Wonderverse bounties calculate difficulty by number of players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MiLady, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

But when 15 people die to kalibak and another 15 have to stop burn/heal to pick them up, i see that as a problem. Anymore, I'm saving my supply drop for when that happens instead of using it for burn. But I'm gathering you probably aren't someone who picks up the person beside you.
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I agree, if you dont get in while people are doing it now, you'll get in phases that cant or will barely be able to do these bosses halfway through the DLC' life.

Is why I banged the gen mods 4 elite pieces and feats out before anything else in the DLC. Because look at past DLC even the last DLC. Its nearly impossible to get ppl for the bounties even on reset.
    • Like x 1
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Disagree fully, using your example of 30 ppl (15 dead an 15 alive) theres 2 options:
    1) group scrambles because mechanics werent done and now 1/2 group wiped. This results in a temporary “no burn” while ppl revive
    Result - meh, boss still melts when they stand back up so bottom line was group Couod handle it an u finish with 2-3 min to soare till next boss
    2) everyone laughes at the squishys that didnt do mechanics an they rally an come back
    Result- burn continues while they rally and as normal and again On e they portal back

In eaither case, mechanics arent needed as grouos are large enough to trump the mechanics.
    This of course will be a much dif story when groups arent large enough BUT while they are large enough, doin mecha ics slows down the kill while ignoring them speeds it up.
  4. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Take metal man bat for example:
    If a small group is doing it, you will notice that NO ONE uses a supply drop and tank tanks him away from spores.
    This is because he doesnt soawn adds unless u supply drop AND spores hit too hard. Easy easy.
    Me and a tank buddy (im DPS) have duo’d man bat multiple times. When i die i just rally/repair an fly back an keep burning. No biggie

If a large group is at it, there will so many adds that the adds throttle the servers not the group lol. This is because ppl ignore the mechanics be ause again, the group size overrides the mechanics.

If that analogy is not sufficient its like walking into prime battle ground and ignoring literally everything an solo’n all 4 bosses in under 5 min counting cut scenes. At 316 cr im simply too OP for prime for the mechanics an these spam phases are too OP for the mechanics as well
    • Like x 1
  5. MiLady Well-Known Player

Thank you for your constructive replies. For those who have not yet read the "Server Hotfix - August 20, 2020", here is the link.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/server-hotfix-august-20-2020.311071/

The "fix" to open world bosses in the server fix thread is what concerned me along with the experiences I have had these past few weeks doing the bounties.

"Further tuning to make the World Boss fights scale better for number of players. These changes mostly make the fights a bit easier with lower player counts."
    • Like x 1
  6. Brit Loyal Player

I'm a healer by trade. I already get the short end of the stick, since rewards seem to be strictly based by DPS contributed, so Support players get punished with lesser Aethyr. Which is a bold decision considering that the vast majority of players choose to be DPS, and it is the Support Roles that we're constantly looking for and the Support Roles we should be encouraging players to try.

I drop my Orbital, which I have to do in order to meet the damage threshold, even though it has nothing to do with Healing and I shouldn't have to carry it. But whatever. I do it. I do it even on Hydra, because even though it punishes the group, if I don't do it, then I don't get rewards, and that is hogwash.

If I stop and rally 3-4 players during an encounter, be it Kalibak or Hydra or Murk, I am pretty much guaranteed to see reduced rewards for my efforts. The game says "Thanks for helping your teammates. Since you stopped DPSing, we're only giving you half-Aethyr."

I don't want to sound petty, but when the game is designed in such a way that every attempt to be a good team player results in me being punished and seeing reduced rewards, then I don't have a whole lot of motivation to be a good team player. This Episode has an intentional game design where I'm not supposed to stop DPSing, so I guess that means that all those Melee DPS on Kalibak, or all the silly folks who can't block an Ares stomp, maybe THEY need to change THEIR playstyle so that they stop dying, because I'm not going to give up half my Aethyr so that they can pew-pew-ignore-mechanics more.
    • Like x 2
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed so much here, when explaining why ppl dont do mechanics i never even considered that support roles get boned!!!
    • Like x 1