It's Electric!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Kimone, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

So, after a few days of actual, concentrated effort on my behalf, my Electric character is finally approaching end-of-game CR. I have potentially 350 ish SP on her (moving them over from my main w/ Replays) - I spent a little of that time (and pretty much every Source Mark on my other four alts) getting a Strat / Trans combo to level 80 (well, 99) since it recommends itself as an Artifact base pair for both DPS and Healer.

So, basically, I'm looking for pros and cons among Artifacts to make up the third in those two Roles.

I don't really need Precision DPS suggestions (I already have VWDF 80'd out and "we've met") but I'm running a Might DPS Armory, as well as Healer (because "contribute" yo). So yeah.

Right now I'm running Tetra as my third Might Artifact - I'm not planning to incorporate Heat Vision into my Rotation, so I'm not really looking at Solar either. Basically my question is "Has anyone tried La Mort and is it worth two craps?"

Don't really feel like Grim because I'm not planning on 200ing it and unless I do, the power drain on Electric is too heavy to be missing 25% of it.

Regarding Healer, I've got a Page of Destiny, but I haven't bulked it up yet. Are there "good" or "essential" healer Artifacts, or should I just round my level 52 Fang up to proc range and call it a day?

So yeah. Inquiring minds yo.
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

For electric, I suggest transformation and strategist for both healer and dps, as you're already working on. Those 2, self explanatory.

Healer using demon fang as 3rd, hybrid build. I can generally control my power very easily, with the exception of groups that require me to heal excessively because of a couple weaker players that are hard to keep alive. I have solo healed elite content with no power issues using this setup, and with your SP, you're practically set.

Dps using solar amp, let's face it, the might stat alone is great, but coupled with actually using heat vision in your aoe loadout (making it even better), and the fact that at 200 your ionic drain (and heat vision) cannot be interrupted, makes it well worth it for a ST loadout as well.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mistawizard New Player

Page of Destiny is the best healing artifact in the game so I’d try and level that one up, it makes healing super easy. As for dps, scrap of the soul cloak or solar would probably be the 2 I’d chose from
  4. L T Devoted Player

Lamort is good, but single target. What makes it good is the big proc when your target hits 35% health-- which makes it hard to see how good it is on a sparring target. Solar amp is probably better overall because it's AOE+single target, but Lamort is decent for what it is.
    You don't actually need to run robot sidekick for Grim to be useful, but as you'll want to run with arc lightning or vbolt anyway Grim isn't as useful for Electric as it would be for other power sets.
    Page is very good. Fang gives a lot of raw restoration, and the power return is great when you've just healed a big burst of damage. I personally don't like the Orb paired with Electric-- you don't need the extra burst healing and it tends to drain your power bar.

Other options -- Soul Cloak + Eye of Gemini combo is still decent for Electric DPS and Healing. You can't spam your shield supercharge, but you can get a couple of uses out of it per fight, and extra uptime on Circuit Breaker is more than moderately awesome.
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

As mentioned above, Page is really good for healing, but the primary benefit is the revivify on it (which bio cap already has). The fang has really high raw restoration and power return, which is why for electric, I suggest that above others.
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I'm considering using Purple Healing Ray with Trans and Strat.
    • Like x 2
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I am, myself, quite curious as to how well this artifact will perform with Electric and Celestial.
    • Like x 1
  8. AD Leo Well-Known Player

On my DPS I'm using Solar/Strat/Trans or Scrap. Solar is a must have for Electric because it's single target is not great and at 160 the extra DoT makes it even more valuable besides the raw might stats. On my healer I have Trans/Scrap/Eye and my other armoury has Strat/Trans/Page. Electric is burst healing and the Strat gives a little HoT starting at 120 or 160 don't remember. Electric is weird because AOE it's top 2 but Single target it's bottom 2. I personally don't try to make it stronger on ST just to make it ok on AOE. Play to it's strength and you'll be fine.
  9. L T Devoted Player

me too
    • Like x 1
  10. L T Devoted Player

On test, it seems better than page of destiny with electric-- though that's with limited open world healing runs
    • Like x 1
  11. AD Leo Well-Known Player

And while the Lamort makes it better on ST, you have to ask yourself how many boss fights are there without many adds? Not many.
  12. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Actually electric single target does pretty well. I personally wouldn't put it at bottom 2.
    Using solar and ionic drain, Arc and Tesla, rsk, CB, I do very well ST.
  13. AD Leo Well-Known Player

Bottom 2 may have been a bit overstated it's definitely not top tier although Circuit Breaker helps going to a pure ST loadout means missing all that AOE damage that its just not worth it. CT is about the only fight where this would make it worth it.
  14. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

But not truly the case. In situations where you still want/need to burn some adds, you can replace Tesla with Voltaic (burst, not the dot Voltaic). HV will dot everything, Arc will bounce on everything (great dmg) and Voltaic will burst dmg everything leaving ionic to focus solely on the boss. Coupled with strategist (trans too) the reactivate advantage procs often enough to compensate.

So in places like FB(e too), the above is a great loadout.
  15. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Tactical advantage, not reactive lol.
  16. Psyfur Well-Known Player

I think Trans, Page, and Purple will make a better team than Trans, Strat, and Purple. Strat and Purple both give hots but Purple will be more consistent because its proc isn’t determined by rng.
  17. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

It'll be a while before I level up the purple, but I all curious to know if the trans strat and purple would be well fitting combo.
  18. I3eleth Well-Known Player

Dps use Transformation for sure. Then either Strategist/Tetra/Eye of Gemini. I'd suggest Strat/Eye because I use them on my healer because electric's bio capacitor heal move always crits effectively making strat+bio a page of destiny and giving you a heal over time it does stack with page no interference. Eye of gemeni to feed green supercharge building circles for the group using the iconic pheremone bloom supercharge will make runs a ton faster and youll have your sc back before its off cooldown or you can run strat soulcloak and eye and use 2 2500 supercharges for alerts making the runs extra fast not pheasable for harder elites or newer raids but i still run pheremone bloom in new elite content just not 2 super charges.