Dev Diary: Wonderverse's Open World

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2020.

1. zChaos New Player

Since it’s open world bosses and let’s say some players die from the boss, will they be able to rally back into the fight again? Or will there be a barrier area between the players and the boss with the same rally system in elite raids, so you are down more than once you are out the fight outside the barrier.
    • Like x 3
  2. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I must say I'm very intrigued this all sounds great and we can use a shake up. I'm sure some of the devs if not most wanted to try something different instead of the same formula. I'm all here I can't wait to get into it . I do must say with such a big story as this I can see there being a part 2 possibly 3 there is just so much to it .
    • Like x 1
  3. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

More open world bosses from the off are very welcome, sounds quite similar to GuildWars 2 for me. Would like to know the spawn rate of these bosses - is it similar to recent content weekly bonus bosses?

What I'd really like to see is open-world bosses that roam the zone and cause havoc, like the open-world dragons from Everquest!! I miss that!

I also love that participation gives better rewards, bad luck all you leechers!!!
  4. Miss Adora Loyal Player

How will this fair if you play multiple characters? You mention play longer but if I run multiple characters, don't want to play the same content for hours and hours.
    • Like x 1
  5. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

Only way they can get around that is if the zone-specific currency is account shared, so I doubt it.
  6. Magnificent Loyal Player

I agree, and I should know. :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Kuno Loyal Player

Excited about the new different approach to content, about the enormous Themyscira and potential styles.
    Hope this Themyscira have things to do outside dailies. Like a race, investigations that reward styles not base items and so on.
    But I wanted a duo, duos are probably my favorite piece of content to run with my best friend and this episode was supposed to have one, since BoP had a solo and no duos.

Not sure about the other currency, I mean if its some way to get elite/ommnipotence gear instead doing the same alerts and raids then Im in.
  8. Almatrix New Player

I hope someday that things like this will further dictate what level people are obviously allowed to successfully do content based on the gear and stats they have as well
  9. Magnificent Loyal Player

This sounds a whooooooooooole lot like what I have been pestering you guys since almost Day 1 of this game being live: a Rikti Invasion sort of recurring event (see: CoX). I am so very eager to see what this looks like and how it plays.

I hadn't thought about it until now but it's a bit odd that we have massive sandboxes for only 2/3 of the "holy trinity"/mentors (Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, and by extension their evil counterparts as well). While this Themyscira will have access locked by the DLC, I do hope it works and plays more like the base Metropolis and Gotham (maybe even adding mission storylines like we have in the base game but for more of this new currency as a reward?)
  10. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Again with different currency?
  11. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Please don’t add a “defeat xxx amount of times” feat for these bosses
    • Like x 1
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Having a non-locked currency will have a pretty much identical end result.
  13. Eve YouTuber

Not sure if we can get an answer for this right now, since we getting rewards and side currency for these rewards, does it mean the way bonus *Name currency for this episode* weeks will be different?
    I mean like that:
    • Double\Triple for both currencies at the same time?
    • Are there gonna be additional rewards? like the Botanical Hair or the Adaptive Chroma material? (This type of rewards like so far in every episode)
    Hope it can be answered, if not, it's understandable.
  14. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding, I am so looking forward to this
  15. Swamarian Committed Player

They'll scale to some degree. My guess is that they'll have a minimal and max strength, and scale roughly based on the number of people attacking it. So, for 1-12 people, it's base strength, at 24 people, it's x1.6, and at 36, it maxes out at x2.5 strength. That way it keeps getting tougher, but you're still better off piling on the people.
    • Like x 2
  16. Dead13 Well-Known Player

I'm glad to hear that BoP understands that people tired doing dailies and they're creating smth new, thx for that;)
    What about new power? 3 years without new power (:)))eek: Please add smth or make players open new power tree when they reach 500 sp:rolleyes: I don't know where to waste my sp...
    Make Base item deletable and more comfortable to use, that's all i want. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  17. triloos New Player

Who asks 4th slot for artifact is crazy? I've been trying for a month to raise my first art from 140 to 160... No to 4th slot pls
    • Like x 1
  18. Stinkyfingers New Player

It will make the world more alive. A lot of time avatars are just hanging out a watch tower or little bo. I would like be able to enter the buildings and find loot. have hidden caves and lairs with battles not related directly to the story
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The contrast here is the bounty missions you would run in previous episodes would loot lock, where there is no loot lock for the currency here.

Also, previous added bosses would drop a few items vs. the large selection and new vendor here with world bosses.
    • Like x 2
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The hardware issue has been fully resolved.
    • Like x 2