Dev Discussion Episode 38: Patchwork Themyscira (open world)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Jul 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I hate doing teeth because I get oneshotted by the Fireball attack half the time but noted. :(
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Then again sometimes Hydra hits me with three fireballs in rapid succession, killing me through block. So if I’m going to die over and over and over anyway, I might as well.
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Didn’t orbital Hydra, got two teeth, group shielding, dumps, debuffs, bottom tier reward. Great.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Another bottom tier reward because I was too busy blocking constant fireballs to contribute very much. :(
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Try moving around to the back. I very very rarely see any fireballs because 99% of the time I'm fighting the Hydra from behind.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Nah, I already try and stay behind it, but it can turn on a dime. It will literally snap around 180 degrees just to hit people with it. Usually me.
  7. E.K.75 New Player

Who came up with the dumb idea to add an auto damaging water effect to the episode? It seems to only affect the villain side.
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm a villain and I have no idea what you're talking about. Could you elaborate?
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I bet he and his little pals are using that blasted amulet. :D
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Lmao if that's what he's referring to then it's gonna be the biggest facepalm. :D
  11. Earth742 Well-Known Player

Something's Wrong. My CR220 villain (sorcery) can't beat the Source-Infused Minotaur sub-boss of the Temples of Source Power Alert; an alert I have beaten with other cr-boosted chars AND chars CR18-31.
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The starting CR doesn't matter because they all get boosted to 299 with the same statsanyway. You'll just have to try changing your tactics and using soders if you can. Try to stay at range and make sure to roll out of the way when it does a charge.
    • Like x 1
  13. Earth742 Well-Known Player

Getting a LOT OF LAG, regardless of where I am in the game; both cities, both hubs, Chaos Gotham, Deluge Central City/Coast City, AND Patchwork Themyscira.
  14. LoganCaron Active Player

I would love for you guys to add an option to choose the scale of the emblems..only two or 3 chest styles gives us big emblems..i know..its not related to your post loll
  15. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Restore the system of if your in a group attacking and beating the bounty, you get full marks. I don't care if some people get loot that stand still or never hit the boss. The option to kick them out of the group for that is good enough. I know plenty of players who step away and the boss was down in no time having them miss out. Or they are trying to do the objective during the fight. Right now you may only be able to get 2 barrels to fire at Ares. Make them spawn right away not half way into the fight or make it so the remaining barrels can be used after boss is beaten, because they disappear quick. This bounty system is laborious and boring. There should of been at least a duo and or another raid.

The nice thing is not having loot locks on each boss and makes gearing up alts easier.
    • Like x 1
  16. TerrifyingTitania New Player

Why did y'all make it so that enemies do damage that bypasses shields? Not only in the open world but throughout the entire episode?
    • Like x 1
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

This has become the norm throughout content in part because shields became much stronger during the revamp a few years back. Not a fan of it either myself, but that's how it is for the moment. "Normal" attacks won't bypass shields, such as those from regular mob enemies. If damage bypasses a shield then it's generally a specific mechanic programmed to do it. These mechanics are usually programmed to do something like 80-90% of your max health, no matter how big or small your Health pool is, regardless of whether or not you have a shield active. I guess it's to encourage people to do mechanics more often and read the on-screen prompts (such as when Steppenwolf is about to do his big attack in the open world and the messaging tells you to either block or dodge it).
    • Like x 1
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Murk needs to spawn faster.
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I am so sick of being randomly killed by fireball. Hydra snaps around 180 degrees in a second and the fireballs have an enormous splash radius. It is physically impossible to avoid it because of how large and agile the Hydra is. And if all three hit you, it kills you through block. This isn’t fun or challenging, it’s just frustrating and humiliating.
    • Like x 2
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Just keep moving around. I could count on one hand how many times a fireball has hit me. It's very easy to avoid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.