Dev Discussion Episode 38: Fractured God Sphere (Raid)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Jul 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BloodIust Active Player

I dont really know where to post this but was it intended to make fgse first boss alnost impossible without lasso artifact? It was manageable before bracer buff but now im out of range of grail using without mercy and i still die not to mention if i y tap i get hit for 200k +
  2. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Well its has been a few weeks since this raid came out and i'm disappointed. In order to beat 1st boss in Elite its mandatory to have at least one aug to level 23.
    Initially I found the concept kind of fun, however as the weeks pass by it became more and more a miss then a hit.
    Currently every elite group is using this augs at level 23 so they can easily beat 1st boss. There is no skill involved or you have the augs and u pass it or you dont and u die. The game already had substantial p2w, with replays, artifacts and even payed feats, but now just hit rock bottom.

If the game wants to make mechanics specific to elite, those said mechanics should only be rewarded for those that completed elite, merit shouldn't be a thing available at the marketplace.

The augs to reach level 23 should be only acquired for those that beat elite content, not the ones with the fatest wallet. Those same elite players should be the ones that have the choice to keep or sell the augs obtained through merit.

If every single elite group required this 23 augs to beat the raid it means that they aren't good enough or maybe the raid is not good enough.
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Agreed, augment elite bonus should only be available by beating elite, so players who beat elite can get the hard feats easily. Right now they are being more of a cash grab for people to spam grail and buy Augment materials on the MP than something that makes content more interesting.
  4. myandria Item Storage

Well, players grouping for the normal raids are starting to not only ask that players have BOTH augments at level 23; they are also asking for CR and SP stats as well. The the grind to max level augments is a slow one, so I don't expect to get into this raid for a long time with a group. I can pug the normal raid, sure, but there is a good chance that many of the team members will not be equipped for it. I will end up pugging the event version and go no further, as there is little chance that my toons will be ready for the Normal Version.
  5. Akaiko Well-Known Player

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but are low-level toons supposed to be clamped at 287 for this raid in event mode?

In the solo and alert, low-level toons are bumped up to 299, but in this raid it's been 287.
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can we have get a few repair bots/stations on the Boss room spawns please?
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Can’t progress in the raid because a Pax Dei guardian SPAWNED OUTSIDE THE MAP!!! So that’s the alert AND the raid. Your NPC spawning algorithm is clearly not doing its job. :mad:
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FgsE Omega-level Pardon

Is the Damage check appearing a 2nd time shortly after the 1st one intended in the Grail fight (~15seconds inbetween), after you break it successfully?

From what i've seen its almost impossible to break it with pure prec dps without orbitals and if it appears again after that short duration it seems to be impossible unless you rely on either broken powersets, Turret pets that are not available atm, EoG spam for infinite SC or Pure Might Dps set up with powersets that provide exceptional strong hitting supercharges like Munition or Water.

Even with rotating 8 Orbitals perfectly this seems rather unrealistic to do and the way it is set up doesn't reflect a 25 point Feat. The 50 second feat in JLD Darkness Rising alert took less crazy group set ups and is awarded 50 feat points.
    • Like x 2
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

We spent time trying it with 1 tank and 2 healers just for gemini spam and things of that nature back when we were all our main powers (2 Gadgets, 1 Elec prec, and 1 Nature DPS). The 3 of us that weren't Nature eventually switched powers because we kept having issues w/ splitting damage on adds w/ the boss w/ the 1 tank strategy we were using, especially on the 5th and 6th DPS check. So we switched to powers w/ hard hitting burst supercharges. After that, we still had consistency issues so someone came up w/ the brilliant idea to 2 tank it, and it became a breeze w/ all of the hard hitting supercharges we had.

However, it was apparent to us after completion that w/ 2 tanks instead of 1 we never really needed to switch, as we did get to the 5th and 6th DPS check a couple of times beforehand and would constantly choke because of either splitting or just not enough burn. And that was without using gemini as DPS's. I suppose the point I'm making is that it's doable even w/o a group stacked w/ 10k SC's. However, that said, you have to still be certain powers, and you have to run gemini for that additional burst on the DPS checks. And you 100% need a healer to gemini spam, so they basically need to be Nature. Going in there w/ straight prec DPS's in my opinion would probably not work unless you were all Rage prec (and I think that would work if they used gemini).

So for the most part I'm in agreement w/ you, however I don't think broken powersets (Nature DPS, which has already been shown), and a group stacked w/ harding hitting supercharges are 100% required. Raving Mad was another 25 point feat that was in a very similar position after its supposed fixes. And it's still the same to this day. At CR, it required everyone to be a meta power, and in the case of that feat, precision or Nature. So, I'm not sure if it's intended or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Regarding first boss (Grail) in the elite version:

Is there any way of having a particular time stamp on the first mind control (MC) phase during Grail fight in the elite version?

By this I mean, you start the fight, and usually the first mind control phase is around the time she first teleports nearer to the group or a group member depending on positioning.

Sometimes either one of several things happen*, which make it really awkward from a DPS side of things (especially if you aren't pure single target). This isn't a big deal if you're pure ST like precision DPS or Quantum Might ST, but if you have heavy AOE damage like Celestial Might or Munitions Might (for example) this can be tricky.

*A) There is no MC phase at all during this part of the fight, and the first MC phase isn't until after the first second omega timer.
    B) Players get MC after the first reflect phase, some time after she has teleported, done her staff slam, and thrown her staff. This is considerably later than the normal time that the MC phase starts.

As there is no red text at the very beginning of the fight to suggest when Grail is thinking about who to mind control, this part of the fight can be very unpredictable. I'm not suggesting that there needs to be red text here, but some fine tuning on the exact timing of when the first 2-3 players get mind controlled during the beginning of the fight.

The subsequent MC phases are fine as they are.

For some reason this has become more unpredictable recently, and MC phases shouldn't be skipped altogether for whatever reason.
  12. General20099 New Player

The Zeus fight gets really laggy. Im on ps4 like so many players and the Zeus fight pretty much becomes unplayable. I'm an elite player and it makes it very difficult to get the raid done. Please look into this. It happens very often.
    • Like x 1
  13. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Happens every DLC, and is particularly bad this DLC. Very similar to the issues posed by Stealth and/or Invisibility. If it's causing wipes, make sure your group isn't using those two abilities, because they will make the lag a lot worse. Usually the lag/frame skips are bearable when there isn't Stealth or Invis in the group. (The lag generally occurs when the tornadoes spawn, when you get turned big, and when the cage phase happens)

Happened with US E when we used to go for Elite Victory, happened in Hive and Machine E whenever you were in there too long just to give a couple of examples, and it will probably happen with this upcoming DLC. Probably not something they can fix on their end, otherwise something surely would have been done by now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.