Livestream Let's Play: Extra Life - November 6, 2020

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 9
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Last year was fun - I’m hoping Megzilla offers to draw our characters again! Still regret missing out on that.
    • Like x 3
  3. Megzilla Developer

I'm doing portrait sketches this year - my first 5 slots have already been filled but I will open up some more later!
    • Like x 14
  4. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

Damm i lost the stream
  5. Arsenal Prime New Player

Would love to have my toon Spellbound drawn.. that would rock
  6. Eve YouTuber

I didn't even see the stream yesterday (the struggle of fixing your sleep schedule xD) anyway, Please do let me know when you open more slots I would love to donate :)
    • Like x 1
  7. metro2k Well-Known Player

sorry I did not understand anything.
    what is this Extra Life?
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's a fundraising drive to help Children's Miracle Network, a children's chairty hospital network in the US. Extra Life is the push where a lot of gamers/game devs pledge to devote a long stream of gameplay as sort of a mini-telethon to raise money for the effort. In an ideal world, the US wouldn't need this sort of thing, but yeah. We need charity hospitals for some people to get treatment.

https://childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org/about-us/

https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.page&id=1306
    • Like x 7
  9. SonofJorEl New Player

Did I miss the long stream of gameplay? I'm only seeing a stream for an hour and a half.
  10. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

In an ideal world, the entire world would have hospitals paid for by the government in order for all citizens to get treatment.
    • Like x 5
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The "big day" is November 6. We're doing smaller streams leading up to the big day, too, this year.
    • Like x 7
  12. Eve YouTuber

A day after my birthday...that's one way to celebrate lol
    • Like x 1
  13. LyddieOG New Player

Any chance last year's items can be put on marketplace for purchase for a limited time?
    I just returned to this game and would love to purchase one of the items from last year :c
  14. Casey Jaymz Active Player

Ooo I can get myself drawn by an amazing artist? Where do I sign up? :)
    • Like x 1
  15. Megzilla Developer

• Like x 7
  16. Eve YouTuber

17. Oceans Developer

Not Meg, but I can answer this!

Yes, there should be a stream this Friday. We'll be trying to do most Fridays leading up to the big game day on November 6th. Mepps and I will usually be co-hosting, with whatever special guest Devs we can wrangle for the day.
    • Like x 4
  18. Eve YouTuber

Yay and thank you for both your replies! Sounds great :) The cause is great and the hard work is appreciated!
    • Like x 1
  19. myandria Item Storage

Thanks, Mepps; good to know! It sucks that I cannot participate in the smaller Friday streams before then but I can take off of work that day!;)
    • Like x 1
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Last year's items will return with this year's game day. :D
    • Like x 4