So in this era of increased open world bounties...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by tukuan, Sep 16, 2020.

1. tukuan Devoted Player

Can we get an icon on the mini-map that shows when the phase is at the soft cap (ie you can phase to a group) and then again for the hard cap (you can't phase at all).

Thank you for your consideration
    • Like x 14
  2. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

This is a good idea. So many people shouting in LFG to phase on them but their phase is full. Or people inviting you to their group but their phase is full. It has gotten better as the epidose gets older, but it is still an issue sometimes
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Great suggestion. We are hoping to improve how phasing works or is displayed to players.
    • Like x 11
  4. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Or, since you apparently don’t have the manpower to do so many open world bosses and a second raid, can we go back to the second raid? This is easily my least favorite DLC since I started in 2014. If this DLC is the roadmap for the future, I have to be honest: I will probably need to quit. This isn’t a fun DLC for me.
    • Like x 1
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

This DLC has been a disaster. One raid with two bosses just isn’t on. The idea of doing those open world bosses each week fills me with dread.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Again, we expect to improve things from this first adventure into world bosses. It's not the roadmap for the future, but we are going to do it again and iterate.
    • Like x 8
  7. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Agreed. It's totally boring doing these bounties. Half hour for one round. I liked the BOP bounties. Both are up normally and a group gets them done fast. Metal 2 is bad because you have to wait for synn and nth golem in the same spot. Either have 2 separate spots or spawn both at once. Nothing is more boring standing around in the new episode waiting for a bounty. I don't like the raid. It's slow going with too many trash adds. BOP was a good mix up of a one room raid FB and Clocktower with some challenging adds.

The outside area of patchwork themyscira looks alright and the layout is interesting, but the episode is lacking content. Besides the bounties cause lagging issues, disconnects, it is glitchy and isn't a fun fighting experience. Roles lose out on extra marks and it's all about dps damage. There should of been at least a duo since there wasn't a 2nd raid. I prefer 2 raids.

The mark system is horrible. The cap on EA marks is 999 and the most expensive item is 975. A player should be able to hold all their marks they earn and not forced to spend them.
    • Like x 1
  8. GameIsGreat. Well-Known Player

I doubt 1 person on switch even completed 1 one these.
  9. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I understand the reasoning behind it and trying something different to spice up the game but for me after one weekend dealing with it I wrote it off.
    I know I am in the minority on this but my time and effort is best used elsewhere on leveling other toons for what is still fun or obtaining other feats.
    Running the same thing over and over and over again for hours is not a positive with my gameplay time limited atm.
    I will probably never complete the feats tied to those bounties or get all the items that are also linked to them with the Aethers.
    It's not worth the hassle or the grind.

I just hope it's more finely tuned if/when this style of bounty hunt is used again.
  10. Spartanknight New Player

The best dlc was Justice League Dark. If you guys follow that model things will be better. You get a box and can pick your shoulder augments. The augments go back to being leveled up how they used to be. That was much better. We had three open world bounties, a quick gather mission, three open world side missions, duo, alert, two raids, and two elite raids. That allowed for players to choose open world to get marks or do instances to get marks. The bounties still required a little more than 8 to complete but, nowhere near what is needed now. Amd no timer. That means no lag from all the animations and the bounties can still be completed. Go back to this model. It was the funniest dlc with the most versatility in play style.
    • Like x 2
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

I would think simpler is better. Perhaps a nodule on the map circle in the same relative place that the scanner indicators go. Then just have it change to orange when the phase is at soft-cap and then red at hard-cap.
    • Like x 2
  12. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

The bounties current dlc bounties were fun while i was leveling up to 299, i was like 284 at the start,, but now i get on and try to run just to have the marks to stockpile when they do bonus drops ( the reason why ill never be ahead in combat rating) and its soo hard to get groups that stick around to the hydra, then you get there and the team doesn’t get it done

This has only gotten harder since kids have went back to school i think, im not sure how much of the games base is in k-12 or college but since September its been sorta ruff
  13. Starblast Well-Known Player

Here is my thoughts on this...I do think fighting these bounties is cool and the option that you always get reward marks is a great idea and the patchwork thymesceria really is an awesome location, however I think all open world bounties across the board should receive this currency. This would help alts/newer players get the relative marks or feats. It would get people back in older locations that couldn't get the feats and just increase stuff across stuff to do across the board. Some sort of thing like this would be good I believe. Also, I think a base item drop or something from each bounty would increase people playing as well. I know some bounties like the Central City ones can easily be solod but still some of those early bounties you still had to hunt for or could pop up in several areas so I dunno. that is a thought.
    • Like x 2
  14. Aesthete Well-Known Player

I agree with this except I feel like we should still require episode currency to purchase items as well. Similar to how we need both Splintered Coins and Eathers to obtain elite gear, it should be applied to all items in the next coming DLC's.
    • Like x 1
  15. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Not only that but it's almost 1.5 months into the DLC your serious players have all bounty feats, gen mods ect. Hell I had everything now 4x over. All my 'extra' aethers have been spent helping league mates get their top 2 augs to 23 quicker.

I was done with everything for myself in 10 days and that's not playing on weekends.
  16. Starblast Well-Known Player

yes definitely. it's just I think figuring out how this could work well might be difficult on different levels. i do love revisiting older fun content and bounties so some that can easily be plowed through IE the older ones I'm not sure how you could do as I remember back in the day you would often not get rewards if you didn't do enough damage or hit first. I dunno how they could make it work exactly.

i just am conflicted. lol. it's kind of like a song you always listen to all the time but others you are indifferent too and sometimes others you have to be in the mood. For example...I probably listen to Ace of Base - The Sign and Eddie Money - Take me Home Tonight almost daily. but I digress.
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Eh I'd rather leave DLC currency to the DLC it appeared in, otherwise they will have to adjust the price of items to balance you getting it in more places. I'm sorry but 95/500 is already alot for 1 piece of gear.
  18. Soundwavez New Player

I agree with you man, It kinda sucks
  19. Soundwavez New Player

It makes sense, why don't they do that?
  20. Spartanknight New Player

I was mistaken when i said shoulder augments from the box. I meant generator mods.