Quark Discount Week

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

QUARK VENDOR WEEK

Quarks, Quarks, Quarks. You can never have too many, but this week you can get by with a few less. All items on the Quark vendors are discounted an additional 20% for ALL players. The special discount is available through August 12, 2020.

Quarks are a special currency found in Time Capsules, and can be spent at the Rewards from Time & Space Vendor (offering special items) and at Booster Gold (offering items from previous Time Capsules). Both vendors (and their discounts!) can be found in your Headquarters.

PLEASE NOTE: The vendor will begin this Thursday with daily server restarts and will last through Wednesday to daily server restarts on next Thursday morning.
    • Like x 8
  2. Tini Bubbles Well-Known Player

OMG I just spend like 500 hahahahaah
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

But I'm still saving for a 5000+ item....

(Not an actual complaint; bonuses/discounts are good.)
    • Like x 2
  4. Clawed Active Player

I was about to spend some. glad I saw this
    • Like x 1
  5. Jcal Dedicated Player

Whoa, how did I miss this? Neat-o. I was looking at some of the older emblems this morning. I'll definitely be picking up a few then.
    • Like x 1
  6. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I honestly do hope this means that these bonus weeks become a regular thing, they are kind of like a nice bonus just for playing the game. Thanks devs! :)
    • Like x 3
  7. Casey Jaymz Active Player

I mean thx but explain to me how this makes sense. The New Flashpoint TC's are available today after shutdown so players will be focused on getting stabilizers to open said TCs so wouldn't it make sense to enable 5x Stabies for this week & enable Quarks next Wednesday? If this makes no sense please don't hesitate to reply with your feedback Mepps.
    • Like x 1
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

A new TC increases Stabilizer Sales. Adding a 5x Stabilizer Event into the mix reduces Stabilizer Sales since people get more stabs for free.
    -> Having both at the same time yields less Stabilizer revenue than having only a new TC introduced.

Adding a Quarks discount when people are opening TCs en masse anyways, incentivices some to buy even more because they "only need a little more quarks for that discounted Material/whatever".
    -> Having both at the same time yields more Stabilizer revenue than having only a new TC introduced.

Also: New DLC -> ppl need new higher IL gear (or at least feel that way). Avatar Bombadier costs Quarks and scales to 272. New TC gear also scales to 272 -> increased sales.
    • Like x 2
  9. an81angel Well-Known Player

REALLY - ARE YOU KIDDING ME - sigh, I'm so disappointed and frustrated.

I just spent ALL of my Quarks 3 days ago before I heard about the new Time Capsule. Could you please give more advanced notice. I don't have a lot of money to spend on TC's so saving up Quarks is not easy.
    • Like x 3
  10. Cordelia Well-Known Player

How about a dumb question?

Do you ever plan to put the collection pieces in the Quark vendor so ****-retentive players can finish the collections?

I like that I can buy the completed items, but I also want to complete the collections. Because I am a freakin' completist. And I want to complete the time capsule collections. Being unable to do so is a nasty itch in this game that cannot be scratched. It's an annoyance that takes some of the fun out of the game.
    • Like x 4
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the 2nd Chance Items are account or character bound.
    If they would sell the collections for quarks, you could theoretically complete the collection and get a tradable rare item in exchange. I think they wanted to prevent that.

Wouldn't mind them adding collections though. I'm still sitting on 11/12 Void Mat collection while already having the feat (couldn't pass on buying a broker-void mat for 10mil lol)
    • Like x 1
  12. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Wow...
    Some people, I think, are wired so negatively that they can't ever find humility.

Thanks devs! Good to see you're still doing the bonus week stuff. It's become like an extra perk, that has certainly been welcome by MOST.
    • Like x 1
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

They are angry at themselves even if they don't wanna admit it :)

If the devs would announce bonus weeks two weeks ahead of schedule, some would complain that they just spent X a day ago and would have otherwisely waited until 15 days later.
    • Like x 1
  14. rimvader Well-Known Player

I understand that concern, but seasonal currency is sold in MP and can be used buy collection and base items that are available once a year and are tradable. Set the quarks prices where a full set of a collection hits around 4000-5000 would balance the rarity of the items.
    • Like x 1
  15. Brit Loyal Player

Cool. I'll have to see what cycles over from the next two Time Capsules that I might not have yet.
  16. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Yeah, I considered mentioning this problem in my post, but I really don't think it's that big a deal. And I wanted to focus on getting the collections done, rather than the associated problems with the reward items.

What you've brought up is the reason I fear we'll never see the collections in the quark vendor, which is a huge disappointment to me. Again, a nasty unscratched itch in this game. It's the primary reason I hate time capsules, to be completely honest.

I doubt I'll spend anything during this quark vendor sale. Unless the collections are put up for sale, I'm just not that interested. But I hope everyone else enjoys it.
  17. Brit Loyal Player

Considering the number of rare things in the time capsules that people literally spend HUNDREDS of dollars trying to get, the alternative of spending five bucks making a second account, turning it premium, running the two minutes of Stabilizers every day, and cashing in all those Stabilizers for Quarks so that you can buy tradable collections with zero RNG and then just trade them to your main, sounds like a pretty good reason for people to stop with buying Time Capsules.

They don't offer them because it would take the RNG out of time capsules. And the RNG is what makes time capsules profittable.

And when it costs almost 6K quarks to buy a No Trade version of the Reward, if you think you're going to get all of the Collection pieces to earn a TRADABLE version for only 4-5K, then you're not doing the math. If they did ever do something like this, buying the Rarest Collection Piece alone would end up costing more than 6K.
  18. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

So does this mean tomorrow for us in europe when you say with the thursday reset? The materials are still the same price still as always I mean.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I spot-checked the quarks vendors and see the discount. Is there a specific item or can you screenshot for me?
    • Like x 1
  20. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

The metallic material still costs 5129,but that's on the second chance vendor so I'm not sure if the discount covers that vendor or not