plan in place for this? Will aether items convert to source marks as well with a differing price point structure? 1:1 as with other currencies doesn't seem practical. It would take 1800 source marks at that rate for a new player/alt to get the 12 generator mods for example.
    • Like x 3
  16. Kuno Loyal Player

I bet the Wonderverse extra rewards will be disconnected from the episode theme like BOP extra rewards.
    "You want the Huntress hood with hair? Canary fleshnets? Here you have Amazo bracers and bionic eyes."
    I want Nubia's chest and bracers, since we're lacking a second style besides Grail and we are never getting WW Rebirth style and bracers...

They usually add some extra content too, like extra bounties, but since Wonderverse is too bounty focused, would be nice to have a duo (it's been a while) or another alert or even raid.
    • Like x 1
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I just hope the styles they add are actually worth using, here lately (past 2 or 3 DLC') I havent used a single style they have added as extras. The feats are nice but I'd rather get use out of these styles I'm buying.
    • Like x 2
  18. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I also like wonderverse a lot and would like to see more content like this. Would like to see flashverse and supermanverse etc.
  19. KN1TE Dedicated Player

I disagree. Why would any1 enjoy waiting to kill bounties? Tons of people shouting in LFG for bounty groups and full phases you can't get into. The bounties were way over powered and caused huge group phases where it's so glitchy and lagged out you can't even see what your doing. Roles get punished for not doing enough damage and getting lower rewards. Many players don't read or can't see the RED letters which result in mass death groups probably because it's an all DPS group. If you walk in the solo you were no longer in the same phase? EA mark caps are too low, there should be no mark caps. The alert was broken for nearly a month. The raid is a trash add bore chore with nothing interesting. I'm not sure what the patchwork area with the water and gazebo is for? Making an outdoor raid there with different bosses there could of made it better. This is my least favorite content and I know many others that agree.
    • Like x 3
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It would be impressive if people would just stick to giving their opinion and stop trying to claim that they know they are the voice of the majority. Anybody claiming to speak for the majority of players is either delusional or lying unless they can prove their case with actual measured numbers and/or names.

Note that this is opinion-agnostic. It's about the way people argue (badly), not about any particular argument.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.