Episode Spotlight: Metal Part II

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

EPISODE SPOTLIGHT: METAL PART II!

Are you working your way to Wonderverse? We have you covered. Revisit Episode 36: Metal Part II for double the rewards at half the cost.

This week – from Thursday, September 10, 2020, through Wednesday, September 16, 2020 – all players will enjoy:
    • DOUBLE Thanagarian Marks when completing instanced or mission content in Metal Part II.
    • 50% discount on Metal Part II gear at vendors.
    Thanagarian Marks are used primarily to purchase gear and rewards from the Metal Part II vendors. Characters must be combat rating 276 or higher to play the episode and participate in the bonus week.

PLEASE NOTE: The episode spotlight will begin this Thursday with daily server restarts and will last through Wednesday to daily server restarts on next Thursday morning.
    • Like x 9
  2. Magnificent Loyal Player

It sure would be nice if these revisits gave increased drop rates for the components needed to craft their OP item.
    • Like x 4
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I know you guys are doing the hangman thing, and that's fun, but it would be nice to know these Episode spotlights a bit in advance (like more than 12 hours). I had 2 toons go out of relevancy for Metal II over the last few days and I probably would have held out a week on moving them up if I knew the spotlight was coming.

I still like the idea of a spotlight, but a few days advance would be appreciated so we can plan. Premiums as well might be on their 2 week lock for loot (I know...poop on premiums), I haven't checked yet. Which would kind of suck if they ran the raids in the last few days.

Not complaints...suggestions.
    • Like x 2
  4. Designated Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

But no higher than CR 308 or you're out of relevancy.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thanagarian Marks have no relevancy.
    • Like x 2
  7. Malivic01 Active Player

The OP is most likely referring to source mark relevancy.

ie, If a character is cr 321, that person is outside of the Birds of Prey, our last dlc's cr source relevancy, which currently is at cr 319, making only this current dlc and only one raid, Fractured God Sphere, viable to farm source marks.
    • Like x 3
  8. Irvynnge Loyal Player

thanks. always thanks. you guys have been proper solid since all this craziness kicked off, &, genuinely, thank you. one question, though, or suggestion. is there any chance that we could have Episode Spotlights on episodes / dlc that no one actually plays any more? Hand of Fate? Origins Crisis? the stuff that you can't get into. give that stuff a boost, rather than just upping the rewards for the stuff that most everyone's still running, anyway? as I say, just a question / suggestion. &, that said, more marks is always a plus, of course, so, again, thankyou.
    • Like x 2
  9. Tygerfyre Committed Player

If a player is that high in CR, I'm still not sure what the point is of denying them the Source Marks. They can't use them to advance further. So why not drop the relevancy window and give them the Marks? Either they don't need them, or they will use them to pick up some styles or items that are also "no longer relevant." Either way, no one is getting an unfair advantage.

Originally when the CR relevance windows went in, it was because they didn't want people farming old instances for marks that could be used to buy end game gear. That is no longer the case.

Give people the Source Marks. They earned them simply by playing the content. Getting rid of the relevancy window would go a long way in terms of user morale and quality of life in the game. It's been a much-hated feature for years that people use as a club (see above post) against the devs. Why not get rid of it and save yourselves the hassle?
    • Like x 2
  10. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Premiums don't have a 2 week lock on loot. Everything resets on Thursday, which is likely why they start the special weeks on Thursday. Everyone should be able to do the content for the double rewards, since all the loot locks reset on server restart this morning.

Also, relevancy only affects Source Marks, not the episode-specific marks. See above discussions.
    • Like x 1
  11. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Not really relevant to me but that's ok because i don't expect every bonus week to be for me and i'm sure it's relevant to someone and it gives me a week to slack off and do other stuff.
    • Like x 3
  12. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

The source marks may be out of relevancy but if you are really worried about Source Marks you should still be running this content anyways. When the next episode comes out, all Than Marks will be converted to source marks. So if you are that worried about Source Marks, you are doing yourself a disservice by not running this content. I always have at least 900 marks to convert when these episodes go completely out of relevancy. Not to mention the hundreds of millions i make from selling vendor auras when I get to close to 999 marks along the way
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

True, but Source Marks do and some people do farm them. Sorry as to any confusion, but I assumed that it would be understood that I was referring to the currency of Source Marks.

[IMG]
  14. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Yup... I think this should happen once an episode reaches a certain "age". Make the drop rate increase exponentially. As it stands, it's impossible to get the OP items for older episodes.
    • Like x 3
  15. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

Are you Premium? I am, and the raids for the Open Episodes I don’t own are 14 days for me. The alerts have 7 day loot locks,
    which is 7 times longer than if I owned it.
  16. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Yes please, I just want my Darkseid Chest :/
    • Like x 1
  17. Siha New Player

I just wish that the episode was open to people below the requisite CR, the way Wonderverse is. I came back recently after many years away, and still working on my CR but I'm nowhere near being able to enjoy this bonus week sadly. :(
    • Like x 1
  18. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

THAT is an attitude I'd love to see more often amongst the community! Showing respect for the need of others in peculiar...not only speaking for their own needs. Second that strongly.

Greetings
    • Like x 2
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Actually Premiums or F2P do have a 2 week lockout on Raids for unowned Episodes. They reset every other Thursday. Now it might be that it's THIS Thursday, but as we have different bonus weeks every week (and thanks for that Devs BTW), one or the other of the weeks will be during lockout if you ran things after reset.

Just so you are aware, for Premiums/F2P on the unowned episodes, resets are every 3 days for Duos, 1 week for Alerts and 2 weeks for raids. These are fixed times, so it might work out that someone's particular reset is the next day or that week, but if run right after reset you'll have to wait the full term.

And yes, I was talking about Source marks, but as I was talking about more advance notice for whatever event we have coming up in general(except sales...I get the low/no notice there), it would apply to things like when they spotlighted JLD and it was already out of episode marks (285+ get nothing)...or if they were to spotlight Metal I and you were edging at 296 a few days before. Not sure why a bit of advance notice would offend you so, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Couple of clarifications:
    • This is a bonus week for on Thanagarian Marks.
    • Members and DLC-owners (premium) reset every Thursday. Non-owners reset every other week right now with Open Episodes.
    • Nothing changes because of the bonus week except for the doubled Thanagarian Marks rewards and the halved Thanagarian Marks prices.
    • Like x 3