Dev Diary: Wonderverse's Open World

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, the raid has an event, normal, and elite version. The rest of the instanced content has event and normal versions as well.
    • Like x 6
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That's correct. Those are items on the vendor.
    • Like x 5
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The rewards are handled differently here based on your contribution to the event, and you can return to the fight.

For example, if you die a quarter way through the event and don't make it back, you won't have done very much to contribute, but when the world boss is defeated or failed, you would still get whatever rewards you did earn with your contribution - as long as you are still in the zone.
    • Like x 6
  4. Stinkyfingers New Player

More content is awesome. I would like more randomness to the adventure. With all the heroes and villains working in Gotham and metropolis to suddenly just not be there during an event always felt off. I would like hidden areas that are not easily found for less hand holding. like to enter some of the buildings for unrelated side quest. I like your idea it get some characters we do not see often.
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

A bit like how the Metal Manbat summoned more adds in response to more players, I suppose. When one looks back to the open world bosses of metal and BoP, it suddenly becomes obvious they’ve been building up to this for a while.
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

As there is only one raid as opposed to the usual two, is the length and/or difficulty going to increase to compensate, or are the new open world bosses intended to fill in for the second raid.
  7. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Will the Items these New Bosses Drop be Also Available on this New Vender?
  8. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Could you further elaborate on how Participation is Measured with these new Bosses?
    Like say I join the fight already in progress
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have aimed for care and quality in the raid, but it is not overly long or overly difficult to compensate for there only being one, but we do intend it to offer a real challenge appropriate for each of the versions.

And yes, the open world raid-like bosses have essentially taken the place of a second raid for this episode. In terms of time spent, building the bosses was similar and we also needed to implement the entire world boss system.
    • Like x 8
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The items that drop and the items available on the vendor for the new currency are different.

We'll explain more in the livestream, but when participating in the encounter, you gain contribution points for doing damage, healing, reviving others, etc. If you meet certain point thresholds, you get better rewards.

If you join a fight in progress, contribution will still depend on what you are able to do in the time you have before the fight ends.
    • Like x 7
  11. Jackster Developer

It's almost like the guy who designed City of Heroes, its events and the Rikti is the CEO of the studio!
    • Like x 8
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

you? sarcasm? lol
  13. Nezquick Level 30

Will one raid per episode be a trend with future episodes? I’m sad to hear one raid, but excited that care & attention is primary focus.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We're trying a lot of new things here, so we don't know what shape future episodes will take.
    • Like x 4
  15. Hurtyman Active Player

How important are support roles going to be in the new open world content? Personally I would rather heal or troll than repetitively rack up damage. Is it possible for someone who doesn't farm damage to exclusion of every other aspect of the game to get the top rewards? Are critical hits going to count for more than a well placed debuff or timely priority heal?

You're saying there are more mechanics than the usual OW content, are players going to be rewarded for how well they navigate said mechanics, or should I let my comrades die around me as I ascend the top of the damage scoreboard? If the latter is true, can you tell me what August's Power of the Month is going to be?
    • Like x 1
  16. Magnificent Loyal Player

I'm not going to lie, when you signed on I was hoping you would put something like this in the game. This game is perfect for something like that (you can see how desperate people are for something random like this to happen by watching their reactions when they hear Mepps is loosing critters in WT or HoD).
    • Like x 2
  17. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Shoot for the STARS DEVS.. IM ALL ABOARD for all things NEW..

Just PLEASE be mindful of adding too MUCH GRIND and not enough FUN.. Make sure its a BALANCE ALWAYS and we will be good.. THANK YOU for all your hard work! CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU GUYS COOK UP !!
  18. Rainnifer Committed Player

I was a bit curious on this too.

As someone who prefers to troll during such bosses I don't always group with other players. Will debuffs count for much at all? I already know that I cannot give power to anyone who is not in group with me (unlike healers. I have often been healed by healers who aren't in the same group). Will I have to group with others to earn contribution as a troll? Will it be all around more beneficial for me to just be DPS?
    I'm assuming yes to my last question.
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I am assuming a tank is going to be required for these raids. How will a tanks contribution be measured? Tanks don’t normally have high same output and don’t normally have much healing or reviving. I know you said you would elaborate more on the live stream, but for those who won’t be able to make it could you do a quick overview on the tanks side?
  20. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I am really interested with the new content and open world bosses, etc. But if as much effort has been put into the new episode as Mepps has indicated it also makes me wonder if we will ever get the next wave of style unlocking. I'm starting to worry that it will end up on the shelf in-between the new a.i. project that was scrapped ages ago and serums.

I am looking forward to seeing the test streams though.