The Grind

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Darth Piper, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Darth Piper Loyal Player

The amount of grinding necessary is rather excessive, and there appears to be no relief of any kind when it comes to leveling up the OP item for multi-role use as well, never mind acquiring all of the elite accessories.

Sadly, after about 3-4 we are going to star seeing people complain about how there aren’t any tanks around any more... even more so than we have seen up to now.

Yes, I appreciate the idea that it extends the DLC... but many people (myself included) enjoy running alts through high level content for a change of pace. It’s going to be difficult to do that now.
    • Like x 5
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Why are we doing this fake grind again? I thought we moved away from that? I believe the Monster Invasion was the last like this and it was bad also.

The amount of marks needed to complete all this is bogus. Not to mention 1 raid.

Been grinding these bosses all day. My frame rate on PS4 for the bosses is like 5 per sec, lol. Not to mention leaguemates getting DC'd because you put 1 teleporter by each boss.

Tomorrow we are gonna try something that might break the server. We are going to make an 8 man group and find a good populated phase. Break group and try to build a 64man group. Hope the servers can handle it. :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

The grind is real.
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Alts were already lined up against the wall with artifacts. This episode is the firing squad loading up their weapons. I'm just waiting to see what they come up with next to put them down for good
    • Like x 7
  5. AV Loyal Player

It's a liiiiiitle extreme. It's not even dual-role friendly and it basically takes alts behind a shed and beats em with a hose.
    • Like x 9
  6. Daniel101773 New Player

We had that earlier, about 70 people in 1 phase, and NO it could not handle it because if you died in one of the fights, you crashed.
  7. Darth Piper Loyal Player

The title of this was “Kiss having max level alts goodbye”... and I meant it to be that.
    • Like x 6
  8. AV Loyal Player

It's also not ideal cuz you'll sometimes not be able to target the boss to land full hits and end up with 5 aether instead of 8.
    • Like x 1
  9. Rainnifer Committed Player

Can you get 8? The most my league mates and I have ever gotten was 6. It said Top Tier reward so I figured that was the highest.
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

You get 8 if you get both Adaptive Augments to Rank 3. The Rank 3 buff gives +1 EA when doing the Bounties
    • Like x 3
  11. Cajaritotutututu Well-Known Player

Personally i don't think the grinding is excessive, but it certainly makes progression of alters much much harder.
    It is already painfull and expensive to lvl up artifacts on alters, and now this.
    Althought i like the new progression system, since per round i could gatter 46 marks (i feed my secondary role old augments to the new ones, that's why i get 2 extras), i see that now is basically impossible to keep up more than 1 characters.
    Maybe this new currency could be account bound? (i don't see any harm on it, at the end u still have to beat all the bosses)
  12. Rainnifer Committed Player

That makes sense, thanks. So I have been getting the max, wont bother to fully upgrade those any time soon like the rest of the adaptive augments. Breakthroughs are stressful.
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

One of the good things about the Augment change is that you wont have to to a Breakthrough for these new ones until Rank 11. The 3 Ranks before Rank 12 are given for free with no breakthrough and those 3 Ranks are for the Outdoor content. Like one of them is lowering the damage from Hydra's Ichor
    • Like x 2
  14. Rainnifer Committed Player

I never knew that, that's better than nothing, though that might be part of the reason they make it require only episode specific exobytes to level them.
    • Like x 1
  15. MiLady Well-Known Player

This DLC is definitely not alt friendly. The 4 daily missions have us get 30 pts instead of the usual 5-8 pts. (This includes KO adds or activating some device). To do all 4 with my vault take about 18 minutes to finish. Multiply that with the number of alts you run and before you know it, a full day passes. Forget about the weekly boss missions. Defeat 4/5 bosses within 5 minutes, that alone is 20-25 minutes per alt. Other than that, the artwork and the increased fps=60 are nice.
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

Doing your Dailies and your 4 Bounties together cuts the time down. Doing them Separately isnt time efficient. Now defeating the 4 and even hydra will be a gambler's bet for the time being until the Devs readjust the outdoor stuff from this weekend's play time on live servers.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Got 12 last night.
  18. Rainnifer Committed Player

From a regular boss? Or was that from the Hydra, Hydra gives 12 I believe, 6 for failing.
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ah, yes...Hydra. Didn't know it was on a different scale.
  20. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I believe this was done in effort to fix the common complaint of "Not having anything to do" after the first couple of weeks, because players smash through everything as fast as possible and then complain that they're bored.
    • Like x 4