mother box drop rate

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by thedemonocus, Aug 21, 2020.

1. thedemonocus Loyal Player

This is just ridiculous i have done over 250 bounties and still no mother box,i finally just accepted that i'm never going to get one and bought one off the broker for 30 million. Meanwhile 1 guy in my league only did 50 bounties and got 2 mother boxes. I'm only posting this because i think there might be some kind of bug with the mother box drop rates that lets some players never get one and others get multiple.
    • Like x 3
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

RNG is RNG. You could have a 99% chance of it dropping and never get it. It's highly improbable, but it's possible. I finally got one a few days ago after many...many bounties.
    • Like x 4
  3. PolarisSylar Committed Player

If you on ps4 , there a option , by pressing ' up' arrow on pad . Which gives option in loot threshold. It's on default on uncommon. The list as uncommon, common , legendary, mythic.

On pc , it's a some other Button.
    Switch to the last one for the highest quality. Perhaps it better chance on yall.
  4. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

oh it comes from bounties? time for a crusade then, gonna try my luck ty
    • Like x 1
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It only drops off the Orion bounty
    • Like x 4
  6. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

I was wondering why he always showed up, ty for the tip
  7. RylynneHelm Active Player

got one the other day. almost fell off my couch. i NEVER get the rare stuff!!!!!

sorry JAFIN. when i was told (have bad RNG LUCK talk to the RNG god mepps he can fix that) that is all you need to know. there is NO LUCK in the (luck system) on this game. know enough people past n now to know this is a fact!!!

but sigh...it is what it is...i just thu up in my mouth a little saying that,,,ugh
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Seems to be about the same drop rate as the bat construct which is stronger anyway. I just finished my 100 feats yesterday, got 1 to drop around the 80th run. Another league member got one around 50 and another got one around the same 80 as me. He also got the father box, 5 characters so probably his 15th run of the raid
  9. Jaelia Committed Player

It took me forever I was starting to lose all hope but boom finally got one, you have better chances if you’re not in a group. :D Good luck !
  10. Jcal Dedicated Player

Alright, the Mother Box drop rate is just plain evil.

My first character is going for the bounty feats. Currently at around 60/100. My second character got the Orion feat a couple of days ago. That character is now 30/50. My third character just got the Orion feat right now, so another 25.

More than 100 runs, 0 Mother Box. So frustrating! All of my runs have been solo, not in a group. So that little tid bit really doesn't amount to much. I really want this thing. It's pretty cool and all of my characters lack one of these new advanced combat pets. No Shadow/Construct Bat, no Sea Horse (can't get Sea Salt Lick lol). Damn you RNG!
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I wanted this pet for one of my alts, but after 50 or more kills, I just bought it, making 50 million much faster ....
  12. Brit Loyal Player

I have never had Orion drop anything. Nothing at all.

Given that, as a healer, I do not receive any credit or rewards for the Bounties unless I drop an Orbital Strike. And my Orbital Strike is always on cooldown for Orion, because I use it on Steppenwolf/Kalibak, I don't even know for sure that I "count" as having killed Orion to the degree that I get a chance at the 1% roll. For all I know, I'm intentionally being denied a chance at loot because my healing doesn't deal enough DPS.
  13. thedemonocus Loyal Player

same here,i never get anything rare unless i buy it off the broker
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

...if you believe this, I have a beautiful piece of real estate to sell to you. It's even got it's own bridge on it. Prime spot in New York City...
    • Like x 5
  15. Eve YouTuber

It's so bad I had to buy it off broker. And the Father box is even worse I guess - but I cannot run the raid enough to actually try and get it to drop like Orion. But yeah, It's frustrating.
    • Like x 2
  16. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Try 200+ runs with 0 drops
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

That word, "fact": it does not mean what you think it means.

You're confusing your opinions, based on decidedly limited information, with something provable, which is what a fact is.
    • Like x 1
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What you're referring to is the obsolete system for a leader of a group to choose how the loot in an group is distributed to all. It is not a setting for your individual loot.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/950873-dc-universe-online/65987752
    • Like x 2
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Im prob pushing 300+ confirmed kills an have yet to see it drop.
    It is what it is. Would be nice if things like this were the reward for going above an beyond. Final feat is for 50 kills.
    As an example im at 300+ kills........ too much to ask for at some point there im guaranteed? Like they could even code an i creased drop rate as tour kills go up, meaning the more u kill the better your chances are (not the # of chances but the % drop rate couod increase. I dunno, just a thought but i accept it as is even if i sometimes feel like its insane to not have some of these items.

Another example is canary crys. I currently hold just 26.
    Ran every piece of that content for 2.5 months an counting (i cluding elite and multiple replays). Never missed a day, never nothing. No OP legs for me, not even halfway there. Whats the point? At this rate its about 8 mo ths before i get the OP item an by then its obsolete an worth nothing more than the 3* feat...........
    Again, i think its crazy an things like this should be part of the drop just like the currency (1 canary cry per day is 60 days to have enough. Thats not too much to ask IMO smh). But i accept it. It is what it is.
    Just my thoughts
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Mother Box from Orion/Bounty...Father Box from Grail in the raid. Happy Hunting.
    • Like x 1