Special Source Marks Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

SPECIAL SOURCE MARKS WEEK

Bonus Source Marks are back with extras!

This week – from Thursday, August 20, 2020, through Wednesday, August 26, 2020 – all players will enjoy:
    • DOUBLE Source Marks when completing instanced, relevant content across the entire game!
    • 50% discount on gear at the Mechanical Supply Officer!
      • This is the universal vendor that automatically offers your character the appropriate gear upgrades for Source Marks, in your HQ.
    • 25% off Source Marks packs in the Marketplace!
    Get double the currency and then double the rewards as you spend it, this week only!

Source Marks are primarily used to unlock vendor gear through Episode 35.

PLEASE NOTE: The bonus source marks week will begin this Thursday with daily server restarts and will last through Wednesday to daily server restarts on next Thursday morning.
    • Like x 14
  2. HMBoyd Level 30

yess thank you mepps now i can finally get some materials and styles from the old vendors by grinding my alts
    • Like x 1
  3. Lara Committed Player

DCUO World without mepps is a hard world! Thanks mepps :)
    • Like x 1
  4. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Loving these bonus weeks we been getting keep up the great work Mepps and the Devs this is very cool addition to the game
    • Like x 1
  5. Miranda Tate New Player

This is amazing, thanks DCUO!!
    • Like x 1
  6. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

Very good and thanks for addressing this
    • Like x 1
  7. Jcal Dedicated Player

What a strangely restrictive bonus week. Why instanced content only? Instanced content makes up so little of DCUO nowadays. The bulk of our currencies comes from the open world content.

There's gonna be some confused people tomorrow morning, as I can already see on chat that players are glancing over the "Instanced" part.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's quicker for them to just turn On Duty content double source marks than turn on double marks for each individual mission in game.
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Can the devs do anything and not get a complaint? If people can't read, that's their issue.
    Thanks for yet another bonus week that you didn't have to do devs!
    • Like x 5
  10. Control Creed Well-Known Player

This part of the bonus cycle, other than being a week happens once a DLC I believe. Since it's restart any noob should be able to figure it out since you'd do the spam and an instanced.

As far as deductive reasoning, there's only two variables, anyone of reasonable intelligence should be able to figure it out.

If they can't, I find it curious they could possibly figure out any of the mechanics in the game so... they'll ask somebody I'm sure.

If you think this one is "restrictive" wait till you see the one that is only a DLC nobody plays anymore.
  11. Earth742 Well-Known Player

I would like some clarification on what exactly is meant by "relevant content".
    Is it as others have said, 'Alerts Only'? Does it include missions that take you from open world to instanced maps/zones?

Are the HQ Vendors having the sale on all of the gear vendors in HQ that normally take Marks? Or is it only one vendor? What about the Styles for Marks, or Constantine?
  12. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

relevant content = within the required CR range it is listed in the on duty menu for the instance you want to que for. it says that discount is on on Mechanical Supply Officer!
    • DOUBLE Source Marks when completing instanced, relevant content across the entire game!
      • This is the universal vendor that automatically offers your character the appropriate gear upgrades for Source Marks, in your HQ.
  13. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

SPECIAL SOURCE MARKS WEEK

Bonus Source Marks are back with extras!

This week – from Thursday, August 20, 2020, through Wednesday, August 26, 2020 – all players will enjoy:
    • 25% off Source Marks packs in the Marketplace!
    Get double the currency and then double the rewards as you spend it, this week only!

Source Marks are primarily used to unlock vendor gear through Episode 35.

i dont see it say anything about styles or Constantine
  14. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

and "instance" refers to something you have to que for in the on duty menu
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

relevant content is the content within your CR range. instanced means stuff that you queue in to through the On Duty tab - so, solos, duos, alerts, raids, operations. you will not get any extra marks for open world content or bounties.

the discount applies to the gear sold by the Mechanical Supply Officer droids. you will find them in each of the starting point safehouses / nightclubs ( North Burnley, Sheeda's Den, Club Lex / East End PD, Chinatown PD, Little Bohemia PD ). you will not get a discount from any other vendor, including Constantine.

edit. yeah, just seen Primus already said that.
    • Like x 1
  16. Earth742 Well-Known Player

17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It was added in May 2019 when Marks of Victory were renamed Source Marks.
    • Like x 1
  18. Earth742 Well-Known Player

Huh. So I missed it even though I was active at the time. Ok. Stuff happens...
    Well I tried it out last night and got Chloe Queen from CR213 to 231. Completing Mera's Style set was a nice bonus!
  19. TomShepard Active Player

Yh not me though.Just ran alert+solo+raid-not 1 single source mark for me.Its like you guys removed marks instead of doubleing them..should not be surprised tho..last time you had this event same thing happened to me,and now again..
    #dcuoatitsfinest
  20. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

relevant content is the content within your CR range. it will be listed on the instance you are queing for