Dev Discussion Episode 38: Crypt of Penthesilea (4 Player)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Jul 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Will we be rewarded with all of the coins we missed?...lmao, i know... a hero can dream! :eek:
    • Like x 1
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m more worried about all those New Genesis seeds I could have missed. :(
    • Like x 2
  3. Whodini Well-Known Player

I've been running the event version, at least I'm getting splintered coins....and also avoiding the sheer frustration of the UI disappearing.
    • Like x 1
  4. Whodini Well-Known Player

obviously the UI still disappears, but at least we can power through it
  5. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Please when ever y’all get a chance look into the crypt of Penthesilea alert strictly on the part to Atlantis the whole hub goes crazy and can’t see anything like my health or teammates health my powers and it’s quite annoying but the alert still fun and this is a very much good dlc but would be even better if y’all fix the alert thank you
    • Like x 1
  6. Minotaur38 Active Player

Why so many interruptions from NPC for my attacks? I'm an atomic tank, and during bosses, I need that healing/shield ability. Yet, most of the time, I can't even get past my first attack to set up my chain attack...No shield or with one. This game cheats too much.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Getting this fixed is priority, but it is going to take longer than we'd like due to the nature of it being an issue with the client.
  8. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Thank you for the update.
  9. Templeton Active Player

Same for us, I think the add was either above or below the map, was impossible to reach it so we had to disband and redo it again.
  10. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

This is still happening as of 7 Aug (PS4). This is exactly the same thing that happened when Atlantis was first released, should be the same fix.
  11. AJay083 New Player

Great day wow... I understand that I’m no tech savvy person and won’t pretend like I understand how this works. However I feel this is just being put completely off and considering how much money I spend on this game I deserve that right to rant. Every episode now that comes out there is a problem with a raid or an alert. We use to see the world get shutdown to fix these problems right away. Now we have gotten to where I feel hands just get thrown in the air and we are being told we will get through with what we got. Funny part is let a player find a way to take advantage of the game, we talking bans, certain missions get taken down for those right away hot fixes. There is no client permissions needed for those fixes it just gets done. I still can’t queue Phoenix Canon without fear of getting DC’d. It’s been 2 weeks now and we are still dealing with the crappy back end of this alert. Yet let one of those players find a way to put those flawless exos on the new artifacts or something. We would get how the game going down in 5 mins for a hot fix. This is just silly now
  12. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

Anyone done the Holistic Cryptography feat? Tried 3 times now and did within 18 seconds and no feat. Getting frustrated. Any help would be appreciated
  13. Brav Well-Known Player

Hello Quixotic,

I know you guys are working on the UI issue related to this instance. I didn't see anyone mention the last boss fight as I suppose not many have gotten to experience it entirely with their ui/hud disappearing.

But what I wanted to inquire about is the pools on last boss. What is the internal timer on its' grace period? At the moment it seems really low. As soon as the animation appears it feels like less than a second before it goes off which isn't much time to move off of it.

Most of the time it goes off pretty quickly before you can even walk or roll out of it. This gets pretty frustrating considering players can be in an animation just as it appears and goes off less than a second later. Not to mention its pretty random and you can find yourself surrounded by multiple pools.

Swimming above it makes no difference either. There is also a feat tied to this mechanic but with its' current grace period which almost seems non existent, it would be almost impossible to do unless one is extremely lucky with the pool spawns.

Can this mechanics grace period be looked into and maybe adjusted accordingly to give players a reasonable window to react to it please. Thank you.

Sincerely: Brav
    • Like x 3
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I got killed by one because Poseidon stunned me and softened me up with his Martial Flowers as I mentioned in my first comment here. That sucked.
    • Like x 1
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

+1 to no time to move out of pools especially when getting controlled. Even if u immediately breakout its too late
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Today I got hit by an eruption as I was preparing to roll out of the trident attack. Instant unavoidable death. Did nobody play test this?! Why do I find myself asking this nearly every episode?!
  17. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I agree with the pool, there are time you don't even have time, as soon it appears under your feet, it goes off. Even if you are barely touching it, still effected by it.
  18. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

If you scroll up a little bit, you'll see that Mepps let us know that it is a client issue, and that is why it is taking longer than desired. They are not "putting it off", some fixes just aren't able to be immediate.
  19. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

There's a message that pops up that tells you to stay out of the way of Poseidon's Trident Attack, however, I notice that when I DO move, he follows me. Is this intended? Hard to get out of his way when he adjusts the direction mid attack.
  20. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

The trick to that is to block then roll away.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.