Is it worth returning to?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Necidious, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Necidious New Player

Hi guys,

I loved playing DCUO back in the day, before Daybreak took over and I lost my account for whatever reason. I haven't played in forever and I was wondering if it's something that is worth returning to or not?

Would love to hear some opinions.
  2. Controller Devoted Player

I'd say yes - come on back and try it for a month or three....

The current DLC (Birds of Prey) is quite engaging.

The NEXT DLC (The WonderVerse, Darkseid and his daughter Grail, among other things) looks to be as fun if not more. This drops in August sometime.

There has been a TON of stuff that's happened to the game since you last played so I'd study up and ask MANY questions.
    • Like x 1
  3. Eve YouTuber

I think you should, but it should be your decision and how you feel. I say play the leveling missions (1-30), do some on duty content, play the event version of Birds of Prey and see if you enjoy yourself. The grind to end game is going to take awhile for you, and the grind for skill points too, etc. But worry about it later if you choose to play.
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It is always worth it. If you enjoyed the game than there is no reason you wouldn’t enjoy it now. Yes a lot has changed but overall the skeleton inn the game is the same. Worth trying if you enjoyed the game before. But as said above, that choice is yours to make.
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

If you liked the game, it's generally better than ever in many ways. Try subbing for a month and decide for yourself.
  6. TANK69 Well-Known Player

Short answer: No
    Long answer: No, it isn't.

You are welcome. :)
    • Like x 2
  7. Little MD Well-Known Player

I recently came back since playing in 2016. There is a LOT of changes to the game, it is a bit hard to digest. A lot of feats/SP are now tied to these things called time capsules, that IMO, are a cash grab for Daybreak. But then, they have diminished the importance of SP now and compensated it with artifacts. Interesting concept (I still haven't leveled these up past the quest) but I hear leveling these to a useful level is time/resource consuming by playing the game. You can just buy XP with real money. The game now reminds me a little of blade and soul where you need these rare drops from bosses to level your weapon. You can farm it for hours, or you can just pay real money for it and move on.

I subbed for 3 months and giving it a shot. Personally I enjoy the content but having growing distaste for the obvious money grab schemes in the game.
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you don’t like the game you can just quit. The game doesn’t need people who don’t like the game ruining it for other people who could potentially like it.
    • Like x 4
  9. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

save yourself the money and stress and forget about this ancient game
    • Like x 2
  10. Psyfur Well-Known Player

I would say it’s worth coming back to as a premium player. But if I were you, I’d hold off on subscribing until you find an active and helpful league or establish a dependable friends list. Without either, I don’t think the game is worth a subscription.
    • Like x 1
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

There are ways around this.

If you are subbed than every 2 months you get enough loyalty points (not sure what the pc version is called) to buy a perfected nth metal. This gives you artifact 75000 exp. Also, if you do the vault at least once a week you get a free 3000 nth metal too. Not to mention other nth metal it drops daily. The stabilizer instance also gives nth metal drops every day. You can use this right away or you can save them for double exp weekend. At the very least I suggest saving the bigger ones for the double exp weekend. By big ones I mean the purple drops which are 200, the 3000, and the 75000.

As for breakthroughs. A common complaint is that you have to spend money to do break throughs in later ranks. That again is not true. You have 2 options here for players who don’t want to pay past subscriptions. If you are already at the break through than instead of using your every other month purchase on nth metal, you can instead buy a seal of completion with your loyalty points. This gives a guaranteed break through without spending money on the seal in the market place. The second option is to wait for a bonus catalyst weekend event. These happen pretty often and as a matter of fact there is one coming up Thursday. These events drop catalyst from instances. However these events also come with a free unstable seal of completion. The unstable seal will only last for 1 week, however if you saved your breakthrough for this event than you will already be at this point.

So yes there are ways around the artifact myth that “You HAVE to spend money on artifacts”. No you don’t. You can to speed up the process but money is not a requirement.
    • Like x 1
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I honestly don’t understand players who don’t like a game yet play it and spend time on the forums of a game they don’t like. Life is short. Don’t waste it playing a gain you don’t like. And why ruin it for people who actually do enjoy it.
    • Like x 5
  13. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

where at any point did i say i dislike the game this game was my childhood i love it but im telling him that its not really worth coming back they haven't changed anything also dude your on every thread that talks about people not not liking the game how about you get yourself a life before you accuse someone
    • Like x 2
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Telling someone this game isn’t worth coming back to is you not liking the game. If you loved the game than you’d want other people to come and enjoy the game you like. And how does me being on the forums imply not having a life. You have a very twisted way of assumptions
    • Like x 3
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Assuming you still don't have your old account, I'd say make a new one, spend the $5 to get to premium(mainly for the ability to trade and get more inventory space) and take advantage of the free eps right now to wet your beak. If you want to spend a bit more, it's a good week as seals, stabilizers and XP are on sale (although not a great sale...still a sale). With a moderate level of effort you can get to a pretty high CR quickly (They've made it crazy easy to level up) and the event for BOP is open to all levels above...10? 15? Either way I'd drop the $5 to get a decent feel for it. If you hate it...no biggie. Love it?...sub in a month or so when free eps are over (if ever) or if you actually get to 'current' CR levels and can then play the last 2 DLCs in non-event.

If you were able to recover your old account you might want to do a 1 month sub as others have suggested...I just wouldn't do it for a new account as most of the month will be spent grinding out CR and gear anyway. I wouldn't pay $15 just to run the event content anyway and it's not like you will be able to leverage your 0 in-game dollars to work the broker for a while.
  16. Little MD Well-Known Player

Thanks for the info. I'm aware that money is not a requirement to level up artifacts and I definitely said that you can pay for the XP instead of farming them to speed up the process. I'm just letting the OP know of the things I found particularly confusing when I came back a few weeks ago. As someone that recently had to learn all about artifacts and augments, it can be a lot to process and digest if you've been gone for a while.

To OP: DeitySupreme is right. You don't HAVE to spend money on artifacts. I would recommend you spend extra time researching artifacts especially since it has become a BIG part of the game now, and make sure you're comfortable with the process of leveling and upgrading these.
    • Like x 2
  17. BƖack Dedicated Player

Depends if you are Pvp or a Pve player? If you are Pvp player like myself there is nothing worth coming back to. About Pve i will not talk because i haven't playing dcuo in a very long time (years).
  18. BƖack Dedicated Player

I don't play and i don't like the game yet i'm still on this forums. ;) Is there a rule somewhere that says you can't be on that forum if you not playing or liking the game? I can be on any forum if i want to and you have nothing to do with it. :)
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

No there is no rule about. Just seems weird that you give so much if your time to a game you don’t like. And if you don’t play the game anymore than you shouldn’t have a say on others who ask about the game. This is because your experience was about the past not the current game.

If you want to live your life going to a forums just to complain than there are issues you need to work out.
    • Like x 3
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No, but there should be. Forums should be for people that support the game and provide constructive feedback. Not spread negativity and aim to turn people away. :)
    • Like x 4