Is it worth returning to?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Necidious, Jul 7, 2020.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Is the game worth returning to...Yes. Is the game worth returning to for you Necidious...only YOU can definitively answer the question. Opinions will vary, but they will hardly answer your primary question. As some in here have said, jump in and try the free event content and then ask the real questions.
  2. BƖack Dedicated Player

Where is positivity, there is also negativity and it has always been this way. ;)
  3. ALB Dedicated Player

The game can still be fun, but the artifact grind can be overwhelming. You have 3 artifact slots. Each slot can cost up to 1.5 million experience. For a vet like me, it's not much because I never stopped playing, but if it was me returning, I would be overwhelmed. You can buy nth metal detectors, sell 2 cache to buy another detector and bank the other 3, but even that process will take months to get 3 120 artifacts at 140k experience each i believe. Not counting the seals you literally have to buy.
    Up to you. Right now it's like 40% off artifact experience. Get it while the getting is good.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

And where there is ignorance, there is also ignore. Namaste.
  5. MikeMorse2x New Player

Yes there have been many updates. New styles, better stories, & the graphics are much better!
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Yes, BUT my advice? Dont fall for the hype surrounding time capsules and artifacts otherwise you will not like your return. Before I left 4 or 5 months ago I was worrying about artifacts, capsule feats, augments for 2 roles. Came back a week ago today and just been playing casually(not chasing feats, TC, augs ect) and tbh it's been the best week since revamp less 'stressful' having to worry about keeping up with everyone else and all that nonsense.
    • Like x 1
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Let's be for real to get caught up you would have to spend insane amounts of money or feel useless for at least a year til you got 3 artifacts leveled, 4 bottom augs leveled, SP' to at least 350-400. It's a huge task to return to this kind of game, but it also offers a ton of content to try to play as well depending on when you left. So it's really a double whammy
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

But negative feedback is just as important no? Sure above post wasnt constructive but he gave his answer, if the OP wanted more info on his opinion he could of asked why he thought no should return or play ect.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Negative feedback that's constructive is welcome. Trash talk just to trash talk the game like the above bs should be ignored.
    • Like x 3
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

not a big fan of artifacts but i will say it does not take a lot of work to get them to level 100 and 120.
    the augment system (not artifacts) is not bad. Its very easy to max them out each dlc through normal game play n a couple of weeks tops.

i fall in the "wanting something better for this game" camp.
    • Like x 2
  11. Roocck Committed Player

Dcuo have become very expensive to play now on days, feats (sp) are tied in time capsules witch you get every 3-4 days or buy them in marketplace. Then sp are not important anymore, not needed as much if you can get your artifacts up to 200 which also requires a lot of money. But If I were you read up as much as you can before coming back. No for me
    • Like x 2
  12. Eve YouTuber

Not all feats are in time capsules. Some are, yes, but don't give the wrong impression that they are all in the time capsules.
    You can do just fine with artifacts at levels 80-160. From personal experience. You only have to go up to 200 if you are chasing everything and want to be maxed for elite content. But It is not a must if you play casually.
    • Like x 2
  13. Little MD Well-Known Player

This is kind of interesting point about the amount of feats tied to TCs. I am legit curious now, how many of the 500+ SP are directly tied to TCS? Has anyone done the math by chance?
  14. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I like the numbers. I see the math and that’s just a small number compared to what it will be soon because of our great next time capsule.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 2
  16. Batrederik Dedicated Player

17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Me too, is why I linger about and keep coming back every so often. Because I want this game to be better then what it is currently without listing the cons lol
  18. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Someone did it awhile ago, which at that point there was 70 something SP in capsules. Of course theres been alot more capsules released since then so your looking at easily 100-120sp in capsules now
  19. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

In all honesty if you like getting everything then no cuz you'll never get the Superman Emblem and if I did I wouldn't have came back. Once I knew I already leveld 2 arts n paid for a 3 month sub so there was no turning back.. I came back metal one n was gone since the revamp. It took some money to catch up but once you catch up you use in game money n never have to pay a dime again.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think it was more like 78 or 79 currently. With Lorax's list up to Dark knights at 65.5 and and an avg of around 4-4.2 per cap, that would track. 100 is way over the mark...120 is silly.

Either way OP, everyone acts like ALL of these SP are impossible to get. I spend 0 on caps and have gotten all the feats except the Neon one (not paying 5 billion for a .25 SP feat), and I've worked through about 75% of them on a new toon on a different account and didn't start working on hers till about 4 or 5 months ago(she's got all emblems and all but 1 TC set...+ some of the collection set styles....but no Phoenix mat...no Void...meh, she'll live). Nope, you will likely never get all of them, but the difference between none and 25-50 of the 79 SP is not that hard. Many of the older emblems were not too expensive (even now) and gave some points each, TC gear as well...you just have to be able to horse trade stuff you get vs stuff you need... Canary crys sell for 10-15 mil regularly....some of the OP collections for 100-200+....farm those, sell, buy emblems and TC gear...it's not rocket science. Oh, and you also need to forget about 'but I want it noooooow!'. Down that path lies madness and the poor house. Same for those 200 artis that will be trumped every 3-6 months with a new DLC and Arti set. Find some that work for you, work on those and disregard the new shiny one that works a tiny bit better or a little differently. Getting in this game to be the 'best' is playing into DI's design. The game can be fun, but it can also be a nightmare if you make it so.
    • Like x 2