Seriously

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RylynneHelm, Aug 16, 2020.

1. RylynneHelm Active Player

Come on, DBG, Seriously, the spark of the skyland. Come on now. Do they ever drop??? or do I have to spend 50 million plus on the broker?? Stop trying to gouge everyone and try building the player base, maybe you would get more money that way.
    • Like x 2
  2. MrPlumberman Active Player

Biggest issue I have with both this catalyst and the new genesis seeds are that previous dlcs each boss in an instance could drop a catalyst but now only last boss drops them. And the drop rates still suck....

Also remember in the past we had 2 raids to run to get catalyst now only one.
    • Like x 4
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

I've got one drop, so far. Just the one, though. Sigh.
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Bear in mind you're complaining that you don't have enough catalysts to complete the OP helm 2 weeks into a DLC, let that sink in a moment, just sayin'
    • Like x 15
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

That's a lot of why ppl hate this DLC because it cant be finished in 3 days like the old/other setup can. It actually takes grinding.
    • Like x 6
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Oh despite that fact I've seen numerous people with the OP helm completed already, some already with full elite gear and the like. If they're going to do that, that's all good and well and that's absolutely their prerogative but I don't ever want to see them on here complaining about boredom and the like because they're authors of their own misfortune.

If you're going to spam content to completion weeks into a DLC release then live with that choice, no complaints and just get on with finding something else to do in game when you've entirely undermined the progression window ;)
    • Like x 9
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You mean you cant just throw your wallet at the screen and make it so?

The audacity.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

The whales are throwing their in game wallets at the catalysts just to have that OP helm :p

Sell em up, make bank off that thirsty desperation to be first :D
  9. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Yup. Bout sums it up.
    • Like x 1
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I'm glad it cant be done in 24 hrs. I've hated the last 6+ DLC' because I have grown bored of them because it's all the same crap nothing fresh. Sure wonderverse isnt 100% fresh but how its delivered is fresh enough to keep my interest.
    • Like x 2
  11. Control Creed Well-Known Player

If by "grinding" you mean standing around trying to get into a phase for 15 minutes... sure, ok.

If you mean like Stryker Island or Ace Chemical or Gotham Wastelands etc... um, no.

The only reason I can't finish it in about 8 minutes is the timers.

If you mean to wait for RNG to drop a catalyst I need and using replay badges to spam it or paying inflated prices on the broker in an economy that is broken because of said RNG rates... I gave up that part of the game a long time ago, for that, is the way of suckers.
    • Like x 2
  12. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Oh for sure, I've finished all of the bounty feats and you wont hear a single complaint from me, because I had fun doing it.
    • Like x 1
  13. RylynneHelm Active Player

it has nothing to do with finishing in a week. i know how this will go for me. same as always. I SIMPLY DONT GET THE DROPS! i run 5 toons every week. 1 so far. i always have to grind all day to make in game money to buy EVERY SUPER,MEGA, ULTRA, EPIC RARE THING THERE IS. IM TIRED!!! i have just stopped trying for the rare stuff anymore. not that i mind the grind. i dont. but when i know the grind will take so long for everything, cus i dont get the drops, sigh...its just not worth the trouble.

they could make more $$$ building back up the player base, then trying to suck us dry like this...
    • Like x 3
  14. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I dont agree 100% with this, indeed it's impossible to please 24/7 replay spammers with new content, but there is always a way to keep players entertained like they did with SM and the Superman event in the past.

If the progression window allows only about 3 daily hours of gameplay in order to not finish the content and be bored for about 2 months and there isn't more endgame content to do while some players are willing to spend 12 hours a day for 4 months straight in the game, then either 1) Something is missing, 2) They are a really low minority who don't deserve a lot of attention from the devs or 3) People shouldn't be spending all their free time on the game. 2 seems unlikely, because the bounty system was designed exactly to keep the players logged in for more hours. While some may say 3 is true (and it may actually be), for a company it's not a great idea to lose customers to other companies and for the game's health it's not ideal to choose having the population play only 3-4 hours a day for 4 months or 12 hours a day for 1 month when they could be playing 12 hours a day for 4 months.

So, in my opnion it's not a matter of blaming people for playing and spamming 24/7 and then running out of content (after all they are probably the ones who kept the lights up in the past years by buying replays), but asking what could be done to keep them entertained and not hurt people who can't run content for more than 2 hours a day.

Went a little lot off topic here :p
    • Like x 1
  15. Brit Loyal Player

I just wish they'd put the darned components on the vendor. If the goal is to keep us playing, then make the OP item components able to be something we can grind for.

I would gladly spend 999 Aethyr to get one Spark of the Skyland. And if there goal of these World Bosses was to give players something to do so that they could play longer, then this would solve it, because I would put in the two hundred hours of grinding World Bosses to actually get the catalysts, instead of the year of running lootlocks waiting for RNG to just be lucky.
    • Like x 6
  16. Proxystar #Perception

My amusement was more at the people that are 2 weeks in to months long content already finished, they're usually pretty quick to make complaints about boredom, not all of them by any means, but certainly a good number of them.

Sure I agree, the more that is in the game to keep people engaged and entertained long term the better, but there are always going to be people that simply are so stuck in the mentality of "must finish now, must finish now" that you'll never stop them, unless of course you remove replay badges entirely (something I'm not actually against, most other MMO's don't even have them).

That being said and something more in line with the topic, I get the frustration with not getting catalysts and if a few months from now people are still struggling then the conversation would likely have more weight and merit to it and even I'd agree with such a complaint, 2 weeks in though, I find it a little too premature :)
    • Like x 3
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Are you sure about the last boss thing? I'm like 95% sure I've gotten New Genesis Seeds off the first boss in the solo. Not sure about the Spark of the Skyland though. I've run the raid four times and gotten two, but never paid attention to who dropped them.
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I really really hope he’s wrong. Like I’m not gonna have enough trouble as it is, having no alert for the first month.
  19. dresserball Dedicated Player

Yeah if the catalyst dropped . . .
    • Like x 1
  20. thedemonocus Loyal Player

They do drop i sold mine for 47 million