Op helm question

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Doomsday234, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Doomsday234 Well-Known Player

So I just hit Cr 299 and just wanted to ask can I get the op helm without membership?
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

If I'm not mistaken, without membership you can only run event versions of current content. I believe the event versions do not drop the catalysts required for upgrading the helm.
    • Like x 2
  3. Doomsday234 Well-Known Player

I can still farm the op helm from Athena right??
  4. Kanniu Well-Known Player

I don't think so and even if you could, what would you do with it? lol
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

That I'm not sure about. While running the WonderVerse content, here are some things to check, which should indicate if you are capable of getting the helm:
    1. Do you get catalysts dropped?
    2. Do you get Hephaestus' Steel dropped (required to level helm).

I'm pretty sure (not %100) that you must either buy the DLC, or have legendary membership to be able to get the helm/requirements dropped. That's not to say, that, for example, if an OP piece is part of an episode that is available during "open episodes" that you will be unable to obtain it that way. Open episodes allows full access to the open content.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's not something you farm from Athena, the damaged helm drops after you defeat her the first time. Then you need to farm the catalysts and steel required to repair it.
    • Like x 2
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Imagine if it were that simple. Would be nice. But seeing as I've yet to even get a mother box to drop and I do bounties still and I had all bounty feats 10 days after DLC dropped says how my luck is in this game.
  8. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

You either have to subscribe or purchase the DLC.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What does the OP helm have to do with the mother box?
  10. ALB Dedicated Player

Yes, but the replays spent will be crazy. You don't have the cash to buy the op items out of the broker without legendary.
  11. Kanniu Well-Known Player

RNG
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't think the damaged helm is subject to RNG, everyone I know got it on day one.
    • Like x 1
  13. Kanniu Well-Known Player

The catalyst drop rates. Damn you're slow
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

How was I supposed to draw the imaginary line from your off topic remark about open world bounties and the Mother Box to catalyst drops? The OP asked if the helm was something that could be farmed from Athena, it isn't. The OP already stated he doesn't have access to regular content so your smart comment about drop rates wasn't necessary.
  15. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Ugh just forget it
  16. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Was going off the op' idea that the OP head drops from athena fully formed already(or the way you implied in your post I quoted)

But went on to elaborate that chances are I wouldnt have it still due to my luck in this game over the years and compared it the mother box something else within this DLC.
    • Like x 2
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I already forgot about it.