Dev Discussion Episode 38: Patchwork Themyscira (open world)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Jul 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSapphire Well-Known Player

There is definitely inconsistency with the bosses. I see 25+ people fighting a boss and they can't beat it. Increase that to around 40 and the thing melts. I get that some folks are ignoring the large red letters on the screen saying BLOCK and dead dps mean no dps, but the equivalent of three raid groups should be able to beat these things.

Murk is not giving me a reward on a failed attempt. I am doing plenty of everything but no reward. The adds do not despawn until the Ares fight begins and even Murk just stands there until Ares spawns.

I do not know how difficult the adds are supposed to be in these fights. The sorcerers and elementals that assist Murk feel way too strong as do the skeletons from Hydra. We are getting one-shot by these adds. By contrast, the adds in the Ares, Athena and Kalibak/Steppenwolf fights are easy enough to take out as a side objective.
    • Like x 4
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

For #1, there are dozens of phases at any given time. They load as needed. Seeing the imbalance is related to #3, which we're tackling.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just to clear up any confusion, every phase spawns the same bosses at the same real-world time. The cycles start on the hour and half hour. There is no reason to phase to "where the bosses are up" since the bosses are up everywhere. That people are phasing like that is only exacerbating issues, so we're working on a solution.

For the open world, the bosses scale based on number of players present, and we're fine-tuning that scaling looking at the live behavior/data. So it is automatically doing that, effectively. This will improve as we go.

For the instanced raid, totally agree that that is a great idea.
    • Like x 1
  4. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Wow... sorry about that, didn't know. I'm on PC, it's a little different with that kinda thing over here.

Sounds rough. I used to be on PSN, I remember.
  5. Reverse~Reverse Flash Active Player

I think Patchwork Themyscira needed its own Unity Faction Hero/Villains Working together Communication Yellow Names Instead of the Purple/Red Names, Dosent Feel like a MMORPG when the Purple Names Walk over your Dead Body
  6. Miss Adora Loyal Player

lol when I'm on my villain, I'll kick some dirt in your face to help wake you up.
    • Like x 2
  7. Aesthete Well-Known Player

Is there any possible way we could hide players? The lag is so bad the bosses aren't even loading and I can't get any rewards due to me not being able to attack what's not there. It's seriously dampening my experience with this new open world.
  8. JackFrost Developer

A patch to resolve this is forthcoming, but may not make it out this weekend. Sorry about that!
    • Like x 2
  9. Mr. Ninjafeet Active Player

Yeah, I'm taking a break from the game. If this open world content undergoes some SERIOUS rework I'll be back. Best of luck all.
    • Like x 1
  10. Twincam Well-Known Player

Would also be amazing for Instanced Alerts and Duos :)
  11. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

Is that why it's called "Patchwork Themyscira"?
  12. Nezquick Level 30

Can we get an official notice on whether additional hardware is going to be implemented to help sustain more populated phases or can you start capping phases since you’ve nerfed the bosses. No reason why we there shouldn’t be more active phases
    • Like x 1
  13. Terror-Go-Round New Player

Problem with open world bosses: as it stands, the only way to complete these boss missions is to join a spam phase, which has upwards of 100 toons in it at a time. I have crashed numerous times because of this, and the lag makes gameplay almost untenable.
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

Man, did they ever cap the phases. Good luck getting a sustained bounty farm going. Today was awful. Even if I missed the occasional boss in the past few days, the ease of getting consistent wins on the others more than made up for this awfulness.
  15. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Plane for apokoliptik raid is NOT registering!
  16. Proxystar #Perception

two things I'd like to see changed with the open world bounties.

1. Now that you've introduced a hard cap on the phase, it prevents players even in group from phasing, this is fine and certainly desirable from a game performance perspective, I know people loved those massive groups of people but the actual game experience stemming from it was terrible, so its the right decision. However, this has the inadvertant side affect of creating a player experience annoyance where if you're forming a group either randomly or especially league members you might not be able to all get in a phase together and you're stuck all looking for a compatible new one.

Could we please have a number at the top right of the screen showing the phase capacity for example 90/100 etc so we can see how full the phase is.

2. Can we get a graphical indicator on the UI to show when we have met the participation requirements, this could simply be a red coloured and green coloured symbol of some nature, could even be up by the minimap that is red when we haven't met requirements and is green when we have, so that we know exactly that we've done enough to be rewarded.

Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

And maybe make the bosses actually beatable for a small group (eg 8-12) so it’s not completely devastating if you crash and can’t get back into your phase.

Every episode you find some new way to utterly frustrate me.

:( :mad: :(
  18. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

...got this feat finally...timing was just wrong...lol
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I love being killed before a boss even renders, losing 12 marks. I could have respawned and reentered but I might have crashed and not been able to get back into my phase. I’m starting to wish we just got another raid.
  20. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Does the broken alert happen on PS4 Pro as well?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.