Dev Diary: Wonderverse's Open World

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2020.

1. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I'm cautiously optimistic. Too used to that other shoe dropping directly on our heads to get too excited about this. But it does sound spiffy
    • Like x 3
  2. inferno Loyal Player

If this new method is a success; this new "Empyrean Aether currency" will it be used again for the next DLC or is this third currency going to be episode-specific as well.
    • Like x 1
  3. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Seems to me like it would be Episode Specific.
    • Like x 2
  4. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Presumably there is an elite version of the raid? I'm reading into the wording of your posts a fair bit at the moment.
  5. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Sounds like this could be a New Way of Earning Elite Gear?
    • Like x 2
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Won’t know until I try it, but the open world stuff sounds promising. The single raid runs the risk of being content only a handful of people can or even want to play - no available alternatives. Ironically, the lost month of Darkseid War Factory comes to mind (where even regular was unplayable to many).
    • Like x 1
  7. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Basically this sounds like Even LESS Content and more Openworld Mayhem WHICH we can FAIL..UGG
    • Like x 1
  8. inferno Loyal Player

If that ends up being the case, we definitely will need to have a way of organizing currency. Because now we need to determine if this new currency will also get converted to source marks after a while. If it doesn't, it will just add to our too long of a list of currency.

I see the potential of re-visiting these new Open worlds in the future with "bonus weeks episodes" and re-populating the map and adding new styles to those vendors.

Nicely Done.
    p.s. just remember, it's all about the rewards and the gains.
    • Like x 1
  9. Trysixe New Player

Well that's a nice way of thinking but having an old *** engine and alot of people without the best sync will lag out the game, I'm playing the game on 2k res (2130 or something like that) having an high end pc but when watchtower getting populated I'm getting FPS drops from server side (not my side, cause still remains on around 200)

I hope ya'll do a big upgrade to the game when PS5 comes out because I assume that after few months most of PS4 users will move along and it will give you the opportunity to upgrade engine.

Old games doing so nowadays, so I hope one day this game will have better engine and better looking assets, On overall this DLC sounds promising hopefully it will fresh out the game current mechanics (go daily, and sit AFK on watchtower)
    • Like x 2
  10. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

I'm looking forward to the first livestream, cuz I'm curious to know what you guys mean by "enormous". As for me, I expect the open world will be a little smaller (just a ittle) than Metropolis and Gotham.

• Like x 3
  11. Phantom El New Player

Your right, they do. For example, Braniac has been invading earth in those open world area for about 9 years now, time to change things up a bit.
  12. Aquagirl Level 30

Hmmm larger than Atlantis maybe? lol'
    • Like x 3
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

The new open world is probably a reskin of the Themyscira map. The one from the iconic solos, AoD alert (first part), Themyscira Divided alert, and first part of False Idols. Which is a fairly big instance tbf.
    • Like x 4
  14. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Will there be new music or atmospherics?

The music's generally been pretty hum-drum, so some more exciting or dramatic themes would be nice.
    • Like x 4
  15. Caroline Dedicated Player

I.Simply.Can't.Wait.
    • Like x 3
  16. M2ThaDot New Player

and the likeliness of obtaining these new drop's percentage rate?
  17. M2ThaDot New Player

sorry ...i meant to say the drop rate of these legendary and elite weapons and generator mods,drop rate is obtainable i hope and not like 000000000000000.1 percent chance of ever getting.That being said can we also have a new slot for a 4th artifact just saying extending ideas here. Thanks 4 your time....:cool:
    • Like x 1
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

From the way it was worded I was assuming that the elite weapons, jewellery and legendary generator mods were in the vendor and you had to buy them with the new currency.
    • Like x 4
  19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

If we're fighting Darkseid I'd hope for the most epic sounding OST they have ever done. Even more so than the one used on the original Darkseid fight, Catwoman solo, Avatar of Meta fight, Nexus last boss etc.

Especially if we are in a pattern of new OST every episode like the last few episodes.

If we fight Zeus we already had a Zeus theme in lb Olympus.

Poseidon could be interesting.

Grail not sure, expecting some sort of dark theme with a lot of heavy drum sounds.
  20. Hraesvelg Always Right

That is also how I read it. You get a certain amount of currency from each open world boss, you stack those up, you buy it off the vendor. As for the other generator mods dropping, I'm fairly certain Mepps meant the regular ones will be as they are now, in the other content as loot choices.
    • Like x 3