Episode currencies

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrStoob, Aug 1, 2020.

1. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Sooo thinking ahead...

Obviously, the Metal 1 currency just expired and we could change our left overs to Source Marks. Groovy. Right now, the SM are well more useful to me - I'm just glad I got the OP Neck completed before now as I was using Metal Coins rather than SM.

But with Wonderverse having two unique currencies, will both expire in a couple of episodes time? Future users being required to obtain 975 SM to complete the OP Helmet would seem somewhat extreme. Or will Empyrean Aether remain beyond the normal life cycle?

Thanks.

PS: Still got these Qwardian Crowns hanging around...?
    • Like x 2
  2. Eve YouTuber

I'm curious as well but it wasn't confirmed if both going to become source marks or the bosses currency will remain a unique currency.

The Qwardian Crowns are from the anniversary event. Save them for the new rewards :)
    • Like x 2
  3. MrStoob Well-Known Player

So the Anti-Monitor (?) stuff will return at some point?
  4. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Yes, every January as it's part of the Anniversary Event.
    • Like x 2
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Not complaining because I still manage to find ways to use these but What about the Tributes we get from The death of Superman stuff? At CR 262 the open world along with the solo challenge and raid stop handing you source marks. Now this stuff came out way back before the Teen Titan DLC went live. It was sort of an event but unlike any other it never goes away.. in other words it can be played day after day all year long (you know kind of like a DLC not a holiday event).

Now add in the fact that I can not even remember when they added anything new that a player can purchase with them and just what do with do with that currency? MY SOLUTION? I've used the piles of them I accumulated when they were still giving me source marks as well and every alt I have has all the Collectables you can only get from the vendor.. They all own all the furniture that can only be bought from the vendor.. Okay so a few newer ones don't have the Superman Emblem since they stopped selling it

Now to the DEV team please do not take this as a request/demand to do away with tributes as mentioned I still find ways to use them and hey even the normal collectable get finished faster if you have say 8 alts doing missions and handing them to that one new alt that still needs some. JUST making a point LOL
    • Like x 1
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

The splintered coins in the DLCs main currency so it will be the 1 to expire
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Every January! :D
    • Like x 1
  8. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Ah, cool. I only started playing again in January so wasn't aware it was seasonal.