Up-Votes Needed Gadgets stealth bug

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Requake, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Requake Dedicated Player

Hello

After a bit of playtime with gadgets, i noticed when using EMP clipped with stealth, stealth automatically gets cancelled.
    If lets say you try this with gauss grenade, it works fine.

Seems like a bug to me.
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  3. Requake Dedicated Player

I read:

Also, players must be cautious of clipping other abilities with Stealth. Several abilities will automatically negate the Stealth form if the player clips too aggressively even with the mod equipped. It is suggested to wait a second after an ability cast before engaging Stealth.

I would think if the damage lands after you go into stealth that you immediately would be unstealthed, but for example EMP’s dmg is front loaded.

Why are some abilities treated like this?
    Either fix this, or explain this to me, preferably someone with insight of the game and its mechanics.
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You may want to ask Penryn directly in that thread. He’s usually pretty good about responding and if it isn’t obvious by the guide, he has quite a long history of knowing and understanding the nuts and bolts of gadgets and keeping up with all the changes that have happened over the years. I highly doubt you’ll get a developer to answer your question. Explaining things that are already working as intended tends not to be prioritized over things that are broken or new DLC growing pains.

I do understand your frustration though. I recently swapped my Venom Wrist artifact for the Grimorium in part because I wanted more freedom in my loadout and rotation as opposed to centering everything around maximizing the VWD’s 6 second buff. But Stealth’s wacky mechanics ended up shooting down damn near every idea I had.

I do know one thing. With myself being mostly just a PVE player and only having been playing for almost three years, there have been several times where I’ve encountered limitations or other issues with mechanics that made absolutely no sense to me until someone explained why the thing in question would be bad for PVP and/or that it was something that was being exploited in PVP at some point until the devs shut that cheese down. For example, it irked me forever that despite sharing the same cooldown, neural neutralizer cancels stealth. There are a lot of scenarios where environmental damage and/or CC’s interrupted stealth so you’d want to “protect” it so that you have time to cast a power, which is a good and widely used strategy. But despite distract, hard light shield and even personal dampening fields being clippable with stealth The one shield at your disposal that matches the cooldown isn’t an option. It seemed really dumb to me until someone reminded me of the close-quarters stun factor and how it could be used along with stealth and the improved stealth hand mod to create an unfair advantage in duels.

Aside from that, if Penryn has any insight to share about the history of this odd mechanic I’d be as interested to hear about it as you are.
  5. Requake Dedicated Player

Idk, still seems like a bug to me..

This could become a bit clearer if we would have a decent description somehow.

I tested a couple of powers;

Gadget powers like Vortex cannon, Gauss grenade, Paralyzing dart, Stasis field don't cancel stealth. Powers like EMP, Cryofoam do cancel stealth.

Non-gadget powers like sonic cry do not cancel stealth either.

FYI and I'm just emphasizing this, I'm talking about clipping the mentioned power with stealth, not that it breaks you out of stealth.

I don't see the reason why one does and the other one doesn't.
    DoT powers I could understand, like cryofoam. Or if EMP wouldn't be frontloaded on damage.

I guess there's no point in this thread as there literally 0 involvement or people caring about mechanics like this, even if it's only a 1-5% increase.