Peve....Get the LFG name right people

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So I was on last night and watching LFG across a few toons doing Calc and Meta. I keep seeing a guy shouting for 'Feat run for JFS alert', or 'Need roles for JFS alert feats'. I started asking things like 'JFS?---Justice for Some?'....'Jello for Supper?'... 'Jeebus fights Superman' (could be a DLC?), but the shouts just kept coming for feats in 'JFS'. Well apparently someone got him to clarify (after 30 or 40 min of shouting) because eventually came 'Need 2 for JLD alert feat run'...and wouldn't you know within a few min it was 'need 1'....then no more shouts, likely because the group filled up once he made it clear what he wanted.

How are you going to ask for feats in a run you don't even know the name of a run? I can see a typo, but as the text of the message was changing he wasn't just copy pasting, so the typo could have been fixed if he actually knew the name....I'd guess he did not. Feat runs especially require communication and not knowing the name of the alert doesn't bode well for the guys ability to know how the feats work...much less how to co-ordinate a group to get them. Good luck with Hellish Reflections and Steak well done guys!

There are other ones like people shouting for BNE for Blackest Night Elite (doesn't exist) or things where 'reg' is not needed like DCreg (Talking about Damage Control)....although DC is another one it would be nice to clarify as we now have 2 DC alerts and using 'DCreg' definitely indicates you are looking for Desecrated Cathedral....right?

This isn't even including when you get into a group for a raid run, only to find out they are queing for event to blow through it 'quick'. Mention 'event marks run' or something if you are doing that.

[IMG]

Just a peve, feel free to call me out if you ever see me typing nonsense repeatedly (well in game...not here....the forums are full of nonsense).
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I see people shout for feat runs in Throne or Throne E. I'm never entirely sure which throne they're after.
    • Like x 3
  3. Chia Death Well-Known Player

I'm always confused when people say they're doing a renown run- in WoW renown runs were when you'd do a full clear including all trash mobs because each would give you a tiny bit of renown, but since skipping trash or fighting everything in the instance nets you the same amount of renown in DCUO... Wtf is a renown run?

Edit: Also, it's "peeve". Just a pet peeve of mine, like queue.
    • Like x 1
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

Also, Assault and Battery is AssBat, I don't care what anyone else says to the contrary. That's what we used when it was fresh and all of these johnny-come-lately with their A&B nonsense. AssBat, people. AssBat.
    • Like x 5
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

We called it *** hat, but yup. Doesn't matter...cant' ever get into that run no matter what you call it. The raid time forgot (along with the Hand of fate ones). Still need some of the styles from that...on alt accounts. Slow going at one run a month and attuned drops.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

In DCUO 'Renown run' normally means quick run, no feats, just going as fast as possible...just an Elite run to get the renown(could be 'marks run', 'collections run', etc...)...but yeah, it's different.

And yeah...I realized I misspelled it after a bit, but you can't edit a thread subject. But thanks for calling me out on it, as it's a thread about accuracy....I'd have it no other way.
    • Like x 2
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well well well sounds like something where a little quality of life improvement could take place.
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

It's always been A&B on USPS3/4 servers
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It was both. "Assbat" stopped being funny so we switched it to A&B.
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Nah man....it was always A&B on the Playstation server before the merge. Sure, some used the name you did, but I always typed A&B, never had a problem getting picked up.
    • Like x 1
  11. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Assbat will never not be funny.
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You think that's bad? As soon as the PC + PS merger happened on the EU server all the raids and operations lost their names and started being referred to as "OP(number)." For example in the current Birds of Prey episode nobody asks for Clocktower or Fire & Brimstone by anything that even closely resembles their names, such as CT of F&B. LFG is just filled with "Need Heal & Tank for OP35 & OP36." And if you try to explain to someone that an operation (which is what the OP stands for in the names) is different to a raid then you get called every name under the sun.

If I see anyone asking for any older raids/operations and they say something like "OP25" I don't even know what that is, so if I joined it'd basically just be a surprise as to what I was going into.
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

"PST with CR, SP, and Safe Word"
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

When the last DLC came out I had to think twice before saying I'd do Damage Control. Before that DC was Desecrated Cathedral.
  15. Wallflower Level 30

You also misspelled it again in your original post, which you can edit. Looks like you have more in common with whoever you're complaining about than you thought.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, true, but I'm pretty sure no one was confused as to what I was talking about. However....good call. Peeve....peeve....peeve. Ok, now it's in there.
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

ppl do it sometimes on USPS villain side, it's like what are you running?
    • Like x 1
  18. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I actually saw safe word a day or 2 ago in LFG, didnt know what they were talking about lol