Dev Discussion Episode 38: Temples of Source Power (Solo(s))

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Jul 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

Thanks for playing the Temples of Source Power (Solo(s))

Please leave any feedback, issues, or bugs you find.

There are four Temples of Source Power across Themyscira. Queuing through the On Duty Menu will randomly choose one of the following:
    • Temple of Aphrodite
    • Temple of Athena
    • Shrine of Hippolya
    • Temple of Hera
    Once you've successfully completed the first Solo, you will also have the option of using Walk-In teleporters in Patchwork Themyscira so you can choose the Solo of your choice. Each Solo gives a unique resource.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  2. Eve YouTuber

When I ran Temple of Aphrodite (My first run) I noticed that Grail's attack when she respawns with the motherbox doesn't always hit me.
    3 times I haven't gotten any hit at all. Later I started getting hit by it. I will try again soon later to see if It's still going.
    • Like x 1
  3. Millbarge Developer

Is it possible you are dodging out of the way? When Grail blinks, she stays facing in that direction - and you can dodge out of the cone attack.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  4. Eve YouTuber

I didn't dodge no, I was also in Gorilla form and was focused on dpsing so I didn't move from Grail's direction. But I will try run it again and record it so if it happens again you can see it.
    • Like x 1
  5. NibellaRin Active Player

These are fun. I'm thrilled to have solos to do again instead of waiting for every other dlc. I also like that there is variety and that they are walk-in. I'd love to see more like this in future dlc's. Also maybe you can bring back multiple duos that are walk-ins like in the Sons of Trigon dlc?
    • Like x 1
  6. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I have noticed a couple of times I was hit by an elemental attack by the mid boss fight and there was nothing showing. I only caught it by looking at my combat logs trying to figure out what hit me (either ko'ing me or almost ko'ing me). I can't remember which instances it was in though but it did happen in 2 different ones.

Also when using the toggle for the scene skip when I get to the mid boss or Grail sometimes I don't have any targeting on either until I attack and randomly hit them or an accompanying WW attacks first.

Not game breakers though just more like irritations.

But that Mother Box is a royal pain sometimes.
    • Like x 1
  7. MiLady Well-Known Player

So far, the random generator for which solo seems to be skewed to Aphrodite (Green crystals). Out of 20 runs, I only had 2 different ones. Is this to be expected? Also are all 1st time solo runs Aphrodite?

2) I noticed when I disable video, the bosses (Minotaur and Grail) are not targetable until I become within 7 meters.

3) The Minotaur fight has a heal barrel, but I do not see one for Grail. Is this correct?

By the way, thanks for adding multiple solos. It helps with accounts with multiple alts.
    • Like x 1
  8. HarryHell Well-Known Player

The healing crystal sometimes (often) spawn on top of repair-vendor, being almost impossble to pick up.
    Think it is only the crystal intended for the Grail fight that does this, meaning when it happens there is no crystal at the last boss.
    • Like x 1
  9. Earth742 Well-Known Player

1. THIS:

I have done over 24 of these alerts and I got Aphrodite's Temple every time. Even on the few alts that are doing it for their 2nd, 3rd time, and no option to disable video/cutscenes yet.

I was Wondering that...

..aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand then there's this:
    Something's Wrong. My CR220 villain (sorcery) can't beat the Source-Infused Minotaur sub-boss of the Temples of Source Power Alert; an alert I have beaten with other cr-boosted chars AND chars CR18-31. And yes, I am very aware of the EVENT boosting all chars not yet at 299, to 299.
    I think I've gotten used to the 'mechanics' of these fights, and so I know what to expect.
    I have swapped out a few powers but i am still not doing enough damage, AND i still get snapped like a discount Slim Jim.
  10. Blackhole1st New Player

It was a little bit of a problem to beat grail an the minatour for me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.