Can players please stop queing in as Tanks and Controllers in Alerts?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Blue, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Seriously? Please? It's almost impossible to PUG either VMF and CoP now because there's always somebody who doesn't realize if you que in as a support role either than Healer you'll take that spot. And yes you can probably make it thru to the last boss baring some wipes but when you get to Lex or Poseidon you're in trouble without a healer. This seems the way that players do this every new episode. The Tank and Power buff in Alerts should be enough. I have a hard time believing that new plsyers choose either Tanks or Trolls as their mains cause you need a bit of knowledge of mechanics to do both. But regardless if your super special main is a Troll or whatever then before you que into an Alert switch to a Dps in the meantime beforehand. I'd even be ok if after the four group members get in and after it's qued as three Dps and one Healer if a player switchs back to Tank or Troll cause that's what their gear is in I'd totally be fine with that. But seriously this happens daily and the frustration of not being able to get thru the Alerts that have been out for months even years is really stressful. You can't pull this amount of ignorance in bigger MMOs so I won't let it stand in DCUO. If the majority of players don't get how support roles work in DCUO perhaps Daybreak could educate them more? I dunno but trying to run BoP bonus week already makes me not wanna play period with this ignorant playerbase. I'm open to suggestions on how we deal with this. And no LFG is not a solution. Try shouting in LFG for VMF groups every day. Also it'll be hard in USPC imagine on Switch?
    • Like x 1
  2. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Sure, I will stop when you start buying armories and dps gear for me.
    • Like x 15
  3. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Actually who cares what roles in instance with you if instance can be finished. More so, if you want support roles in instance - play in support role. Why someone should play in way them don't want? Because you dicided like that? Huh... It's not working this way.
  4. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Actually if you turn your role optional off in setting like I do.you can't get q in without someone queuing as 1 of each role.my problem is people queuing as a role then telling me you cant play it.lts like when I was in dmr and a dps who que as a troll didn't switch and said he could not so i left when they didn't kick him cause we wiped on last boss 2 times cause healer had no power to keep me alive as tank. Should also add that if role optional is on you get any for players that que .it could be 3 dps and a troll or even 4 dps and that's why I turn role optional off if I blind que
    • Like x 9
  5. Psyfur Well-Known Player

OMG! Thank you! I was unaware of this option.
  6. myandria Item Storage

WHOA! What a wall of text! Have to break this one down:

• Like x 6
  7. Physique Dedicated Player

The gaslight within the OP is intense. The short and direct answer, rhetorically speaking, is simple. Once other people are paying my subscription fees, they can then tell me how to queue up my characters.
    • Like x 11
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

As much as this is DPS-UO, I'll certainly Tank or even perform a Support Role before choosing to DPS just to make you "feel" better.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Although you can't generally dictate how another player plays the game, a player that is as high as VMF and CoP probably should have DPS gear and at least 2 armories in this game so they can switch when required.

Even if they queue as a tank or a controller, having the ability to switch if it makes success easier is pretty much a given.

So although I appreciate what the others are saying here in that you don't pay their sub, so don't tell them what to do, I also sympathise with your frustration that there are obviously numerous players out there that don't really give much of a toss what's best for completing the content. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Meh, roleless buffs do work somewhat...

In any case, I've trolled CoP more times than I have controlled in years. Yes, I queue as both, prefer DPS. Will run as controller. Goes well with or without as long as players learn the mechanics.
    • Like x 7
  11. Proxystar #Perception

the problem often isn't at all players that know how to play. It's players that queue as tanks or controllers or even healers for that matter and either through ignorance or stubborness refuse to do the role they're assigning themselves too.

There's nothing worse for example than a healer, tank or controller that takes away the roleless buff, making an instance harder, but never heals or never restores any power, it can make an instance incredibly frustrating and that's probably the cause of this thread if we're being real.
    • Like x 2
  12. Brit Loyal Player

Queue as whatever you want to play. Nobody else has the right to tell you what role you must play, unless they're going to be the ones to pay for your subscription. It would be incredibly bias to have some sort of stupid or ridiculous expectation that the game have players who are geared and experienced to play as Tanks and Controllers for Raids, but that those players have to also have fully viable builds as DPS for everything else. The reverse definitely does not appear to be true when the DPS players join into raids and do not have the ability to swap to be Tanks and Controllers when needed.

No. Everyone can use the random queue, and everyone can queue as whatever they want to play.

If YOU specifically want to run Healer + 3 DPS, then it is YOUR responsibility to build your specialized team as a pre-made. It is not the responsibility for every single other player in the game to adjust the way that they use the random queue so they can play to your preferences.

The only matter of queuing that needs to change is that players need to stop queuing up as Support roles, and then being placed into groups while assigned to that Support role, but while refusing to actually toggle over to play the role they queued for. When our 8 man raid group is Healer, Controller, 5 DPS, and then 1 DPS who queued up as a Tank, but has no Tank gear, no Tank Augments, no Tank Artifacts, no Tank Armory, no Tank build, no Tank experience, and no willingness to actually be the Tank, then that guy blocks that spot so that the real Tank cannot be placed into the group. And if anyone else leaves the group, the new replacement will still have no guaruntee of being a Tank, because as far as the game is concerned, that DPS who queued up as Tank IS the Tank and there is no need to search specifically for another Tank.

Play whatever you want to play. But only queue as something that you are willing to play.
    • Like x 8
  13. Proxystar #Perception

It of course raises the obvious question players should think about, yes you can queue as anything you want, yes, nobody has a right to tell you what role you must play,

but at least have some common sense to know what role you should play and when, why on earth someone would go in to an instance and make it harder both for themselves and any other players is truly absurd, for what reason? Seems a little masochistic
    • Like x 1
  14. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

Again, I am sorry, but this really comes down to people chasing the scoreboard AND wanting to just blow through content as fast as they can. I have run CoP many many multiple times as a troll, and in groups containing all four roles, and guess what...working TOGETHER as a TEAM, we got through it. It took us a little longer, but we got through it every time.

Suggestions:
    1) if you really want to have to group make up that you want, then take a little initiative and personal responsibility (I know that is asking a lot) go into LFG and make your own group...that's why it's there
    2) As someone else mentioned, change your role settings so it will only pull you into a group with all the roles, it will guarantee you get into a group with a healer...just have to hope that the people actually play the role they cue up for)
    3) Mirrors number 1 sorta, but don't blind que into alerts and raids.

As you can clearly see, the power is in your hands for the groups that you get into, all you have to do is take (say it with me) INITIATIVE and PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to set up your own groups and not complain and moan when you take the easy way and don't get what you want.

I play DC cause it gives me the freedom to play what I want and how I want, as well as most people. Although, I am a rational person so if you would like to pay my sub fee, and pay me a competitive hourly wage, then I will be more then happy to play however you want me to. Until then......
    • Like x 3
  15. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

This is not how the queue system works. No one is going to take the spot of another role. If you want to be guaranteed to have a healer, try turning "optional roles" off in your settings menu, you will get a controller and a tank though. And it's up to them if they want to switch to dps or not, if they even queued as dps.

According to who? It is the player's decision if they want to spend that extra cash and time on an armory and extra set of gear. Some people only have time to gear for 1 role, or no willingness to be a dps, or it is the alt of someone, deemed not worth of the effort of getting a 2nd role going on. Let's not forget artifacts too, some people abandoned alts because of these, some just abandoned one of the roles from their alt.
    • Like x 3
  16. kingmasternova Loyal Player

How many TC's or stabilizers do you buy? If you buy more then 6$ then you can buy your own.
  17. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Wow for those of you who don't realize how lousy it is to have a Tank or Troll who refuse to do their roles adequately when you could get a better Dps instead I just don't know what to say. And for all those naysayers try running VMF and CoP with 4 Tanks or 4 Trolls. Seriously players like you are why people quit DCUO, the community is toxic and refuse to change their horrible playing habits.
  18. Ryazan Dedicated Player

For not wanting to play a role you have zero interest in? I still have 2 alts as only tank, and I will never dps as them due to how I just can't stand how boring or awkward the dps side of their powers are (besides also needing to gear up, get an armory for each, and level up artifacts). They both perform better as tank and contribute more to the group as whole in that stance, asking me to dps as one of them would make me a burden to the group.
    • Like x 1
  19. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I buy my own sorry. I have alts as Dps, Tank and Healer. I'm not very experienced in Trolling so I don't randomly que up in endlevel content and subject players to that. If you didn't read my thread thanks for your opinion but how about investing in more builds then that are up to your play level?
  20. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

No you can't finish current endgame Alerts with no healer but only a Tank or Controller. How hard was that to understand in my post?