Grind complainers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Original Cryo boy, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I’m truly confused by you. One of my worries with this game is a lack of things to do in general. It’s one of the things that will make me take long breaks from this game so that multiple dlcs come out before I come back. Once you reach top cr it becomes a cycle where unless you are feat grinding with your friends all you actually have to do on each character is run the new solo, alerts and dailies and then you were basically done for the day. Switch toons and do it again. You were literally out of content to run in BoP after an hour even if you had 3 toons.

So I’m thoroughly confused now that there’s actually a dlc that’s gives us a grind that there’s complaining. What would you be doing with your time otherwise? Running your alt through the alert and dailies and then signing off? You can always be doing something to make your toon stronger in this dlc. That’s a good thing. The alternative is way worse. The only reason some of you feel like you can’t have alts is because you feel like you have to have everything day one. They are alts. Get to them when you are done on your mains. I’d rather have 2 months of stuff to do on my main and then 2 months of stuff to do on my alt rather than easy peasy content that I knock out on 3 toons in an hour and then have nothing left to do.
    • Like x 4
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea people complaining on the first week shouldn't be taken seriously.
    If in a month things are still that bad, then we'll talk.
    People just want it all immediately, so they work themselves up in their own head, instead of actually playing and enjoying the game.
    • Like x 3
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i don't mind a good grind. all for it. i can be very ocd about certain things. i love makings lists and following them through. very satisfying to me.

i do mind an "artificial grind", especially when rng is involved.

i havent even looked over the feat list for this dlc~dont know whats what yet...the feats ive popped so far have all been incidental to finishing content.

i will say all the empyrean marks needed for the special stuff sounds exhausting.
    • Like x 1
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I bet your math or accounting teachers loved you... or rather loved failing you.

Do you run alts? At high levels? Have you actually added up what the cost of the items would be to fully kit out both DPS and role side of one toon, let alone a second one even if only in the role side?

Artifacts were bad enough... now this.
    • Like x 5
  5. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Ok.....Most video games now are a capitalistic businessman's paradise and we shouldn't be playing any of them.

But I didnt wanna be "that guy".
    Good luck telling any business to "make it easier for us to give you less of our money and time."

MMOs have always been about patience and grinding. I have a tank troll and heal alt that I bought my SP on with replays, after awhile some starting lacking, that's just how it is.

People aren't releasing DLC then going "Omg.....did you know these guys think it's a bit excessive?"

It's done intentionally, because they have to work on the next set of content and a bunch of other reasons.
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not to be pedantic, but isn't all of the grind in this game artificial??? Whether it's the cost of the gear, amount of renown needed, counter feats!??!
  7. Darth Piper Loyal Player

So you are suggesting that people stop running alts... stop running both roles... and specialize in exactly one thing,,, I’m not asking for a handout, because I am not saying to eliminate the grind. I am asking for a little relief for those of us who don’t “only DPS.” I am asking for those of us who choose to be a little more varied in play, both role and character wise, to get some consideration.
    • Like x 2
  8. August Moon Well-Known Player

After you run your dailies and instances on all your characters what do you do next? sit in the watch tower? little bohemia? there was literally nothing to do in the past , this now gives you something worth meaning to work towards and if you dont want to then dont. we never had elite weapons ,necks and rings before so youre perfectly fine without having one now
    • Like x 2
  9. Whodini Well-Known Player

MMOs are supposed to be pretty grindy...however, I like having a set number of things to do before I am done for the day. The reason being is that it gives me a logical stopping point and I cn go about my real world activities. With the never ending Bounty grinding going on, I feel as if I'm falling behind.

Then again it is a choice of how long to play. I guess I don't mind if others want to or are able to play more. I wish it didn't take 30 players to make it to and defeat the Hydra though lol.
    • Like x 3
  10. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Let me add one more thing for consideration... the elephant in the room that nobody mentions... speed hackers. This extensive grind with no relief is going to encourage more people to do it, use them, and/or seek them out. Until you get a grip on speed hackers, you will always and forever have a problem with people finishing up stuff in a week and then complaining they have nothing to do.
    • Like x 1
  11. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Non issue. Literally effects you in no way. Speed hackers existed before and after a dlc was made with things to do beyond dailies. The things people are making issues out of to avoid a grind that is very standard in other mmos is legitimately boggling to me.
    • Like x 1
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

My only concern is being able to get the stuff at all. If 1-2 cycles a day is enough to get everything done before next episode that’s fine by me.
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

We've had that for how long now??? And all people have done is consistently complained that they do their dailies on all their toons and in less than an hour they're done and have no reason to stay logged on (if they've already done their raids on reset day). I've read those complaints both here and on Facebook for years now. So now we get the opposite complaint?!!? o_O

Also, how can you even possibly feel like you're falling behind today....day 3 of release??? You haven't even had a full week of running this content to be feeling like this already. This kind of exaggerated feedback will have us back on the same dull grind we had before which people have been complaining about for years.
    • Like x 1
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Why does it need to be done before next episode??? What's the race??? Do we even know when exactly the next episode drops??? Without that information why are people panicking like they won't finish anything, as if the content will magically disappear (for Premiums and Members I mean, since FTP is a separate thing altogether)?!!?
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Because I don’t have infinite time to play, so I more or less draw a line under an episode when the next one releases. I doubt I’m the only one.
    • Like x 1
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

So the Devs should ignore the "nothing to do in the game" complaints they have received for years in order to continue pleasing those who want to be in and out?!!? The Episode is barely 3 days old...can we give it a month so that we all have a chance to settle in with it and see where adjustments need to be made??? Or scrap it and essentially point to threads like this when people wonder why we can't get anything different? Because believe me, the second they go back to the same old same old and someone complains i'll be more than happy to point them to this thread and all the others that may pop up in less than a full week.
    • Like x 3
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

But wouldn't it be nice to not HAVE to run every day for a few hours (many people run more than 3 toons) for 2 months? I grind as hard as anyone because I choose to...not because I have to...until now. With high mark prices, feats that will take a year without spamming and open world bosses on a 40 min timer (meaning you miss one, you either blow it off, or wait 40 min for the next round)...bosses which also require being in a group so you can get in a high pop phase...have increased the 'must' part of the grind...which makes it more grindy.

Previous dlcs I played about 4-6 hours a day to get 12 toons through the minimal content (weekly bounties and dailies) with a few dipping into Metal 1 and 2 or other optional content, a bit more during summer seasonal. The last few days I was on 4-6 hours just getting 6 toons through the weekly bounties and 2 sets of dailies....no raids, no non-wonderverse content. Maybe we are speaking too early...maybe the grind will ease as people get more accustomed to the content, but as of now it feels way grind-ier. I am not one of those 'I want my elite on day 1 people....I have no problem working through a normal grind, but so far this feels oppressive.
    • Like x 1
  18. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Bottom line up front is..yes it is a grind but after this weekend, will we see massive groups fighting bisses? Probably not! I have 5 full cycles to run b4 im done with op head...grind your main NOW! Alts will prob be left behind...:eek: get both augs up to receive the extra rewards for both....stick it out...drink caffeine! Lmao!
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but how many of the 'nothing to do' people are grinding 1 or 2 toons to endgame gear in 2 or 3 days by using replays and spamming? I have never posted (nor would I) 'I have nothing to do' for the record, so point away. I have lots to do and limited time to do it, so making each piece of it take 2 or 3x as long is where the issue comes in.

I will also go on record saying this hurts DI more than anything as it impacts alts...alts need augments, seals, xp, replays...whatever. As people are forced to drop their alts, those things get sold less. Until you see them put an 'aether' cache in the MP....if that happens I think we all know things are going as planned.
    • Like x 2
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I haven’t indicated anything should be changed, because it’s too early to tell. I was merely stating my preferences.
    • Like x 2