Dcuo 2021 New phase

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FlawlessTime, Sep 15, 2020.

1. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I've had friends returned from years away and one of my brothers. They love all the content it's definitely allot to do if you haven't been here in a while or even a new player.

But the two things I've heard is PvP and new powers and nothing new there being done or added. I've told them what the devs have said .

For 2021 what do you guys hope to see and hope the devs can bring into the game .
    • Like x 1
  2. Kanniu Well-Known Player

I feel like the things that most people want are just never coming. Particularly as you've mentioned PVP changes and new powers and some other thing such as the ability to change the colour of the super speed trail. That being said I've seen some good changes come out from the game this year. The Devs seem to be taking in actual feedback that has resulted in a few good changes/additions. I just hope they take in more feedback to make more meaningful changes that will HOPEFULLY extend the game's lifetime and make it more fun.
    • Like x 2
  3. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

I noticed the exact same thing. Despite having a relatively small team for such a huge game enterprise (which I feel should have more budget...it is a DC Universe Game, Gee!) they managed well to listen this last period.

Still in my opinion they concentrate too much on issuing DLC after DLC and do little to nothing to extinct older bugs and QoL issues (like the horrible Feat Log...). Many times people already said they would be content with fewer brand new content in favor of stabilizing the things we have. Here I say it again :D

Greetings
    • Like x 1
  4. Physique Dedicated Player

PvP has always felt like a different game and I've always wondered if it was simply an add-on to the original game design since at the time all MMOs had a PvP element to them to build a market. Since there has never really been a concerted or honest attempt at full play balance between powers, PvP has always felt broken or at least full of exploits which made it fun or unwieldy for a lot of casual players. It has been said (by Mepps) that there are no plans to address PvP at this time. He said that a long, long time ago and I haven't seen anything from the publisher or developer discussions which indicates that this position is going to change. Maybe it will one day but at this point, I feel like it is wishful thinking.

New power sets need to be released in threes: Controller, Tank, Healer. That's always how they were done over time and if a new power set is released, then two others would need to follow. There were a couple which were shelved for different reasons (Serums, for instance). It would be nice to see something different or creative but seeing how power balance still isn't really being done as much as things get mildly nerfed or boosted here and there. Also, taking any other hardlight powers off the table, what else can they do that can't be either simulated with other powers that already exist or by simply adding a singular power to the Iconics tree? These are things that would have to be figured out first.

And the reason I said, "take hardlight out of the equation" is because it had been said that no additional hardlight powers would be added to the game. That might change but at some point the game could easily become Lantern Powers Online if they keep using HL powers to add new powersets to the game.

As for things I'd like to see come into the game for next year, maybe a reintroduction and re-imagining of older trinkets, a fully honest go at absolute play balance (ha!), new locations (Dakotaverse and 25th or 30th century Earth for Legion of Superheroes), and maybe the return of the Joker as a villain focus for year 10. I don't expect to see any of this but, then again, I like to be surprised.
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I hope for 1 last round of powers, 1 for each role. I want developers to do a poll of 5 powers for each role, let us choose. Then go from there.
    • Like x 1
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

They’ve said in the past that a PVP fix would have to take the place of an episode (due to the work involved). That idea used to upset me, but now I would be okay with taking a six to eight month break from this game.
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Not me, not for the sake of PvP a aspect that I dont even play. Especially when dcuo is currently my only game that I realistically play each day. I play borderlands 3 but only if dcuo is down
    • Like x 1
  8. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Id rather see a new power (blue lantern, serums) or weapon (whip) then a DLC

Also dcuo could draw inspiration from apex legend’s wraith & make super speeds Variant where when you click your r3 you become invisible and you have super speed then when you leave movement mode a wormhole appears behind you.

Pvp isn’t really a thing so i dont see how this would be op or anything, and even if it is theres a iconic power that lets you see invisible enemies
  9. Napoleon Well-Known Player

I would like to run the game at a smooth 4k60hz at the very least without drops in fps (I'm looking at you open world.) I'm not overly concerned with updated textures as much as I am with the optimization of what we've already got. I realize it comes down to an outdated game engine, but for a game with 20 million people playing, you think they'd do something about that sooner rather than later.

But than again, I still get told by folks what I'm experiencing is on my end and their game runs "smooth as butter" 1440 @ 144hz, and that's with 10 series nVidia tech on their end and 20 on mine. I even get the same drops in 1080p
  10. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

All good stuff guys I would say for me

* New powers
    *New Legends
    *New QOL improvements, like make seals drop ingame etc
    *Memberships updated and improved also premium improved
    *Update seasonals
    *Monthly special ingame events
    *Story content for our characters
    *Open world update metro and Gotham .

I know I can think of more but not atm lol.
  11. Sledgeroar New Player

i agree with everything said by guys above
    + I would love to have an opportunity to get missed style items like: batman-inspired helmet and two-face-inspired mask